Where are first 2 Indy cruises from Galveston??

Independence of the Seas: August 15, 2021 departing from Galveston, Texas

Above is from Royal, but in checking website all week, the first date showing up available to book is Aug 29, 2021.  Been wanting to check those first 2 cruises as well for pricing and availability.  Anyone know what's up with this?

Just a guess but most likely moving people from Liberty to Independence on those sailings.  They need to reassign cabins to all that were originally on Liberty. 

Donna

Edited by vegas7df

Our original port of calls for Liberty sailing on 8/15 are: Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica.   Our booking still shows cancelled,  I'm waiting for the cruise transfer to Indendence.  Not sure they will stop at those same ports.

Edited by StrikeEagle

1 hour ago, StrikeEagle said:

Our original port of calls for Liberty sailing on 8/15 are: Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica.   Our booking still shows cancelled,  I'm waiting for the cruise transfer to Indendence.  Not sure they will stop at those same ports.

They’re all going the other route. (Coz, Costa, Roatan). I assume it’s because G Cayman is not accepting cruise ships at this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jhannah said:

We booked on Explorer OTS out of Galveston in October. We're still waiting on notice that we're switching to Independence OTS. I'm sure all this shifting around takes time to unravel. 

They already  transferred my October Explorer midship (hump) cabin to the most forward JS on deck 9 on Indy.    I don’t want to sail that far forward.  Had to wait for TA to open, then after 3 hours for wonderful TA waiting to talk to Resolutions (and disconnected twice), Royal said, “We gave you same  category but not in same area, and there is no where to move you now.”    To make it worse, Royal opened the short sailings up for booking before they moved all the Explorer passengers.  What incompetence.  .  

Log in to Royal website and see if you have already been moved over. ( On the App, I had to log out then back in for update).

Edited by BSocial

1 hour ago, BSocial said:

They already  transferred my October Explorer midship (hump) cabin to the most forward JS on deck 9 on Indy.    I don’t want to sail that far forward.  Had to wait for TA to open, then after 3 hours for wonderful TA waiting to talk to Resolutions (and disconnected twice), Royal said, “We gave you same  category but not in same area, and there is no where to move you now.”    To make it worse, Royal opened the short sailings up for booking before they moved all the Explorer passengers.  What incompetence.  .  

Log in to Royal website and see if you have already been moved over. ( On the App, I had to log out then back in for update).

That’s what aggravated me. They opened up cabins for sale before they assigned the transfers with just random rooms blocked off. Kinda screwed a lot of people that way. 
Luckily, I came out ok, but some didn’t. 

Edited by HicksRA

41 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

That’s what aggravated me. They opened up cabins for sale before they assigned the transfers with just random rooms blocked off. Kinda screwed a lot of people that way. 
Luckily, I came out ok, but some didn’t. 

Happy for you.  
I’m still deciding whether to keep the reservation.  Have 8 more days to see if a different JS opens up, or I will request the refund. 

Edited by BSocial

Definitely doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how this process is happening. It all makes we very nervous for our 8/15 sailing since there are only 2 cabins in the same category as ours....luckily they haven't opened up new bookings yet. Really hoping they don't screw this up....I need a vacation!

2 hours ago, bgooding12 said:

Definitely doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how this process is happening. It all makes we very nervous for our 8/15 sailing since there are only 2 cabins in the same category as ours....luckily they haven't opened up new bookings yet. Really hoping they don't screw this up....I need a vacation!

Same happened to me. We were booked in 1854 panoramic suite and when they posted the Indy sailings, 1854 was open for sale. There’s only two of them. After some panic and phone calls all they could tell me was that 1804 was being held back and MAYBE that was for me, I’d just have to wait and see. 
Ultimately I was assigned 1804 but changed back to 1854 as it hadn’t been sold yet. 

Original cruise 10/6 Explorer now on Independence.

I did have a freak out moment I just happened to login and it said the cruise on explorer was cancelled and then 2 days later we were moved to the Independence.  They moved us without issue to new cabin is pretty much in the same location. But the amount they say we owe is not correct.  We haven't received any kind of notification from Royal that the cruise was even changing to the Independence.  My Daughter in law and son are on the same cruise and their amount due is incorrect also.  She was told they have until 6/16 to get everything all moved.  I know it must be a logistically nightmare but I think if they could just send an email explaining what is going to be the next steps might have helped.  

