Royal Caribbean Says Unvaccinated Guests Will Face Restrictions, Higher Costs

9 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Of course, will this incentivize people to

1 - Get the vaccine prior to sailing

2 - Cancel their Cruise

3 - Get a fake vaccination card

Number 3 would be as dumb as one can get, over 5 grand in fines and possible jail time.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Moltar said:

Number 3 would be as dumb as one can get, over 10 grand in fines and possible jail time.

And yet for those faced with these choices, I can see most of them going that route.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

And yet for those faced with these choices, I can see most of them going that route.

Like I said, as dumb as you can get. 5 grand and possibly 5 years in jail for a cruise? Pretty sure anyone debating that is clinically insane.

Edited by Moltar
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

There's a vlogger on YouTube who lives in Germany and has been cruising throughout the pandemic.  The last cruise he was on, cruisers had to take a Covid test on board prior to disembarkation, and cruisers had to pay for it.  So, there's a precedent for having to pay.

• Like 3

RCL should have made it comulsory as a group wide policy that until further notice adults can only cruise if they are vaccinated with a take it or leave it approach. No matter where the ships of RCL sail in the world there are certain rules and regulations onboard based on group policies that might be more strict than the port they are currently docked at.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimd909 said:

I guess that's one way to get around the draconian law in Florida.  Don't want to show proof of being vaccinated...here's a bill for testing.

https://cruiseradio.net/royal-caribbean-unvaccinated-cruisers-fees-restrictions/

I think showing proof of vaccination will be an OPTION...if you don't show, you'll be ASSumed to be unvaccinated...sounds like a plan to me.  

Walking the plank when the ship enters international waters seems like a fair way to handle the unvaccinated.  🙂

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Same as celebrity 

I did a mock booking on Celebrity for my family of 4, which includes 2 small unvaccinated children. If I book a cabin for 4, the 3rd and 4th guest rate is way higher than the 1st and 2nd guest rate. I can get two connecting balconies for $1,000 less than one ocean view for 4. 

Maybe this pricing is designed to deter families (with small children who wouldn’t want to get two cabins) from booking.

Edited by Tapi

Guest BigRoger

Re the title of the post... good.... if anti vaxers want to cruise they should be tested at their expense... I'mfinefor them to cruise if they can prove they are not carrying the virus, and they wear a mask wherever anyone else has to 

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I did a mock booking on Celebrity for my family of 4, which includes 2 small unvaccinated children. If I book a cabin for 4, the 3rd and 4th guest rate is way higher than the 1st and 2nd guest rate. I can get two connecting balconies for $1,000 less than one ocean view for 4. 

Maybe this pricing is designed to deter families (with small children who wouldn’t want to get two cabins) from booking.

I said that about this carnival sale on solo cabins. They are aiming for adults, not kids to fill ships until cso lifts.

Havent seen carnival like this in over 10 years. Long time ago their oddball 1As didnt have a solo supplement. I too think they are encouraging adults, and saying vaxxed. Why would they have a sale on solo cabins. Odd. ..except expecting families to cancel. I agree with you. 

In states like Florida and Texas I wonder how they are going to know who is not vaccinated.  

Can they legally ask if you are vaccinated?  

My family of four is vaccinated and I will volunteer my vaccination status, yet wondering how they will know or single people out who aren't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

I’m not sure how vaccination status has any bearing on morality?  If I were unvaccinated I might choose to cancel my existing bookings and/or have a different vacation experience in the meantime...I wouldn’t do something that should be illegal like getting a fake vaccination card.  You clearly have been hanging out with the wrong sort of people if you think that is “most” would do. 🙄

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Of course, will this incentivize people to

1 - Get the vaccine prior to sailing

2 - Cancel their Cruise

3 - Get a fake vaccination card

Filled my name in on Vaccine Card, I'm good

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Seriously, we had zero issues booking seperate cabins for our boys. I think they were 5 & 7 at the time 

21 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Old Days, 20+ years ago most time 3/4 was more then 1/2. Summertime & Holidays some years same now. Post CV limiting passengers, Kids, not Surprised

12 minutes ago, LoriLoriLori said:

In states like Florida and Texas I wonder how they are going to know who is not vaccinated.  

Can they legally ask if you are vaccinated?  

My family of four is vaccinated and I will volunteer my vaccination status, yet wondering how they will know or single people out who aren't. 

Please don’t compare Texas with Florida’s law.    Not the same at all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stay safe and feel safe; stay out of Florida and Texas and board your cruise in a state which follows scientific guidelines.  The cruise industry didn't need those two states sticking their noses into ship protocols.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ricksurf said:

Stay safe and feel safe; stay out of Florida and Texas and board your cruise in a state which follows scientific guidelines.  The cruise industry didn't need those two states sticking their noses into ship protocols.

again, Texas law is not the same as Florida’s law.   Not a problem in Texas.

Even Carnival is asking for 95% Vaccinations out of Galveston,   Texas law is different. 

Edited by BSocial
Added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1