Adjustments to VIFP levels

kdr69

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's how all the other cruiselines are doing it. Generally you watch a video on your phone or cabin TV at your leisure and then proceed to your assigned Muster station to see it's actual location and be signed off by an employee that witnessed your Muster station arrival. This is all done at your leisure but BEFORE sailaway. 

This would be AMAZING with my small kiddos (we're booked for Feb so hopefully the unvaxxed kid questions get ironed out before then).

15 minutes ago, chrislo said:

I just received an email saying that my August FTTF was cancelled.

My failed attempts to procure FTTF for a Sept cruise last night (showed being available and I could add it to my cart but not successfully pay) and this morning (showing available but not adding to my cart) were signs, in retrospect.  

It no longer shows as available, unsurprisingly.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Late august on MG. But I feel like these may be the same then as well. 

That may be but John identified that changes will be fluid going forward.

21 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

So I have to go down to Pixels I take it to get my pin? 

I wonder how many people will forget to go get them or upon finding out what the logo gift is just doesn't go pick them up. Or how many will forget to order their chocolate delight. And do you need to tip for that delivery? In the past it was just in your room on whatever night they deliver it. I understand some changes and these changes are not bad at face value. I am good with this, even going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crooooze said:

I don’t get it… 

Why do they not want to drop off water, logo gifts, etc to the stateroom? What’s the benefit to anyone with this change?

Fewer crew on-board?

Less touching of objects in the room same as all the hotels taking the notepads and pens and other items out of the rooms during COVID

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, crooooze said:

I don’t get it… 

Why do they not want to drop off water, logo gifts, etc to the stateroom? What’s the benefit to anyone with this change?

Fewer crew on-board?

Saves them money.

To get your chocolate treat you have to call up and order it from room service. ..who isnt going to tip? I would. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Saves them money.

To get your chocolate treat you have to call up and order it from room service. ..who isnt going to tip? I would. 

Yes, it probably will be a money saver.  There will probably be a lot like me who won't even bother getting them.  I don't like strawberries and my wife hasn't been impressed with them the last several cruises.  She may have eaten one or two just because they were delivered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Saves them money

Has more to do with disinfecting protocols for the rooms right now vs money saved as less objects mean less touching before it gets into the rooms just like all the Hotels did by removing items out of the rooms.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Saves them money.

yeah, I should have stayed away from the tipping subject but you know they would want one. But it's the principle. You never had a chance to tip for VIFP amenities, they just happened or were already in your room. Much of it done by your steward, which is already being tipped.

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Has more to do with disinfecting protocols for the rooms right now vs money saved as less objects mean less touching before it gets into the rooms just like all the Hotels did by removing items out of the rooms.

Still saves them money and less waste. They always deliver when I'm gone late afternoon and I come by to change for dinner and if I eat them cant eat dinner. I waste them a lot and not because i dont like them. Doesnt change my answer. ..i think a lot of this stuff for covid will stay with us. Touching doesnt hardly spread covid. Fact. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, it probably will be a money saver.  There will probably be a lot like me who won't even bother getting them.  I don't like strawberries and my wife hasn't been impressed with them the last several cruises.  She may have eaten one or two just because they were delivered.

yes, I am the same way. The strawberries in the past few times have been out of season or just not very good and the chocolate is not very good. So we didn't eat them and they were thrown out. The pins, we don't really do anything but throw them in a drawer to be forgotten, if they make it home, and the logo gifts, well, I will just be happy to get on a ship again with free laundry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So are these changes only for July cruises or until further notice?  And do I understand correctly that we can drop off our luggage at our cabin immediately after check in as long as we don't stay in our cabin while the stewards finish getting everything ready?  That would be a big help, even if we can't stay in the cabin.  One of our favorite aspects of being Platinum was not toting our luggage around the Lido deck on embarkation day!  Not crazy about having to go to Pixels to request things, but I understand the reasoning behind it.  I always enjoyed returning from dinner one night and finding the logo gifts.  Just one more thing I have to remember to do - but I will do so with a grateful heart!  ❤️🙏  Whatever it takes to get us sailing again.....

THANK YOU to the OP for this information - we are not on FB.....and don't plan to be.  😬 Very helpful!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Touching doesnt hardly spread covid. Fact. 

As with hotels its about time for cleaning and setting up the room not spreading of COVID.  However im sure cost savings are being taken into account as well yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So are these changes only for July cruises or until further notice?  And do I understand correctly that we can drop off our luggage at our cabin immediately after check in as long as we don't stay in our cabin while the stewards finish getting everything ready?  That would be a big help, even if we can't stay in the cabin.  One of our favorite aspects of being Platinum was not toting our luggage around the Lido deck on embarkation day!  Not crazy about having to go to Pixels to request things, but I understand the reasoning behind it.  I always enjoyed returning from dinner one night and finding the logo gifts.  Just one more thing I have to remember to do - but I will do so with a grateful heart!  ❤️🙏  Whatever it takes to get us sailing again.....

THANK YOU to the OP for this information - we are not on FB.....and don't plan to be.  😬 Very helpful!

your very welcome

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

your very welcome

Oh - and I'm printing out the info you shared for my upcoming CCL cruise file.  Fingers crossed that I actually get to USE it!  🤞  Let's ALL cross our fingers....and toes!!! 😝

OP, thanks.  No deal breakers here for me.  Glad for the opportunity to check in a couple of days early, and that we still get free laundry.  Now if our cruise just goes on July 10, I will be a happy sailor! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So are these changes only for July cruises or until further notice? 

it looks like permanent changes IMO. "Today our Platinum and Diamond guests will start to hear about some modifications to the way they claim some of their VIFP benefits. "

1 minute ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

it looks like permanent changes IMO. "Today our Platinum and Diamond guests will start to hear about some modifications to the way they claim some of their VIFP benefits. "

I bet you are correct.  

For Plat/Dia, maybe. I don't see them getting rid of FTTF because it is free money at the end of the day. There is no real expense for them to offer it and no real financial outlay for it. I suspect September will get it back. I can see them doing as the did for Plat/Dia. Let them have 16-days, give FTTF 15-days, and then everyone else. It is not too difficult to do from an IT perspective. There are XX number of 10:30-11AM slot, XX number 11AM-11:30AM, and so on. As those are gone, you have the left overs that become a free for all.

• Like 2