MSC Meraviglia Nov. 6/21 Itinerary change

ken_ll

Received the following two hours ago from MSC Canada, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman dropped, Costa Maya and second OC added.

An interesting observation on the Oct. 30 and Nov. 13 sailing of the Meraviglia is that virtually everything in the Yacht Club is available for booking.  Perhaps there is a glitch in the MSC system.

Dear ken_ll

First, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Meraviglia for your cruise to the Caribbean. With this regard, please be informed that, due to operational reasons, the itinerary scheduled for the above-mentioned cruise has been amended; please find the new itinerary in the table below:

Day

Port

Arr.

Dep.

1st

Miami/Florida,  United States

19:00

2nd

Ocean Cay, MSC Marine Res,Baha

09:00

23:00

3rd

At sea

4th

Costa Maya, Mexico

11:00

20:00

5th

Cozumel, Mexico

08:00

18:00

6th

At sea

7th

8th

07:00

Upon acceptance of this proposal, you will be granted a non-refundable onboard credit equal to CAD 200,00$ or 100,00$ per solo cabin which cannot be combined with any previous compensation such as 25% credit. Please note that the excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website.

Alternatively, MSC Cruises will be pleased to offer you the possibility to change your departure date without any change fee. In this case the new pricing will be applied, andany payment already made for the previous cruise will be transferred to the new cruise. On the other hand, you will be granted a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount paid for your cruise package.

We kindly ask you to provide your feedback to us via Reservations@msccruises.ca or 1.833.253.9978, or to your agent by July 31st, 2021. Should we not hear from you within the above-mentioned deadline, we will assume your acceptance of the itinerary change.

Please note that the Future Cruise Credit   does not have any cash value, it can be applied to any cruise fare published on our communication channels and can be redeemed until 30/04/2022 on all departures/canvas open for the sale.

If you have booked through a Canadian tour operator, please contact them directly as their terms and conditions may vary.

In addition to the Future Cruise Credit, you will receive full refund of any pre-paid package purchased with credit card on MYMSC AREA. The refund will be processed as soon as possible. However, it may suffer some delays due to the extraordinary circumstances resulting from COVID-19 and the specific credit card circuit. For any own expenses incurred, you should contact your travel agent or directly the provider of the service.

We are sorry if you have already received a FCC voucher for a previous cancellation, however we would like to underline that this new FCC voucher will have a longer redemption validity as stated above, granting you a longer period to choose your next cruise with MSC Cruises.

It is of paramount importance that your decision to re-book your cruise or to accept the Future Cruise Credit Voucher is communicated within the above-mentioned deadline. This way we can assure to follow up on your request accordingly and close this issue as scheduled.

We trust in your understanding of the great efforts we’re making to face the delicate moment tourism is going through and take this occasion to wish, once again, to welcome you back onboard one of our ships.

Best regards,

Ian Patterson

Country Manager, Canada

MSC Cruises.

Just received email from MSC notification of itinerary changes. My letter does NOT offer OBC to stay. Does say you can change without fees to another sailing at prevailing fares.

OBC offer only to Canadians?

On 6/17/2021 at 6:09 PM, wallyj said:

Just received email from MSC notification of itinerary changes. My letter does NOT offer OBC to stay. Does say you can change without fees to another sailing at prevailing fares.

OBC offer only to Canadians?

Ours does not off OBC either. Doesn’t seem right!
Canadians get credit but US doesn’t??!!
How about an upgrade???

Received same email regarding Nov 13 Meraviglia cruise. 
Not impressed with the 2 ports . But, it now has stop at OC, which was missing before.

No offer of any OBC to accept changes.  
. So, we can accept it, ( with no additional perk from MSC)  , cancel it ( with refund of deposit) or change to a cruise with much higher rate.

As of now, will hang in there…..

waiting to see how things shake out this summer. Our final payment not 

until August 10.

Had to call in and get our YC cabin back on this cruise. It was important because we have B2B and had same cabin  for both weeks.

