Health And Safety section of online checkin

I also confirmed that you will need to bring an original proof of vaccination from us Stateside or something from our health provider. Additionally at around day 20, they will send out a video via email that will disclose all of the protocols and whay to expect during embarking and security 

7 minutes ago, red_summer said:

Just wondering what kind of photo should we upload? Is it passport type?

Luckily, NCL included instructions right there on the website.

Photo Requirements

• Photo must be in color and represent your current appearance
  • Do not wear sunglasses or eyeglasses with tinting (eyes must clearly be seen)
  • Do not wear head coverings (allowed for religious purposes only and must not cover face)
  • Photo should not be taken in direct glare of sunlight or in the dark (face must clearly be seen)
  • No one other than yourself should be in photo (same for children and babies)
  • Uploaded photo dimensions: larger than 500 x 500 at 300dpi

Please note that if your photo does not meet the above requirements, it will be retaken at the pier.

8 hours ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Just checked with NCL tech support who said that you can verify your email, input your photo  ahead of time, but have to wait until 21 days before your cruise to verify telphone number.   You won't be able to print out your docs until that is done.

NCL tech support is lacking.  I just downloaded our edocs.  They need to do a better job informing people of the change. If not for CC I would have never known. 

I wonder just how long that system will continue.   Not as long as May/June 2022 I hope or else we will be in real trouble.

We live in New Zealand and will be cruising from Stockholm on the 20th June 2022.   The problem is that we have to leave New Zealand on 20th May as we are doing a river cruise till the 16th June.

3 hours ago, mianmike said:

NCL tech support is lacking.  I just downloaded our edocs.  They need to do a better job informing people of the change. If not for CC I would have never known. 

When is your cruise? 

15 hours ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Just checked with NCL tech support who said that you can verify your email, input your photo  ahead of time, but have to wait until 21 days before your cruise to verify telphone number.   You won't be able to print out your docs until that is done.

I'm able to download and print our eDocs at 38 days out. I first downloaded them on 25 April, 3 months out. There is nothing new in the eDocs about covid vaccination or policies. I won't print them until the week before sailing. My check in still shows 100% even with my wife not completing the new section yet.

6 hours ago, mianmike said:

Our cruise is just over 5 weeks away. If it sails, I think it is NCL's first one since all this started. I imagine reminders will be sent out with the new requirements to sail. This might be wishful thinking considering NCL's past communicating with passengers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mianmike said:

Aug 7

OK, I wouldn’t worry too much that NCL hadn’t updated you about the additional information yet. You still have a month and a half to go. Plenty of time to upload that. Hope you have a great cruise with them! 

I don't cruise until mid 2022 but the new section of check-in is with my online reservation.  I was a little surprised that the picture mentioned was not of the vaccination proof, but of yourself and other cruisers on the reservation.  I guess this will minimize the amount of picture taking at embarkation time.  I tried to upload a picture of my passport photo and that didn't work.  Next, I found plenty of pics of DH and that uploaded nicely (will it meet their ID criteria?????  Unknown).  I'm the family picture taker, so trying to find a photo of me was impossible.....so I took a "selfie".....it definitely looks like a mugshot, but it uploaded so I am happy....I'm hoping that only ship security will see these pics.....

On 6/16/2021 at 7:28 AM, jezabel80 said:

Curious to what would happen if someone does not have an email address, or a smart phone.  I'm sure there are adult children that book for their elderly parents,  using their email,  but what happens  if the elderly parents are cruising by themselves, and arrive at the port to check in for the cruise,  but do not have a smartphone?  Hmmm

Has anyone found out any info with regard to jezabel80's question? I'd sure like to know if we must have a cell phone in order to sail, and if it has to be a Smart phone or if a flip phone will do.

I'm sorry, but if there is something that you really need/want to know, would it not be easier to just call and ask instead of waiting around an Internet forum waiting for someone else to do it for you?

