Anyone Getting Cancelled by RCI Due to Capacity Restrictions?

38 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Just wondering if anyone has received a cancellation notice from Royal due to a limited capacity restriction on their cruise.

I think it is a little early unless your cruise is next week. I don’t think they can determine those numbers until pre-registration is complete and last-minute cancellations are accounted for.

Edited by Babr
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Babr said:

I think it is a little early unless your cruise is next week. I don’t think they can determine those numbers until pre-registration is complete and last-minute cancellations are accounted for.

Specially with CWC going on which anyone can cancel for any reason within 2 days of sailing; it's gonna be hard to gauge unless the ship is at capacity from the get-go so all the L&S getting assigned rooms someone is going to get bumped. That said, I also agree with in terms of when the sailing is. For all we know cruises might be sailing at full cap by end of summer.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Sailings out of Nassau require proof of vaccination and they're currently limiting the capacity to about 1050 passengers. 

I believe shes talking sailings out of florida and a ship like adventurer vs oasis class is much different. Oasis class at full capacity doesnt seem very full 90% of the time except right after a show or similar.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I believe shes talking sailings out of florida and a ship like adventurer vs oasis class is much different. Oasis class at full capacity doesnt seem very full 90% of the time except right after a show or similar.

unrelated to the topic: but yeah one of the biggest design feats that it goes almost entirely unnoticed by must people about the Oasis class ships is the ability to be packed to the brim and you wouldn't notice unless you go to the windjammer at peak hours during a sea day.

Edited by coldflame
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

RCI opened up 100 cabins on our 8-22-2021 Allure cruise and if they fill them, they are still under 50% capacity.  

Just checked to see if the August 15, 2021 cruise was showing available and neither that one or the August 22, 2021 cruise are showing up on the RC website.  The only cruise for Allure in August is the one on the 29th. 

Hopefully, it's because of the reduced capacity requirement and not a preamble to cancellations. 

19 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Another thing that I forgot to mention in my original post. If Royal cancels you a week before the cruise, what the heck is Royal going to do about airfare reservation costs that people have made?

That is a good point. If you book air on your own and have to cancel, the airline is likely to give you a voucher. Royal may consider you have already been compensated. The problem, of course, is that you may not be able to use those vouchers within the allotted time limit. 

It is a tough spot to be in for both parties.

22 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Can you share the source of the Social Media site post?

I've shared this source before and gotten in trouble before with the moderators.  But it is a large one with many RCI pages including a couple that are Allure specific.  

If I see anymore information I will share it as best I can without getting into trouble.  

On 6/14/2021 at 9:24 PM, Babr said:

That is a good point. If you book air on your own and have to cancel, the airline is likely to give you a voucher. Royal may consider you have already been compensated. The problem, of course, is that you may not be able to use those vouchers within the allotted time limit. 

It is a tough spot to be in for both parties.

in the past when sailing have been canceled, pre-covid the offered to pay the change fee only, but you had to submit the paperwork for that

42 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

in the past when sailing have been canceled, pre-covid the offered to pay the change fee only, but you had to submit the paperwork for that

Yes. Thank you for reminding me that the rules are different when the cruise line, not the passenger, cancels a sailing. 

It is understandable that RCI may be cruising with only die-hard cruise fans ( living close to the port).

When these cruisers are cruised out .... where will the next wave of cruiser come from.

With the latest cancellation of the Odyssey of the Sea sailings it has to make one pause: A few members of the crew come down with COVID and sailing are cancelled. Does not give one any sense of security that their cruise will go. And who wants to be on the hook for airfare or vacation time that would be wasted when a cruise is cancelled.

There is a lot of work to be done ...... and initially RCL should have both vaccinated and open cruises to all .... otherwise there are many that will move to vaccinated only cruises in the short-term.