Aurora new itineraries

Manx buoy

9 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

I talked to my TA yesterday and she suggested (unofficially) that the cheapest balcony cabins would be over £8k.

I assume that is £8k for both of you, so over £4,000 pp, which I would have expected.  Probably a fair bit up on that for select price in a decent location.

Edited by tring

37 minutes ago, tring said:

I assume that is £8k for both of you, so over £4,000 pp, which I would have expected.  Probably a fair bit up on that for select price in a decent location.

It would be for two, but unfortunately I’m a solo traveller so in my case that’s just for me (ouch). I’ve given her my maximum budget, but I’ve got a feeling that I might be priced out. I can always hope. 🤞

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

It would be for two, but unfortunately I’m a solo traveller so in my case that’s just for me (ouch). I’ve given her my maximum budget, but I’ve got a feeling that I might be priced out. I can always hope. 🤞

Yes very difficult for singles.  Good luck, if not the Aurora cruise, perhaps you can find some sort of suitable holiday after being grounded for over a year.  That is what is making us think of doing more than we usually would, especially regards cruises as at least they will (hopefully) just be diverted elsewhere if needed or cancelled.

The last few years we have tended to fly off for 4-6 weeks for a land holiday with different bases - often incorporating a cruise into that as transport between two bases.  Not the sort of independent travel to far reaching destinations that I see happening for a while.  Just going off to somewhere in Europe could have quite an appeal of it's own though - we always said we would "do" Europe when we get older, and are certainly what we would have considered older in the past.  Funny how that concept changes as you age though. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, ann141 said:

One cruise I booked, the price rose at 10 15am on the first day. I know because we were onboard Aurora a few years ago when new cruises were released.I had asked the Future Sales Rep to book one as soon as they opened(I was going to Zumba) When I went to the desk at 10 30 the price had risen and the sales girl hadn't had time to book. I queried this with head office when I returned home and they said that the price had risen at 10 15 but they let me pay the cheaper price because I had been told by the sales rep that she would book asap

A similar experience for us when booking Arcadia to New York for next year.  Except that we wernt on board and had to pay the extra.

37 minutes ago, brucepen said:

I have just heard from my TA who is estimating around £6,000 pp for a deluxe balcony. She now has more enquiries than balcony cabins.

Interesting, that is a fair bit more on a pppn basis than our grade EA (top grade) booking for a TA Caribbean on Aurora in Nov 2022, which was booked at launch price in April.  I should think there is going to be a certain amount risk doing a round trip Caribbean this coming winter though, so perhaps they feel it has to be worth them taking on that risk and upped the prices. 

I wonder if they may consider taking her on a similar jaunt in January/February as well, since it looks like they could possibly fill her twice over. 

Edited by tring

Just looked at prices for balcony cabins on 40 night Aurora cruise.Just under £5000pp including a lot of OBC so quite a good price but 15% deposit which is a lot to pay.Just hoping that prices won't rise too much if we decide to book at a later date but expect they will.Good luck to anyone booking today.Hope they get the cabin they want

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Just looked at prices for balcony cabins on 40 night Aurora cruise.Just under £5000pp including a lot of OBC so quite a good price but 15% deposit which is a lot to pay.Just hoping that prices won't rise too much if we decide to book at a later date but expect they will.Good luck to anyone booking today.Hope they get the cabin they want

All the posts from other forums would suggest  it’ll be sold out straight away. Our TA said the demand was crazy 

• Thanks 1

I am hoping to do the Canary Islands cruise and I'm waiting for my TA but I don't think we'll get on. We were on Britannia last week and we were told the saver price for a balcony would be £799 but I see they are now £1099. So I am thinking maybe we'll go for a January cruise instead.

17 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

I am hoping to do the Canary Islands cruise and I'm waiting for my TA but I don't think we'll get on. We were on Britannia last week and we were told the saver price for a balcony would be £799 but I see they are now £1099. So I am thinking maybe we'll go for a January cruise instead.