Edited by phissy

On 6/16/2021 at 7:30 PM, wallyj said:

Thanks for posting, I am booked on Oct 23 sailing with the same itinerary changes. I booked via a US travel agent. Wonder if I will be offered the same OBC to stay on sailing?

We too are on Oct 23 sailing in Yacht Club and received the following..................

June 17, 2021

Dear STEVEN,
We are thrilled to be returning to cruising from the U.S. this summer with cruises on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina, which are officially open for sale starting today. As we prepare to bring safe and enjoyable cruising back to the U.S., we have updated the itineraries of the following cruises:
Cruise Ship Departure Dates New Itinerary
MSC Meraviglia September 18, 2021
October 2, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 30, 2021
November 13, 2021
Miami, FL
Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, Bahamas
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
September 15, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 23, 2021
November 6, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
MSC Divina November 14, 2021 Port Canaveral, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Port Canaveral, FL
As one of our guests booked on one of the above sailings, your cruise itinerary has been impacted by this change.
If you would like to remain booked on your original cruise with its new itinerary, no action is required on your end, and you will remain booked on this sailing. If you would prefer to move your booking to a new cruise you may do so without penalty by calling our Cruise Consultants at 866-420-3584, if you booked direct with MSC Cruises or your Travel Advisor, before final payment is due on your cruise. You may move your booking to any future cruise of your choice – including any ship and any itinerary in MSC Cruises’ fleet that is open for sale – as long as it’s booked before final payment is due, and any change in cruise price will be applied to the guest.
We hope you choose to sail with MSC Cruises in the near future, either on your original itinerary, or if you decide to move to a new cruise. We look forward to welcoming you on board as we resume cruising from U.S. ports on board our beautiful ships. However, If you would prefer to request a refund on the amount paid to MSC Cruises for your cruise, whether paid in full or outside of final payment, you may contact us at 866-420-3584 before final payment is due on your cruise. At that time, we will cancel your original cruise and process your refund.
We appreciate your understanding given the extraordinary circumstances associated with cruising’s restart from the U.S., and we look forward to welcoming you aboard a future sailing with MSC Cruises.
Best,
MSC Cruises USA
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We too are on Oct 23 sailing in Yacht Club and received the following..................

June 17, 2021

Dear STEVEN,
We are thrilled to be returning to cruising from the U.S. this summer with cruises on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Divina, which are officially open for sale starting today. As we prepare to bring safe and enjoyable cruising back to the U.S., we have updated the itineraries of the following cruises:
October 2, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 30, 2021
November 13, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
September 15, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 23, 2021
November 6, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Port Canaveral, FL
As one of our guests booked on one of the above sailings, your cruise itinerary has been impacted by this change.
If you would like to remain booked on your original cruise with its new itinerary, no action is required on your end, and you will remain booked on this sailing. If you would prefer to move your booking to a new cruise you may do so without penalty by calling our Cruise Consultants at 866-420-3584, if you booked direct with MSC Cruises or your Travel Advisor, before final payment is due on your cruise. You may move your booking to any future cruise of your choice – including any ship and any itinerary in MSC Cruises’ fleet that is open for sale – as long as it’s booked before final payment is due, and any change in cruise price will be applied to the guest.
We hope you choose to sail with MSC Cruises in the near future, either on your original itinerary, or if you decide to move to a new cruise. We look forward to welcoming you on board as we resume cruising from U.S. ports on board our beautiful ships. However, If you would prefer to request a refund on the amount paid to MSC Cruises for your cruise, whether paid in full or outside of final payment, you may contact us at 866-420-3584 before final payment is due on your cruise. At that time, we will cancel your original cruise and process your refund.
We appreciate your understanding given the extraordinary circumstances associated with cruising’s restart from the U.S., and we look forward to welcoming you aboard a future sailing with MSC Cruises.
Best,
MSC Cruises USA

I think they have a mistake on the September 15 sailing.  Think they meant September 13 as the length would not match the September 18 departure.

