First-timers on Azamara!

Scubaaah

1 hour ago, bcaha said:

I keep seeing dining options mentioned... Just wondering, on the evenings that the ship is in port till 10 pm do most people return to the ship for dinner or find a restaurant on land? thanks

If I eat off the ship it tends to be the overnight ports. Leaving at 10, by the time you need to be back (9.45 latest) it doesn't give you a great deal of time and I find it too stressful to settle. I've had some memorable dinners off the ship in overnight ports. 

Phil 

• Like 3

Two of the nights with late departures will be for the Azamazing and White nights. With many of their cruises now being 7-13 nights, there appear to be fewer opportunities to consider off ship evening dining; not that it has ever worried us.

Hoping to sail in September and have a few questions - 

Tried to do online check in and says they will advise when ready (have done final payment) usually one can check in once final is done or at least register the cruise?

Approx cost of the specialty restaurants if not purchasing a package?

Wi-fi shows $19.95 per day - are the rates the same if we add it once onboard or special pre-cruise pricing?

For main room dining - do you need to make reservations?

Thank you so much for your help - Stay well and safe

2 hours ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Hoping to sail in September and have a few questions - 

Tried to do online check in and says they will advise when ready (have done final payment) usually one can check in once final is done or at least register the cruise?

Approx cost of the specialty restaurants if not purchasing a package?

Wi-fi shows $19.95 per day - are the rates the same if we add it once onboard or special pre-cruise pricing?

For main room dining - do you need to make reservations?

Thank you so much for your help - Stay well and safe

The costs of specialty restaurants are $30 pp if not purchasing a package. I think the WiFi package is the same whether purchased in advance or on board. There are dining packages that offer good deals on specialty restaurants. In the past, no need reserve for the MDR, but that may be changing. Happy 

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The costs of specialty restaurants are $30 pp if not purchasing a package. I think the WiFi package is the same whether purchased in advance or on board. There are dining packages that offer good deals on specialty restaurants. In the past, no need reserve for the MDR, but that may be changing. Happy 

I saw somewhere, on this board, they may require reservations for MDR due to Covid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I saw somewhere, on this board, they may require reservations for MDR due to Covid.

Maybe requested but not required? But who knows. Will be counting on those aboard the first sailings to keep us informed!

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the additional information - I had thought that alcohol was included but now see that there are two (2) packages to purchase - is any alcohol included?

Definitely will know more once they start actually sailing - example - are they doing tests onboard prior to embarkation and then again disembarkation; how many actual passengers will be onboard; any other changes

Again thank you all for taking the time to respond - Stay well and Safe - 

6 minutes ago, Cruiser Nonna said:

Thank you so much for the additional information - I had thought that alcohol was included but now see that there are two (2) packages to purchase - is any alcohol included?

Definitely will know more once they start actually sailing - example - are they doing tests onboard prior to embarkation and then again disembarkation; how many actual passengers will be onboard; any other changes

Again thank you all for taking the time to respond - Stay well and Safe - 

Yes there is a basic included alcohol, it used to be listed on the website but I can’t find it now, so this is a list from a few years ago. There has been changes bit it will give you an idea, the cocktails list is not definitive but for indication, you can normally have any cocktails that can be made from the complimentary spirits.

BE0BD351-F96A-49F7-A4BD-9E40B96CC379.thumb.jpeg.1a488ff044071566daf113c1841a0879.jpeg

Of course with the change of ownership there could be changes but we won’t know until cruising starts again.

• Like 1

Just to add to this, wine is included too - two reds and two whites which change every day (but if you find one you really like you can ask for it on another day and they usually manage to find some for you) plus a rose and a sparkling wine which are always the same.

Also the included alcohol is available at any bar, any time - for example you can ask for a mimosa/Buck’s Fizz or Bloody Mary at breakfast. However they are not included in room service or in your stateroom fridge. If you want a ‘free’ drink in your room you have to take it there yourself (with the size of the boat you’re never too far from a bar).

Have you looked at the pinned topic ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ - some useful information there (with the caveat that this was how things were before COVID, so may not be exactly like this when they start sailing again).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Riocca said:

Yes there is a basic included alcohol, it used to be listed on the website but I can’t find it now, so this is a list from a few years ago. There has been changes bit it will give you an idea, the cocktails list is not definitive but for indication, you can normally have any cocktails that can be made from the complimentary spirits.

BE0BD351-F96A-49F7-A4BD-9E40B96CC379.thumb.jpeg.1a488ff044071566daf113c1841a0879.jpeg

Of course with the change of ownership there could be changes but we won’t know until cruising starts again.

Is there Jameson's?

5 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Is there Jameson's?