Edited by maggiecharlie
make correction

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Same happened to me. We were booked in 1854 panoramic suite and when they posted the Indy sailings, 1854 was open for sale. There’s only two of them. After some panic and phone calls all they could tell me was that 1804 was being held back and MAYBE that was for me, I’d just have to wait and see. 
Ultimately I was assigned 1804 but changed back to 1854 as it hadn’t been sold yet. 

When we booked our 8/15 cruise we had a GTY panoramic suite (which was weird considering there are only 2). Then maybe a few weeks ago (if that) they assigned us to 1854. Still waiting to see what they do when they move us over. But come on, seems like the easiest place to start in moving people over are those cabin categories with the least amount of cabins. Fingers crossed it all works out. I still don't understand why they don't work through these things in some sort of order (chronological would make sense). Not Royal, but I've seen how antiquated Celebrity's system looks when booking a cruise onboard (assuming Royal is the same or similar)....so maybe it's a very manual, tedious process. As my 6 year old likes to say, "I have no patience."

6 hours ago, bgooding12 said:

When we booked our 8/15 cruise we had a GTY panoramic suite (which was weird considering there are only 2). Then maybe a few weeks ago (if that) they assigned us to 1854. Still waiting to see what they do when they move us over. But come on, seems like the easiest place to start in moving people over are those cabin categories with the least amount of cabins. Fingers crossed it all works out. I still don't understand why they don't work through these things in some sort of order (chronological would make sense). Not Royal, but I've seen how antiquated Celebrity's system looks when booking a cruise onboard (assuming Royal is the same or similar)....so maybe it's a very manual, tedious process. As my 6 year old likes to say, "I have no patience."

I have tried to figure out this process but I honestly feel like it is just picking out of a hat...like oh there is a reservation numbers let's change it! We still haven't been moved from Indy to Odyssey and we are in a spacious room with 5 people and there are no such rooms on Odyssey...I am know they are going to mess up our reservation and put my 5 year old somewhere else on the ship...it is a nightmare! 

5 hours ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

I have tried to figure out this process but I honestly feel like it is just picking out of a hat...like oh there is a reservation numbers let's change it! We still haven't been moved from Indy to Odyssey and we are in a spacious room with 5 people and there are no such rooms on Odyssey...I am know they are going to mess up our reservation and put my 5 year old somewhere else on the ship...it is a nightmare! 

I know, it's crazy that there are staterooms that hold more than 4, yet you can only have 4 on a reservation......so you end up with a kid with his or her own reservation number. Not to mention all the extra time/effort to get them added since you can't do it online. We've definitely had confusion in the past with family staterooms and having 2 reservation numbers. I hope it all gets sorted out and you end up with accommodations that work!

Still not switched over today, if I check every 2 minutes that will make it go faster, right?

I looked at the RCI app this morning after reading some other threads on this forum and saw that I'd now been switched over to Independence for my 8/29 sailing.  I was a bit shocked to discover that the room I'd originally booked on Liberty was not the one given to me on Independence - they'd thrown me aft and up 3 decks as opposed to when I was booked forward on deck 6 for Liberty.  It's kinda the same for my mom and sister - they're now mid ship vs. forward, but on the same deck.  My sister was calling RCI this morning, so I have to touch base with her to find out what she learned.  It may or may not involve me calling them.

Here's an update.  I'm speaking with my sister right now, as she is now off the phone (was on the phone for 2 1/2 hours - that's including wait time and getting disconnected 3 times!) with RCI and she is saying that cabins were moved over, but not in the same places as they were supposed to be...however, they're in the same category.  The supervisor my sister spoke to said that the original cabins we had were not available.  When we paid off the cruise and spoke to an RCI person within the past couple of weeks, we were told that Independence was going to replace Liberty and that we were going to be put in the same identical cabin that we'd chosen since Liberty is essentially the same as Indy in terms of deck / room number layout.  The supervisor said that they could not change our cabin at this time and that we would have to wait until June 18th to try and change our cabin.  My sister got this issue escalated and is waiting to hear from back from the manager within 48 hours to discuss why we did not get a lateral move over to the same cabins we had on the Liberty.  Stay tuned for updates.