18 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

June 17, 2021

Dear STEVEN,
October 2, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 30, 2021
November 13, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
September 15, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 23, 2021
November 6, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Port Canaveral, FL
Best,
MSC Cruises USA

I got the same email for the Oct 9th cruise, I'm still hoping for OBC lol.  They also made a mistake with the itineraries for September 15, 2021, October 9, October 23, November 6 it should be Costa Maya and Cozumel not the ones listed. 

The email I got said nothing about onboard credit for the November 6 sailing.
I did notice that they itinerary they had on the email is completely different from what it shows when I log into the booking and what they are selling.

We dont care where it goes we just want to cruise again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robc1972 said:

The email I got said nothing about onboard credit for the November 6 sailing.
I did notice that they itinerary they had on the email is completely different from what it shows when I log into the booking and what they are selling.

We dont care where it goes we just want to cruise again.

We too are on November 6th and don’t care here we go.

We only plan to get off at Ocean Cay. 😁😁😁😁

20 minutes ago, JUSRN said:

We too are on November 6th and don’t care here we go.

We only plan to get off at Ocean Cay. 😁😁😁😁

Only Ocean Cay for me too. The last cruise I went on when I got off the ship I was immediately asked if I wanted marijuana or if I wanted to see a prostitute. I hate being solicited on the islands.

30 minutes ago, kilkoyne said:

Only Ocean Cay for me too. The last cruise I went on when I got off the ship I was immediately asked if I wanted marijuana or if I wanted to see a prostitute. I hate being solicited on the islands.

Where did that happen? Asking for a friend.... 😂😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, phissy said:

Received same email regarding Nov 13 Meraviglia cruise. 
Not impressed with the 2 ports . But, it now has stop at OC, which was missing before.

No offer of any OBC to accept changes.  
. So, we can accept it, ( with no additional perk from MSC)  , cancel it ( with refund of deposit) or change to a cruise with much higher rate.

As of now, will hang in there…..

waiting to see how things shake out this summer. Our final payment not 

until August 10.

Had to call in and get our YC cabin back on this cruise. It was important because we have B2B and had same cabin  for both weeks.

Received another email from MSC.

States email last week ,l with itinerary changes was not correct...

New email does show correct ports in order.

Just hanging on..... waiting for more changes🙄

Edited by phissy

17 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Deleted.

Edited by dexddd

10 hours ago, phissy said:

Received another email from MSC.

States email last week ,l with itinerary changes was not correct...

New email does show correct ports in order.

Just hanging on..... waiting for more changes🙄

What ports they showing?

This is the email I got yesterday...it seems to match the OP's original ports...this has changed again?

October 2, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 30, 2021
Miami, FL
Nassau, Bahamas
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Miami, FL
November 13, 2021 Miami, FL
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Nassau, Bahamas
Miami, FL
September 25, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 23, 2021
November 6, 2021
Miami, FL
Costa Maya, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Miami, FL
Edited by alyssamma

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

What ports they showing?

See above posting…we are on  Nov 13 sailing.

It seems that one week has unique itinerary. (Order of ports only)

Steve’s post (#7) above is what our first email reflected.

• 1 month later...

I’m the OP on this. I did get the $200 Cdn. OBC but still can’t figure out why it was offered in the first place, there was no “apparent reason” to do so.  In the back of my mind something tells me Canadians may not be be sailing on MSC come Nov.  Right now, it looks like we can’t sail on MSC from the US until sometime mid/Sept.  I did not want to get into a final payment situation that might result in a FCC.  The agent did offer to move my deposit to a later, but albeit higher priced fare.

Wearing a mask on a cruise is not my cup of tea.  There is the issue of COVID testing for us in and out of the US and ongoing flight issues.  I’ll just wait until the drama and unpredictability of masking/boarding/disembarking a cruise subsides.  Anyways, there is another YC cabin available on this cruise for someone.

I don't know why they have the Cayman islands on any itinerary before January 27 as that is the earliest they're allowing cruise ships there according to this.  https://www.grandcaymanvillas.net/blog/coronavirus-update/  here's the part I'm referring ro from that:"

Full Reopen – Effective TBD

• ∗  The government will reassess the COVID-19 pandemic by January 27, 2022, to determine feasibility of further relaxation of travel and entry restrictions.
  • ∗  If the green-light is given, quarantine restrictions may be eliminated for all arrivals, regardless of vaccination status.
  • ∗  A reintroduction of limited cruise ship tourism may also be possible"
Edited by shoprat48092
Added a quote from the link

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, ken_ll said:

Received the following two hours ago from MSC Canada, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman dropped, Costa Maya and second OC added.

