Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs

3 minutes ago, BSocial said:

It depends.  According to Royal’s website, 
For both Seattle and Galveston departures. Vaccines are required for all eligible guest based on sailing date (12+ as of August 1). * (Possibly medical or religious exemptions apply) .

select departure port from the “where are you sailing from box” in the link below .  Florida not listed there yet, 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Thanks!  I was looking at some of their cruises over the weekend.  I should have looked at their "healthy sail" requirements.  So, it seems most, if not all, of the cruise lines want to sail vaccinated.

Just now, graphicguy said:

Thanks!  I was looking at some of their cruises over the weekend.  I should have looked at their "healthy sail" requirements.  So, it seems most, if not all, of the cruise lines want to sail vaccinated.

You’re welcome.  I think what differentiates Royal from NCL, Carnival and even Celebrity - is that Royal is accepting all under-12s.  They are not limiting unvaccinated (by age) to 5%.  

I was reading a post on Carnival thread from a family denied their 10 year olds’ exemption - they supposedly already had 5% of kids accounted for.   This family had 3 staterooms, and their son was the only passenger under vaccine age.  I felt bad for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Say an unvaccinated party tested positive...  but sat at the same Teppanyaki table next to a vaccinated party they do not know.

Do both parties get debarked at the next port?

What Celebrity did in this scenario (vaccinated person was on the same excursion bus as the positive couple) was to quarantine the exposed vaxxed person until her Covid test came back negative. This was also done with the crew that was exposed to the Covid positive couple. Once the test came back negative, she was allowed out of quarantine. She received a bottle of Champagne along with chocolate covered treats. Wasn't that nice of Celebrity?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Say an unvaccinated party tested positive...  but sat at the same Teppanyaki table next to a vaccinated party they do not know.

Do both parties get debarked at the next port?

If the cruise line is using the CDC 15 minute within 6ft definition for close contact, then Winner Winner Chicken dinner.

But We don't know what rules the cruise lines are going by, unless they say.

• Like 1

Just now, coffeebean said:

She received a bottle of Champagne along with chocolate covered treats. Wasn't that nice of Celebrity?

As opposed to a life ban from the entire grouping if she refused to comply. Very nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BSocial said:

You’re welcome.  I think what differentiates Royal from NCL, Carnival and even Celebrity - is that Royal is accepting all under-12s.  They are not limiting unvaccinated (by age) to 5%.  

I was reading a post on Carnival thread from a family denied their 10 year olds’ exemption - they supposedly already had 5% of kids accounted for.   This family had 3 staterooms, and their son was the only passenger under vaccine age.  I felt bad for them. 

Was it said what the ten year old's exemption was for?