I know the whisky has been changed but not sure what to as we’re not whisky (or whiskey) drinkers. Doubt it is Jameson’s as that was on the Ultimate package.

Here are the onboard fliers from about the same time:

5DD4B477-4CC8-4A8E-BFE4-75E12BAD2E7A.thumb.jpeg.e3d47cbf3290142c1bb84e420160b415.jpeg

8FF36C56-3723-4C6B-A0A0-0FA8A90D2A24.thumb.jpeg.73fd5ba83d7e6d523d3551ff78bbd266.jpeg

Again following the change of ownership who knows if what happened pre pandemic will be the same once cruises get underway.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

I know the whisky has been changed but not sure what to as we’re not whisky (or whiskey) drinkers. Doubt it is Jameson’s as that was on the Ultimate package.

5DD4B477-4CC8-4A8E-BFE4-75E12BAD2E7A.thumb.jpeg.e3d47cbf3290142c1bb84e420160b415.jpeg

8FF36C56-3723-4C6B-A0A0-0FA8A90D2A24.thumb.jpeg.73fd5ba83d7e6d523d3551ff78bbd266.jpeg

Again following the change of ownership who knows if what happened pre pandemic will be the same once cruises get underway.

Yes, I can’t find the list of included beverages anymore. And the Experience More packages seem to have changed a bit.

17 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, I can’t find the list of included beverages anymore. And the Experience More packages seem to have changed a bit.

Yes there are a few changes, can’t remember what we paid to upgrade in 2019 but thought it was the same as on the flier from 2018 in which case there’s been a small price increase.

776EF09A-67E5-49FD-8920-AE44D374A6B2.thumb.jpeg.d7de620c0137f505960e99ed7b86b56a.jpeg

The current list should be on this link https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

We don't drink much hard alcohol but enjoy nice wines. Does anyone have a wine list with bottle prices from a previous cruise? I note that the wines per glass included in the ultimate package are not what I would consider premium wines so might not spend for an upgraded package.

These are prices of the wines per bottle shown on the Azamara Ultimate package  

Prices are readily available in California

Chardonnay Kendall Jackson Vintner Reserve $12/750ml

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall Jackson Vintners Reserve  $17/750ml

Beaujolais Villages Georges Duboeuf $12/750ml

23 hours ago, Riocca said:

Thanks.

Thank You.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

We don't drink much hard alcohol but enjoy nice wines. Does anyone have a wine list with bottle prices from a previous cruise? I note that the wines per glass included in the ultimate package are not what I would consider premium wines so might not spend for an upgraded package.

These are prices of the wines per bottle shown on the Azamara Ultimate package  

Prices are readily available in California

Chardonnay Kendall Jackson Vintner Reserve $12/750ml

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall Jackson Vintners Reserve  $17/750ml

Beaujolais Villages Georges Duboeuf $12/750ml

I don't know how up to date this list is. It's pretty old, but it comes from the Prime C menu on the website. It gives an idea at least. 

https://www.azamara.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/prime_c_wine_list_june_2014.pdf

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

On 7/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

And to add to your original question, you can check in online 90 days or less from your cruise.

I think they're delaying this at the moment. At least, I'm 40 days away and it's still greyed out, as it is for the original poster sailing a little later. Nothing on the website to explain it though. 

2 hours ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

I think they're delaying this at the moment. At least, I'm 40 days away and it's still greyed out, as it is for the original poster sailing a little later. Nothing on the website to explain it though. 

That doesn’t sound good.

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

That doesn’t sound good.

It could be more that they haven't decided what proof of vaccination, insurance etc they need, and how to get it on to the system. Most of the sailing cruise lines have adapted their online checkins to take that information. Azamara may just be slower at doing it. 

I'm giving them until 30 days ahead and then chasing. 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2021 at 9:49 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

If I eat off the ship it tends to be the overnight ports. Leaving at 10, by the time you need to be back (9.45 latest) it doesn't give you a great deal of time and I find it too stressful to settle. I've had some memorable dinners off the ship in overnight ports. 

Phil 

We have similar thoughts so we make it a practice to have a mid-day snack off the ship when in most ports, particularly when we've been to a port previously ... we will try their local specialty appitizer if available and their local specialty cocktail, wine, beer, etc.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are also new to Asamara - have had a couple of cruises with Oceania, and liked them. My question is about back to back cruises and the relationship to On Board Credits.

We are intending to to cruise on Asmara Pursuit with an 11 night cruise first out of Amsterdam and then back it up with a 13 night cruise out of Bordeaux to Barcelona.

How many OBC's will we be entitled to?

All this is dependent upon Australia opening our boarders - does not look likely at the moment!