Cruise booked.....a few questions

Laszlo

51 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Also, register your account online with Oceania. Then you can manage your voyage online. You will need your invoice number from your Oceania statement.

Enjoy!

Thanks, I should have all our booking information and paper work from our TA on Monday or Tuesday. Wanted to get it in before prices went up July 1st

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Excursions should be available now (we have seen and booked ours for the Jan 14 cruise before yours).

Thanks, not formally booked yet, should be on Monday

You have plenty of time for flights and lodging, but do pay close attention to your specialty restaurant deadline.  Wave to me on Feb 7.  I get on when you disembark.  Enjoy!

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, LHT28 said:

excursions  when they are available  online

Specialty restaurants it depends on what cabin cat you are in

see

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

The date should be on your invoice

Thanks for the link!

I'm a bit confused. It says:

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom 
All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant 

But also:

All other categories 
Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant 

So on 18 days cruise - is it 1 or 2 at each restaurant?

Also, we don't like one of the restaurants, can we replace it with another one?

3 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Officially booked, now to book a hotel room and take care of our flights. Not sure if we are going to book now or wait

2 hours ago, marieps said:

You have plenty of time for flights and lodging, but do pay close attention to your specialty restaurant deadline.  Wave to me on Feb 7.  I get on when you disembark.  Enjoy!

I personally wouldn't wait. I like locking my flights and hotels in asap. There is a huge demand on hotel rooms right now. People are getting out and traveling. Where I live we're set to have a record year. I'd be willing to bet the same for most other tourists areas. I usually only do hotels that I don't have to prepay, with a few exceptions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Thanks for the link!

I'm a bit confused. It says:

But also:

All other categories 

So on 18 days cruise - is it 1 or 2 at each restaurant?

Also, we don't like one of the restaurants, can we replace it with another one?

Depends upon ship and cabin level.  You cannot replace a restaurant choice prior to boarding, the system will not allow it.  However, you can easily do that once onboard. 

Edited by KS&JW
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

18 days you get 2.  You cannot replace a restaurant choice prior to boarding, the system will not allow it.  However, you can easily do that once onboard. 

That would be on an R ship in a category higher that PH. I think that's right. There are another set of rules for the O ships. 

I went to the link and looked and it appears that AK has cut the bottom part for the O Ships and another part from the R ships. 

Here is the whole thing, which has two separate policies. 

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise: 

Marina and Riviera 
Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

Penthouse Suite 

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

All other categories 

Edited by ORV

1 minute ago, ORV said:

That would be on an R ship in a category higher that PH. I think that's right. There is another set of rules for the O ships. 

We are on Marina. I read the link again and it looks like Marina and Riviera it's only 1.

4 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

We are on Marina. I read the link again and it looks like Marina and Riviera it's only 1.

It still depends on room category and length of cruise. Which category are you in and how long is your cruise? 

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, looks like 1 in each restaurant, but there should be no problem getting more once on board. 

The fact that specialty restaurants are include is awesome.  It would cost roughly $1000 to eat in a specialty each night on Celebrity for a 12 day cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

The fact that specialty restaurants are include is awesome.  It would cost roughly $1000 to eat in a specialty each night on Celebrity for a 12 day cruise. 

Yep, it's the little things that add up. 

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

The great thing about Oceania is - you’ll get a GREAT dining experience every night whether you eat in a specialty restaurant or in the GDR. Celebrity can’t say that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

The great thing about Oceania is - you’ll get a GREAT dining experience every night whether you eat in a specialty restaurant or in the GDR. Celebrity can’t say that!

BTW PhD-iva, you have the best CC screen name EVER!  🥳

• Like 2

I'm trying wrap my head around what to wear to dinner. I've watched a view videos and never saw any men in a jacket or sports coat. In fact the person doing the tour said no jackets or sport coats are needed.  Per Oceania web site it looks like jackets are requested? Some people say no jackets require some say they are. I'm planning on wearing dockers or khaki for pants and either a polo or button dress shirt and dress ish shoes. I'm not planning on taking a jacket, not on a southern caribbean cruise. 

Edited by Laszlo

5 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I'm trying wrap my head around what to wear to dinner. I've watched a view videos and never saw any men in a jacket or sports coat. In fact the person doing the tour said no jackets or sport coats are needed.  Per Oceania web site it looks like jackets are requested? Some people say no jackets require some say they are. I'm planning on wearing dockers or khaki for pants and either a polo or button dress shirt and dress ish shoes. I'm not planning on taking a jacket, not on a southern caribbean cruise. 

You should be just fine

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Jackets are not required, but some men chose to wear them occasionally in the specialty restaurants.  What you describe would be the norm, even for a non-Caribbean cruise.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 3