An interesting observation on the Oct. 30 and Nov. 13 sailing of the Meraviglia is that virtually everything in the Yacht Club is available for booking.  Perhaps there is a glitch in the MSC system.

Dear ken_ll

First, we would like to thank you for choosing MSC Cruises and the beautiful MSC Meraviglia for your cruise to the Caribbean. With this regard, please be informed that, due to operational reasons, the itinerary scheduled for the above-mentioned cruise has been amended; please find the new itinerary in the table below:

Day

Port

Arr.

Dep.

1st

19:00

2nd

23:00

3rd

At sea

4th

Costa Maya, Mexico

11:00

20:00

5th

Cozumel, Mexico

08:00

6th

At sea

7th

8th

07:00

Upon acceptance of this proposal, you will be granted a non-refundable onboard credit equal to CAD 200,00$ or 100,00$ per solo cabin which cannot be combined with any previous compensation such as 25% credit. Please note that the excursion programme has of course been updated to reflect the changes to this itinerary and all details can be found on the MSC Cruises website.

Alternatively, MSC Cruises will be pleased to offer you the possibility to change your departure date without any change fee. In this case the new pricing will be applied, andany payment already made for the previous cruise will be transferred to the new cruise. On the other hand, you will be granted a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount paid for your cruise package.

We kindly ask you to provide your feedback to us via Reservations@msccruises.ca or 1.833.253.9978, or to your agent by July 31st, 2021. Should we not hear from you within the above-mentioned deadline, we will assume your acceptance of the itinerary change.

Please note that the Future Cruise Credit   does not have any cash value, it can be applied to any cruise fare published on our communication channels and can be redeemed until 30/04/2022 on all departures/canvas open for the sale.

If you have booked through a Canadian tour operator, please contact them directly as their terms and conditions may vary.

In addition to the Future Cruise Credit, you will receive full refund of any pre-paid package purchased with credit card on MYMSC AREA. The refund will be processed as soon as possible. However, it may suffer some delays due to the extraordinary circumstances resulting from COVID-19 and the specific credit card circuit. For any own expenses incurred, you should contact your travel agent or directly the provider of the service.

We are sorry if you have already received a FCC voucher for a previous cancellation, however we would like to underline that this new FCC voucher will have a longer redemption validity as stated above, granting you a longer period to choose your next cruise with MSC Cruises.

It is of paramount importance that your decision to re-book your cruise or to accept the Future Cruise Credit Voucher is communicated within the above-mentioned deadline. This way we can assure to follow up on your request accordingly and close this issue as scheduled.

We trust in your understanding of the great efforts we’re making to face the delicate moment tourism is going through and take this occasion to wish, once again, to welcome you back onboard one of our ships.

Best regards,

Ian Patterson

Country Manager, Canada

MSC Cruises.

I know this is a longshot but hoping you may be able to provide the email address of Ian Patterson, as it appears that you received an email directly from him. We have an issue with the 48 hour rebooking promo we booked under and the customer care and reservations emails  have gone unanswered for over a month.  Thanks in advance.

stoddaj1. I went back and looked at the email, as much as it was signed by Ian Patterson, the message was sent from "Canada Reservations" <Reservations@msccruises.ca>.  
It seems one can’t do PM’s on CC, if you send me an email to ken_ll@yahoo.com, I have a suggestion for you that might work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 10:55 PM, ken_ll said:

stoddaj1. I went back and looked at the email, as much as it was signed by Ian Patterson, the message was sent from "Canada Reservations" <Reservations@msccruises.ca>.  
It seems one can’t do PM’s on CC, if you send me an email to ken_ll@yahoo.com, I have a suggestion for you that might work.

Finally got it resolved.  Thank you!