Aurora new itineraries

Manx buoy

1 minute ago, Cathygh said:

I am hoping there will be shorter cruises so people like me who still work can go, but I suspect it will be as Manx Boy says. 

I’m sure it said there was only 2 of them so pretty sure they’ll be long ones

32 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

I’m sure it said there was only 2 of them so pretty sure they’ll be long ones

This was in my cancellation email this morning:-

Two new replacement itineraries for Aurora, with winter sun appeal, will go on sale at 8.30am on Tuesday 29 June plus a new World Cruise for 2024 will be announced later this year.

I wonder if that means one to Canaries and one to Mediterranean, alternating each trip.

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

This was in my cancellation email this morning:-

Two new replacement itineraries for Aurora, with winter sun appeal, will go on sale at 8.30am on Tuesday 29 June plus a new World Cruise for 2024 will be announced later this year.

I wonder if that means one to Canaries and one to Mediterranean, alternating each trip.

I was thinking they’ll be similar to Cunard to the Caribbean can’t guarantee much sun in the  Med in winter but we’ll find out soon enough 

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Since two of the cancelled cruises were to the Med, that won't be on the new itineraries. I was thinking Canaries.

Seems logical, given Spain's decision to allow cruise ships to dock.

10 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Since two of the cancelled cruises were to the Med, that won't be on the new itineraries. I was thinking Canaries.

Could still be med but with more Spanish ports rather than going to Italy or Greece.

Timing will presumably be just before Aurora is due to sail on her remaining cruises on 13th April as they will not get her up and running, then leave her without passengers for a while before the other cruises. 

Hence the new cruises will be early April, March and possibly into late February as I doubt they will put on something longer than about a month, but we will see..  So not exactly the middle of winter.

1 hour ago, tring said:

Timing will presumably be just before Aurora is due to sail on her remaining cruises on 13th April as they will not get her up and running, then leave her without passengers for a while before the other cruises. 

Hence the new cruises will be early April, March and possibly into late February as I doubt they will put on something longer than about a month, but we will see..  So not exactly the middle of winter.

Maybe they will surprise us and bring her back early (?November). They could then maybe have alternating itineraries of 7/10 days Iberia and 10/14 days Canaries???

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Maybe they will surprise us and bring her back early (?November). They could then maybe have alternating itineraries of 7/10 days Iberia and 10/14 days Canaries???

Depends on how well the other ships sell as they will not start more ships if they have cabins they cannot sell on currently planned itineraries.  I would not be too hopeful about starting earlier.  They will still start off selling cruises in March/April though IMO.  Interesting they are doing the extra cruises on Aurora, though Arcadia already has cruises starting from March. 

As the new cruises are going on sale next Tuesday, will the itineraries be published before then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tring said:

Depends on how well the other ships sell as they will not start more ships if they have cabins they cannot sell on currently planned itineraries.  I would not be too hopeful about starting earlier.  They will still start off selling cruises in March/April though IMO.  Interesting they are doing the extra cruises on Aurora, though Arcadia already has cruises starting from March. 

As the new cruises are going on sale next Tuesday, will the itineraries be published before then?

I'm just wondering whether they think there might be a market for a smaller ship for those of us who have no interest in the bigger ones...???

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Iona and Ventura will be doing Canaries at that time  won't that be a little crowded?

Edited by terrierjohn

38 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I'm just wondering whether they think there might be a market for a smaller ship for those of us who have no interest in the bigger ones...???

We can but hope……. 🤞🏻

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Iona and Ventura will be doing Canaries at that time  won't that be a little crowded?

True but will they want to risk 28(+) night round-trip to the Caribbean so soon? Where else would they find winter sun? Be interesting to see in a few days time...

11 hours ago, Britboys said:

True but will they want to risk 28(+) night round-trip to the Caribbean so soon? Where else would they find winter sun? Be interesting to see in a few days time...

Cunard are going to do 3 Caribbean cruises to replace one of the worldies  I think, 2 via New York and one via the Canaries so they must think it’s viable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Cunard are going to do 3 Caribbean cruises to replace one of the worldies  I think, 2 via New York and one via the Canaries so they must think it’s viable

on the cunard caribbean cruise we sailed on, some did all 26 nights like us but others just cruised to new york and disembarked whilst others joined in new york and just did the caribbean sectin.Pand o would need people who wanted to stay on the whole time.However the 35 nights on Ventura are always very popular and for those who prefer smaller ships, Aurora would be ideal

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ann141 said:

on the cunard caribbean cruise we sailed on, some did all 26 nights like us but others just cruised to new york and disembarked whilst others joined in new york and just did the caribbean sectin.Pand o would need people who wanted to stay on the whole time.However the 35 nights on Ventura are always very popular and for those who prefer smaller ships, Aurora would be ideal

Just a couple of points:

Firstly calling at NY would entail all pax having ESTA's, which is an added complexity, plus of course, one has to hope that the US will change their rules and allow UK pax to enter the US.

Secondly, and from a purely personal point of view,  balcony cabins on Aurora are relatively expensive,  and I'm not going to the Caribbean unless I can sit in the sun on my balcony!

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just a couple of points:

Firstly calling at NY would entail all pax having ESTA's, which is an added complexity, plus of course, one has to hope that the US will change their rules and allow UK pax to enter the US.

Secondly, and from a purely personal point of view,  balcony cabins on Aurora are relatively expensive,  and I'm not going to the Caribbean unless I can sit in the sun on my balcony!

I wouldn't expect p and o to sail via New York to the Caribbean.Because Queen Mary sails translantic anyway and quite a lot of passengers are American, it works well for Cunard .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I was thinking that is why Cunard would call at NY - to pick up some US pax.  Sort of thing they do and as you say others may want to get off/on in NY and do both, or more likely just one leg.  Is perhaps a bit hopeful for international travel opening up though, yet those who want to be vaccinated in the US must be well on the way to being done and sounds like they have resorted to various bribes to get other people to take the vaccine.

11 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I wouldn't expect p and o to sail via New York to the Caribbean.Because Queen Mary sails translantic anyway and quite a lot of passengers are American, it works well for Cunard .

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post. I thought you were suggesting that Aurora would sail to the Caribbean via NY,  hence my comments. 

Sorry for the confusion.

Aurora is still expensive for balcony cabins though!

Edited by wowzz

1 hour ago, tring said:

Has anyone heard if the new cruise itineraries will be published prior to going on sale?

Haven't seen anything but they usually like to publish itineraries at least 48 hours before putting them on sale - but these are strange times... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Britboys said:

Haven't seen anything but they usually like to publish itineraries at least 48 hours before putting them on sale - but these are strange times... 

Asked the question on Twitter this morning no response as usual they only reply to those fawning over them telling them how wonderful they are🤷‍♂️

• Like 2