Cruise ship not allowed to dock in Scotland

jeanlyon

The ship does not have Belfast on the itineraries.  It is to remain docked in Liverpool until this evening.  Apparently calls to Greenock have been cancelled up to and including the 23rd June and the following call is, I think, 8 days after that.

Even bubbled tours are not allowed in Greenock, though most are apparently coach trips with pax having to stay on the coach, even at photo stops.  Can only take pics through the window.

P&O aren't due at Greenock until September and anything can happen in that time. Also, MSC didn't require vaccinated pax, which may have also influenced the decision.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

P&O aren't due at Greenock until September and anything can happen in that time. Also, MSC didn't require vaccinated pax, which may have also influenced the decision.

Alas your response is less dramatic but accurate 

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

MSC didn't require vaccinated pax, which may have also influenced the decision.

Makes no difference at all under current Scottish legislation.  

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Makes no difference at all under current Scottish legislation.  

The FM stated that no cruise ship could dock until the whole of Scotland was in their level 1.

Could someone explain to me why it is possible to travel by rail from Liverpool to Glasgow, where the only requirement is to wear a face mask, yet it’s not permitted to travel by sea from Liverpool to Glasgow where the passengers have been either vaccinated or tested.

I assume also that the ferries are still operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland with no requirements for testing or vaccination.

Don’t see the logic.

Brian

• Like 4

On 09/06/2021 at 7:31 PM, BrianI said:

Could someone explain to me why it is possible to travel by rail from Liverpool to Glasgow, where the only requirement is to wear a face mask, yet it’s not permitted to travel by sea from Liverpool to Glasgow where the passengers have been either vaccinated or tested.

I assume also that the ferries are still operating between Scotland and Northern Ireland with no requirements for testing or vaccination.

Don’t see the logic.

Brian

Exactly Brian, we are booked on one of the cruises from Greenock and the only reason we booked with the particular cruise line leaving from there was because we could drive to the port in an hour and a half, now we don't know what will happen with our cruise. 

It's illogical that we can go anywhere in the UK from Scotland by plane, train, bus, car and unbelievably ferry without testing but not allowed to embark the cruise ship in Greenock which has very strict COVID protocols. 

It's frustrating for us as waiting for the whole of Scotland to be level 1 in my opinion is not going to happen anytime soon due to the ever increasing number of varients.  

COVID isn't going away so we need to start living with it especially as the vaccine roll out is going well or what's the point. Most people will look at risks in their lives based on their own personal circumstances and going on a cruise ship is no different. 

Very frustrated and disappointed as no doubt most of the Scottish cruise passengers are just now 😥

• Like 3

On 6/9/2021 at 7:31 PM, BrianI said:

Don’t see the logic.

Brian

There is no logic to it at all and yes the ferries are still therea:

lots of bad press about it up here.

• Like 1