Aurora new itineraries

Manx buoy

7 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Asked the question on Twitter this morning no response as usual they only reply to those fawning over them telling them how wonderful they are🤷‍♂️

Yes, that is the situation most of the time - although to give them their due, they did respond to me when I posted a while back that I didn't see my cruising future being with them because they are gradually getting rid of all their smaller ships...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes, that is the situation most of the time - although to give them their due, they did respond to me when I posted a while back that I didn't see my cruising future being with them because they are gradually getting rid of all their smaller ships...

Could I ask what their answer was?

19 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Could I ask what their answer was?

I knew someone would ask that and have been struggling to recall. Something about still having Aurora and Arcadia and having ships for all tastes I think...

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I knew someone would ask that and have been struggling to recall. Something about still having Aurora and Arcadia and having ships for all tastes I think...

Well, as per the famous quote  "They would say that, wouldn't they?"

Aurora is already over 20 years old, and her time must be limited. Arcadia may have another 10 years left,  especially as she has a higher percentage of balcony cabins than Aurora.

But, just as the ships get older, so do their clientele. Without being morbid, in 10 years time, many of us that  like the smaller ships will not be around to mourne their demise.

Whilst I realise it is not P&O's fault exactly, that they have cancelled existing cruises for Aurora until next year, I do feel they could have done as other companies have, and given first refusal on the new itineraries to those who have just had their cruises cancelled.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

A TA is showing a 50 nighter on Aurora from 15th February to Barbados and back. On sale on Tuesday 29th. No prices. That would be a very slow journey, so I guess more details are to come.

The TA concerned does seem to have some strange things on their site at times which are clearly not factual.  My opinion is that have done that completely speculatory in the hope of getting people on their books to be contacted when the itineraries are published. They are even saying that the start date is yet to be determined.  They are asking for people to register for details when they are available, so they have no more knowledge than anyone else.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, as per the famous quote  "They would say that, wouldn't they?"

Aurora is already over 20 years old, and her time must be limited. Arcadia may have another 10 years left,  especially as she has a higher percentage of balcony cabins than Aurora.

But, just as the ships get older, so do their clientele. Without being morbid, in 10 years time, many of us that  like the smaller ships will not be around to mourne their demise.

Yes, they would 😄. I do appreciate that the demand for smaller ships is on the wane but as a 60 year-old hope that I might have another 20 years cruising in me...🤞🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Whilst I realise it is not P&O's fault exactly, that they have cancelled existing cruises for Aurora until next year, I do feel they could have done as other companies have, and given first refusal on the new itineraries to those who have just had their cruises cancelled.

No chance of that with P&O I’m afraid, we’ve been bumped of Adonia and Oceana and they were no help at all just cancelled and in the scrum with everyone else to rebook

10 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

But why should they have priority over the many thousands that have had their cruises cancelled with P&O this last 16 months.

We have just had an email to say these two itineraries do not now go on sale until 6th July as they are still confirming itineraries. 

The email also said look out for more information soon, so some details may come out before then, we will see.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, tring said:

We have just had an email to say these two itineraries do not now go on sale until 6th July as they are still confirming itineraries. 

The email also said look out for more information soon, so some details may come out before then, we will see.

Two 50-night cruises to the Caribbean I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

If turns out to be correct dont think they will get a large uptake of people booking as not everyone wants too or can afford to book a 50 nt cruise.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If turns out to be correct dont think they will get a large uptake of people booking as not everyone wants too or can afford to book a 50 nt cruise.

Depending on itinerary and of course cost, we may consider swapping our 35 nighters on Ventura for one of these.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Depending on itinerary and of course cost, we may consider swapping our 35 nighters on Ventura for one of these.

I was thinking may be worth swapping out November '22 one for one of those as heavily booked for the following winter, but not sure that P&O would allow it under covid transfer conditions, as I think that is time limited (possibly to just this year).  I know we can transfer a cruise once with an admin charge under normal conditions, but loathe to use that option in case there is something problematic that makes us want to transfer again.  

EDIT

Just checked and the transfer is only available for cruises sailing on or before  30th September, sadly. 

Edited by tring
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

That's a 👎 from me. I was hoping there might be a few shorter cruises to attract me but I'm certainly not interested in 50 nights...☹️.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tring said:

I was thinking may be worth swapping out November '22 one for one of those as heavily booked for the following winter, but not sure th

EDIT

Just checked and the transfer is only available for cruises sailing on or before  30th September, sadly. 

Thanks for pointing that out. Hadn't checked the small print. 

• Like 1

A total of 10 nights crossing the Atlantic leaves you with 40 nights to fill. Are there 40 different Caribbean islands 🤔

I did a 24 nighter to the Caribbean on Oceana from Southampton a few years ago, calling at the Azores there and back. It was excellent and the icing on the cake was it was only £130 more than the 14 night fly cruise. £13 per night 😁

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

A total of 10 nights crossing the Atlantic leaves you with 40 nights to fill. Are there 40 different Caribbean islands 🤔

I did a 24 nighter to the Caribbean on Oceana from Southampton a few years ago, calling at the Azores there and back. It was excellent and the icing on the cake was it was only £130 more than the 14 night fly cruise. £13 per night 😁

Yes there are, a few sea days as well. I'm sure folk can name them all. Let's see. Antigua, Aruba,Barbuda,Barbados, Bonaire...........🤣

29 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Could probably squeeze in a couple of overnighters.  New Orleans, Miami, Barbados etc.

50 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It’s 10 nights there and 10 nights back with  stop en route somewhere Madeira,Canaries or the Azores so only 30 nights out there

9 hours ago, tring said:

I was thinking may be worth swapping out November '22 one for one of those as heavily booked for the following winter, but not sure that P&O would allow it under covid transfer conditions, as I think that is time limited (possibly to just this year).  I know we can transfer a cruise once with an admin charge under normal conditions, but loathe to use that option in case there is something problematic that makes us want to transfer again.  

EDIT

Where are you seeing that?  I've just looked at P&O's flexible transfer policy, updated 22 June 2021, and it still says you can change to any cruise, any date, any price, as many times as you want. Unless it's changed again in the last few days. But, if so, surely the 22 June 2021 update wouldn't still show on P&O's website.

48 minutes ago, Valfan said:

Where are you seeing that?  I've just looked at P&O's flexible transfer policy, updated 22 June 2021, and it still says you can change to any cruise, any date, any price, as many times as you want. Unless it's changed again in the last few days. But, if so, surely the 22 June 2021 update wouldn't still show on P&O's website.

I think it was under flexible transfer policy on his website.  Will look again tomorrow, though tbh it does all get very confusing. 

We booked our November '22 cruise on launch a couple of months ago, so our position re potential transfer is probably more to do with the T&C's we booked under and we always print them out, so I should be able to check them fairly easily tomorrow.