Time for the Next Round of Cancellations?

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I too am concerned about San Juan. I have searched high and low to no avail on information on cruise ships starting back up in San Juan. I even sent a email to the head of the Port Authority and have not heard back from him. I'm due to sail November 7th on Explorer. It would be nice to get an update. When Royal say's these ships suspended through August, my guess is that we will hear something by the end of August but I hope it's sooner.

I would think the explorer has a better chance than vision does. Explorer is scheduled to be there for a full season. Vision is only scheduled for Sept/Oct. Not sure royal would want to go through the hoopla of getting the vision certified to sail from san Juan for such a short stint. 

3 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

I would think the explorer has a better chance than vision does. Explorer is scheduled to be there for a full season. Vision is only scheduled for Sept/Oct. Not sure royal would want to go through the hoopla of getting the vision certified to sail from san Juan for such a short stint. 

You bring up a interesting point that I had not thought of. Originally this sailing was to be on Freedom and then got changed to Explorer. I hope Explorer will be there for awhile. The thing that worries me is if this cruise does go, it will be one of the first ones out of the gate. If they decide to postpone or do the startup in San Juan later I could be in trouble.

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You bring up a interesting point that I had not thought of. Originally this sailing was to be on Freedom and then got changed to Explorer. I hope Explorer will be there for awhile. The thing that worries me is if this cruise does go, it will be one of the first ones out of the gate. If they decide to postpone or do the startup in San Juan later I could be in trouble.

Hopefully it all works out and the  explorer sails as planned. Maybe royal will wise up by then and go with vaccinated cruises and get rid of the masking protocols, etc, that add another wrinkle to all the uncertainty. We are also booked on her Dec 26th. I am more hopeful for this cruise then our vision cruise in Oct. 

We love sailing out of San Juan. It is by far out favorite port to sail out of. Have done freedom and adventure multiple times. We like to spend a day or two in old San Juan pre cruise. The atmosphere is so much different than it is on a short half day cruise stop. The islands on the southern routes are the best in the Caribbean, but with that said who knows how many of them will be ready or willing to take ships when sailings begin, especially if royal keeps insisting on unvaxxed passengers.

• Like 1