Thoughts on getting around the vaccination req’t

lele100

1 minute ago, sanger727 said:

If you can't board without "voluntarily" providing vaccine status. It's not voluntary. How is the different than "requiring" you to provide vaccine status? And I'll believe they are sailing without being 95% vaxxed when I see it, that hasn't happened yet. 

I think celebrity believes they have fewer than 5% children, though I see people booking them now to get their kids on. 

Marie B sub is saying cruise ships arent immune from vaccine laws. Must be coming up after the commercial, what she has to say about it. Talking baseball first. Reopening full capacity. I'm just going to watch it play out. All my cruises go from Galveston until 2023. I choose to stay close to home. 

13 baseball stadiums at full capacity. Galveston is a go for cruising. Life is good.

• Like 1

Reading some of these posts is very disheartening. Why are vaccinated individuals treating unvaccinated folks as having some kind of plague or something? If you received the experimental jabs then you are protected. If a vaccinated person does get Covid, then your risk of severe symptoms or death are extremely slim. In all likelihood you may be completely asymptomatic. So why the irrational fear towards the unvaccinated? Common sense would say you got the vaccine to protect you. PLEASE stop living in fear. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

Reading some of these posts is very disheartening. Why are vaccinated individuals treating unvaccinated folks as having some kind of plague or something? If you received the experimental jabs then you are protected. If a vaccinated person does get Covid, then your risk of severe symptoms or death are extremely slim. In all likelihood you may be completely asymptomatic. So why the irrational fear towards the unvaccinated? Common sense would say you got the vaccine to protect you. PLEASE stop living in fear. Just my 2 cents.

To say it again...

The fear is not for ourselves. The fear is non vaxxers getting on the ship, testing positive, spreading to others and setting the cruise industry back to square one. These companies are hanging by a thread right now and one more set back may be the end for some.

It's called looking at the bigger picture.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We are scheduled for Horizon on July 4 from Miami.  Noticed that health forms will not be available until June 28.  Interesting

When I made reservation asked about fully vaccinated cruise, was assured, YES…make sure and bring vaccine card with passport for check in!   Hope this cruise goes!  Diamond on RCI….no cruise with them now!  Unsafe!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Floriduh said:

To say it again...

The fear is not for ourselves. The fear is non vaxxers getting on the ship, testing positive, spreading to others and setting the cruise industry back to square one. These companies are hanging by a thread right now and one more set back may be the end for some.

It's called looking at the bigger picture.

A lot of assumptions here.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

It will be very interesting to see what happens. In the end, Federal laws will prevail over state laws. The CDC could play hardball with FL. FL could let the ship sail from FL without vaccine requirements. The CDC can block the ship returning to the US without vaccine verification. Imagine the CDC not allowing the cruise to return to a FL port because vaccine requirements were not provided. I believe they have the authority to execute this and it would be interesting to see what happens if they do. 14-day quarantine from returning until DeSantis changes the law.

Florida has no authority to allow a ship in violation of federal law to sail. On top of that, Florida’s new law does not empower the state to restrict the cruise line, just to fine them after the fact if they require vaccine proof. The CDC will not allow any ship not meeting its requirements to sail. There is absolutely no way on earth that ANY cruise line is going to disregard a CDC no sail order. They would be kissing their entire US business goodbye. This will resolve itself and cruise ships will sail with their vaccine mandates in place. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Why would we even consider Cruising without Masks or Proof of Vaccination? We are continuing to put innocent lives at high risk. If you don't believe in the vaccines, believe that Covid is real and believe that Covid is starting to infect more young children then you have no right to believe that you should Cruise. 

We should be fed up with our Citizens getting sicker because a few "Out of Control" State Governors are power hungry! I am as eager to Cruise as the next Carnival Cruise Nut; however, I am not willing to risk my or my family's life onboarding with a bunch of "False" document holding passengers.     

Then those innocent lives need to stay home.  There is no requirement that one is vaccinated against any other the common and deadly diseases like whooping cough, measles, mumps. meningitis. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Unvaxed is not a protected class. A small minority does not get to dictate to the vast majority.

And the US is still under %50 fully vaccinated so there you go. According to you the minority (vaxxed) doesn't get to dictate to the majority (unvaxxed). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, d12j28 said:

And the US is still under %50 fully vaccinated so there you go. According to you the minority (vaxxed) doesn't get to dictate to the majority (unvaxxed). 

Over 50% of adults are vaccinated and kids under 12 aren't eligible - yet. and not old enough to vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, eaflorida said:

Why are vaccinated individuals treating unvaccinated folks as having some kind of plague or something? 

Because, quite literally, the anti-vaxers are far, far, far more likely to be having some kind of plague. 🙄

And that will potentially affect vaccinated individuals vacations! Now go get your shots so you can get your shots 💉 for 🥃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

There is no requirement that one is vaccinated against any other the common and deadly diseases like whooping cough, measles, mumps. meningitis. 

Have we been in a worldwide pandemic for whooping cough, measles, mumps, or meningitis for the last year and a half?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Over 50% of adults are vaccinated and kids under 12 aren't eligible - yet. and not old enough to vote.

You can try and spin it however you want. The fact is only %43.4 of the total population has been fully vaccinated. Didn't realize you needed to be of voting age to count.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bgrmini said:

Have we been in a worldwide pandemic for whooping cough, measles, mumps, or meningitis for the last year and a half?

More children died of those diseases than COVID so we should have been.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

You can try and spin it however you want. The fact is only %43.4 of the total population has been fully vaccinated. Didn't realize you needed to be of voting age to count.

Under 12 can't book cruises. The fact is, Carnival is going to sail vaccinated cruises.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

More children died of those diseases than COVID so we should have been.  

Please explain that reasoning. You are comparing well understood, well controlled diseases that have been around for centuries. They are not, nor have they ever been a worldwide pandemic within our lifetimes. You are comparing apples to moon rocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, d12j28 said:

You're leaving out all those exposed to the virus, were asymptomatic and recovered without incident. I suspect that number is larger than anyone wants to admit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are good treatments for covid and vaccines.  Covid is just another contagious disease that we will learn to live with.  Life actually goes on and it's important for people to be able to live again for their emotional and physical health.  Focusing only on one disease to the detriment of everything else caused a lot of issues.  At some point, people can decide their own risk levels.  Life will never be without risks.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

You're leaving out all those exposed to the virus, were asymptomatic and recovered without incident. I suspect that number is larger than anyone wants to admit.

Exactly.  People who had previous infections have immunities that may turn out to be even better than the vaccinations.  Natural immunity seems to be completely ignored by those who push the emergency use vaccines.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 minutes ago, Keys2Heaven said:

The person I quoted was referring to unvaxxed vs vaxed, but I do agree that there are a lot more who have some immunity from already having Covid.

• Like 1

Just now, stellarose said:

if the RCCL AOTS from Nassau goes well - then we know that vaccinated is the way to go.  

So far, so good. I think, at least in the short term, vaccinated is the only way to go. Prove that the protocols work and let the industry regain some confidence amongst all the doom and gloom prophets.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Under 12 can't book cruises. The fact is, Carnival is going to sail vaccinated cruises.

The under 12 group can't book but they have been on many cruises with family. I wasn't arguing the fact that Carnival is starting with vaccinated cruises. 

• Like 1