Free At Sea- Dining Question

9 hours ago, Centexcruiseaddict said:

ok thank you so much. So I just ignore the prices on the menus then,. I was wondering how that works.

Ignore the prices, but be aware that some items may carry a surcharge even with the dining plan, which is noted on the menu.

I read this in the terms and conditions of the Free at Sea.  I have never cruised with NCL so I wanted to make sure I read the fine print. 

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants.

So is this not true, you can use the Speciality Dining Credit at the other "fee" restaurants and we are not just limited to these 2 restaurants under the current Free at Sea promotion? 

Thank you 

@greatestvaluethe SDP FAS perk allows you to dine at ANY specialty restaurant.  The flat-fee ones are fully covered.  The a-la-carte allow for multiple appetizers and desserts with a limit of one entree.  I believe this was explained earlier in the thread.  I've used my FAS dining perk at Le Bistro, Cagney's, La Cucina and Q (I was on the Bliss).  Some venues may have up-charge entree items as well, where there's a fee added on top of what is allotted by the SDP.

• Like 1

dont leave out teppanyaki or moderno if they are on your ship. if you go to moderno, make sure you are hungry, its a brazillian style restaurant, and the waiters come around and around and around with skewers of different meats until you tell them no more or you explode!

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

dont leave out teppanyaki or moderno if they are on your ship. if you go to moderno, make sure you are hungry, its a brazillian style restaurant, and the waiters come around and around and around with skewers of different meats until you tell them no more or you explode!

Make sure you go to Moderno early in the cruise, sometimes they run out of the grilled pineapple on longer cruises...

7 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I read this in the terms and conditions of the Free at Sea.  I have never cruised with NCL so I wanted to make sure I read the fine print. 

Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants.

So is this not true, you can use the Speciality Dining Credit at the other "fee" restaurants and we are not just limited to these 2 restaurants under the current Free at Sea promotion? 

Thank you 

The wording on NCL T&Qs is very misleading sometimes.

What it is saying is that the one entree limit applies in those two restaurants (apps, sides and desserts are not limited). The other restaurants are covered by the package without such limits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Not to hijack this thread, but how does the plan work with Onda? What's considered an entree? What's considered an appetizer? Does pizza count as an app or an entree? Is pasta an entree vs the "Segundi" items?  Thanks!

For me, what's considered an appetizer is anything listed under appetizer like a salad.

What's considered as an entrée - this is your main meal course.

Anything on the specific restaurant menu like steak, pasta, salmon, etc.

Pizza - I would say it count as an entrée.

Pasta - If you go to La Cucina, for example on their menu it would say something like available in Entrée size for $5 additional.

If Onda is anything like La Cucina you could end up with a 4-course meal.  I was able to get an appetizer, some ravioli (I think), sea bass (I think but the menu I see online had salmon) and a dessert.

Great info, thanks everyone!  I have very picky 12 and 14 year old.  Can they sit and sip their soda's and hang out while Mom and Dad enjoy a specialty meal?  I think I read that there is a kids menu at some specialty locations but I don't recall what ages it is for?  

22 minutes ago, choover2576 said:

Great info, thanks everyone!  I have very picky 12 and 14 year old.  Can they sit and sip their soda's and hang out while Mom and Dad enjoy a specialty meal?  I think I read that there is a kids menu at some specialty locations but I don't recall what ages it is for?  

the kids menu is the same thruout the ship. i forget what ages it's for but cant imagine they wouldnt let you in a specialty enjoy your expensive meal while they have the kids stuff

So many cuisines to choose from! Make dinner on every night of your cruise a delicious adventure at one of our Specialty Restaurants. Kids 12 and under eat free from the complimentary kids' menu at all specialty restaurants. Excludes dinner and a show dining events.

Edited by luckyinpa

On 6/20/2021 at 4:23 PM, choover2576 said:

At those ages, couldn't they just go to the buffet by themselves?  

• Like 2