Presumably that would have been the cheapest balcony at saver price, so perhaps just the more expensive options left - they likely only had a few at a lead in price.  We have an agent trying to get us a balcony for the Caribbean one, grade GB.  Glad we did not leave it until today, we are not committed until she gives us a cabin number - if she gets one, that is.

Edited by tring

19 minutes ago, tring said:

Presumably that would have been the cheapest balcony at saver price, so perhaps just the more expensive options left - they likely only had a few at a lead in price.  We have an agent trying to get us a balcony for the Caribbean one, grade GB.  Glad we did not leave it until today, we are not committed until she gives us a cabin number - if she gets one, that is.

Yes I think it was. However I have got an EA saver confirmed for April 1st, so I'm happy bunny

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Yes I think it was. However I have got an EA saver confirmed for April 1st, so I'm happy bunny

Glad to hear that.  We are still waiting, but have been told, "No news is good news", so hoping we are in.  I think we have previously had a text or email saying we are booked before the agent rang back later to confirm the cabin number and payment.

38 minutes ago, tring said:

Glad to hear that.  We are still waiting, but have been told, "No news is good news", so hoping we are in.  I think we have previously had a text or email saying we are booked before the agent rang back later to confirm the cabin number and payment.

Funny enough that’s the same thing we were told 🤞

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Had a message from our agent - booked.  Only mentions a deposit amount that equates to 5%, yet P&O website is mentioning amounts of 15%, so a bit confused about that at present.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tring said:

Had a message from our agent - booked.  Only mentions a deposit amount that equates to 5%, yet P&O website is mentioning amounts of 15%, so a bit confused about that at present.

Had it confirmed as well 5% deposit first choice cabin. Now to figure out how to get to Southampton 🤦‍♂️😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Had it confirmed as well 5% deposit first choice cabin. Now to figure out how to get to Southampton 🤦‍♂️😂

Tricky journey from IOM I suspect when you would likely have a lot of luggage as well.  One stage at a time though, good to have somewhere warm to look forward to next winter.  

6 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Well I’m now booked on the 40 night Caribbean. I managed to get a balcony at just slightly over my budget. Anyone else manage to get booked on this?

Les.

Congratulations.  Well that makes three of us for the Caribbean one so far - I can feel a roll call coming on.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tring said:

Tricky journey from IOM I suspect when you would likely have a lot of luggage as well.  One stage at a time though, good to have somewhere warm to look forward to next winter.  

It’s going to be the boat and drive down this time I think got a hotel lined up with parking. We usually fly so the boss has the packing of to a fine art never have more than 23kgs but at least this way we can bring some stuff home with us

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

It’s going to be the boat and drive down this time I think got a hotel lined up with parking. We usually fly so the boss has the packing of to a fine art never have more than 23kgs but at least this way we can bring some stuff home with us

We are driving as well. booked into The Holiday Inn for two nights pre-cruise to make sure we are there and can hopefully also meet up with some relatives in the area.  It is a weekend and it seems to fall between two different weeks that are used by different local authorities as half term, so may be busy.  We have decided to park with P4C, who we have not used before, but price is good, so fingers crossed it wll go OK.  Not parked for that long before as more likely to fly, if only one way, for longer holidays.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tring said:

We are driving as well. booked into The Holiday Inn for two nights pre-cruise to make sure we are there and can hopefully also meet up with some relatives in the area.  It is a weekend and it seems to fall between two different weeks that are used by different local authorities as half term, so may be busy.  We have decided to park with P4C, who we have not used before, but price is good, so fingers crossed it wll go OK.  Not parked for that long before as more likely to fly, if only one way, for longer holidays.

We’re hopefully sailing to Heysham Saturday morning, drive down to Carey’s Manor for the night got car parking and transfer to the port for just over £300 we’ve used it before and is very nice

• Like 1