I mean, if there is an important piece of information, just find out what it is and then YOU can be the source that informs everyone else, no?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

I'm sorry, but if there is something that you really need/want to know, would it not be easier to just call and ask instead of waiting around an Internet forum waiting for someone else to do it for you?

I mean, if there is an important piece of information, just find out what it is and then YOU can be the source that informs everyone else, no?

I tend to agree. This forum is excellent in terms of getting cruisers' experience and commenting on what's good/not good about various ships and stuff. But when it comes to official cruise line policy, it's always better to contact the cruise line directly. Oftentimes you might get a quicker response from someone on here, but not necessarily an accurate one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Yes, it can be easier,  but often people get different responses from NCL.   It would be beneficial to hear if people have received responses from NCL,  and see if they differ.  This is a forum to  discuss, and hopefully share experiences.   No harm asking here.

• Like 2

I was struggling trying to download the photos earlier and the talk to an person popped up, they didn’t have a clue what the safety and security photos were for….

I’ve got until September?

3 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

Yes, it can be easier,  but often people get different responses from NCL.   It would be beneficial to hear if people have received responses from NCL,  and see if they differ.  This is a forum to  discuss, and hopefully share experiences.   No harm asking here.

Agree to disagree then.

Look at almost any question asked here. There is almost never a consensus on one answer. The responses always seem to differ. 

No harm in asking here, but you should at least ask NCL first. Then come here, share the answer you already have, and then ask for different opinions and experiences. Strangers should not be your first stop. 

That said, why do you think "often people get different responses from NCL"? How exactly does that even happen? If they only talk to one person, you're suggesting that one person is giving different answers to the same question. If they are talking to different people at NCL, one has to wonder why? If one person gives you an answer, why are you calling other people at NCL just to ask the same question? Seems like strange behavior.

Edited by Capitan Obvious
  • Like 1

I have talked directly with NCL several times in last month over our Oct 2021 sailing, trying to find out how and what documents we will have to submit prior to sailing- only answer, you will be notified 30 days prior.  Yikes after reading this post not sure if we will be able to figure this uploading picture thing out, the only mention I saw was providing proof of vaccination, am a loyal NCL cruiser, all this technology may have us up a creek without a paddle!  urggh, yes do realize other Lines may be requiring same, BUT we cannot be the only cruisers that are not tech savy, they have our Haven deposit, hopefully there is a way to accommodate us??!!

On 6/15/2021 at 11:16 PM, jcu1210 said:

Just noticed they added the health and safety section for our Aug 07 cruise. It reads as follows; 

For the health and safety of our guests and crew, we require all booked guests to complete the information below. Completing all of this information accurately and in a timely manner will minimize the amount of waiting time and congestion at the pier. Your information will be kept secure and only be used as described herein and as further detailed in our Privacy Policy.

*Required
Vaccination Attestation*
  •  
    I acknowledge that I will be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to departure, with a vaccine that has been authorized for use by the World Health Organization, U.S. Food and Drug Administration or the European Medicines Agency. I further acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of such vaccination upon check-in at the pier.

I guess this means we're getting closer to being reality? 

Where does your August 7th cruise leave from? Is it leaving from Florida?

10 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Agree to disagree then.

Look at almost any question asked here. There is almost never a consensus on one answer. The responses always seem to differ. 

No harm in asking here, but you should at least ask NCL first. Then come here, share the answer you already have, and then ask for different opinions and experiences. Strangers should not be your first stop. 

That said, why do you think "often people get different responses from NCL"? How exactly does that even happen? If they only talk to one person, you're suggesting that one person is giving different answers to the same question. If they are talking to different people at NCL, one has to wonder why? If one person gives you an answer, why are you calling other people at NCL just to ask the same question? Seems like strange behavior.

So according to you, no one should ever ask questions on this forum,  just make statements.   Guess I should have said, "often DIFFERENT  people get different responses from NCL."  Geez, nitpick much?!!  It's helpful to hear other people's  experiences.  No one ever said don't verify. 

• Like 1