Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

8 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

There is now an option for check-in on the website.

image.png.92f42b36147fc5311c9e2d8ef1d34271.png

No idea if it works and since we're all green I'm not going to try it.

Oh HAPPY DAY!!!

Uh, actually, no it's not.  Just tried it and it leads to exactly the same error messages as I get when using the Medallion Class app.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Oh HAPPY DAY!!!

Uh, actually, no it's not.  Just tried it and it leads to exactly the same error messages as I get when using the Medallion Class app.

I guess it would help folks whose phones are too old for the app but for most it's just a different route to the problems.  Rats.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I guess it would help folks whose phones are too old for the app but for most it's just a different route to the problems.  Rats.

Let's hope so!  It's obviously not the be-all-end-all solution for everyone (yet?), but I continue to be optimistic that the Ocean Navigators are going to get the lingering issues resolved and get the bugs down to a bare minimum.  Some progress is better than none.  😊

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

Oh HAPPY DAY!!!

They probably told the developers: "make it work like the app"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good News: Princess added a link to access Medallion stuff from from the Web page.  It's on the Check In tab when you are logged into your cruise. 

Bad News: It asks me to log in again (even though I already am) and doesn't accept it when I try.  Baby steps.

• Like 1

Hello - just booked last minute cruise.  First one since 'it all began' and first time since Medallion launched.  I've downloaded app and CANNOT log in.  I've tried with booking number, creating new account, and by using existing princess.com credentials.  

Do you use same username/password as with princess.com?  Or is this a new account?

Knowing that will give me one less thing to try.

I tried using my usual princess.com log in (e-mail address and password) but no luck.  What did work was the second option. first name, last name, booking number, birthdate. Give that a try.  Unfortunately I've come across a lot of the same problems that the people with the app have been talking about for months.  But then, why not?  It was probably designed by the same people. 

1 hour ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

Hello - just booked last minute cruise.  First one since 'it all began' and first time since Medallion launched.  I've downloaded app and CANNOT log in.  I've tried with booking number, creating new account, and by using existing princess.com credentials.  

Do you use same username/password as with princess.com?  Or is this a new account?

Knowing that will give me one less thing to try.

I used the same log in info that I use for Medallion AND Princess.com.

Worked great for me.

The only thing I didn't see that is on the app is Dining. It seems to be MIA.

7 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

There is now an option for check-in on the website.

image.png.92f42b36147fc5311c9e2d8ef1d34271.png

No idea if it works and since we're all green I'm not going to try it.

There is a CC Princess board thread sharing experiences with the website option…not many positive experiences.

Did not work for me yesterday, but today up comes all the Personal Info and Documents page.  I hope they are not stopping there as only our next voyages shows and I see nothing to get me to the next one.  Also, the ONLY functionality is what I mentioned.  No other sections of OCEAN Ready and no DMW.  Hopefully this was just the initial release. 

Clicking the Globe Icon gives me a summary of the voyage.  Funny that our muster station is listed (F only - no location), but it doesn't know our type of cabin even though cabin number is there.

Last night both of our B2B cruises changed from Green to Yellow because they showed not ordering OM which we did a longtime ago & have emailed confirmation numbers. I decided to do nothing which was a good decision because everything was back to normal this morning. 👍

I had good luck with loading the Medallion App on my phone today but not with the option now available at Princess.  I tried to go through their website first with the suggested link, did not work.

I'm pleased to report the App worked well, was able to link my Baltic and TA cruises so I only had to type my info once.  Also noticed my April 4th Aust./NZ Grand Adventure is listed, too.

I did see dining option available under ocean ready but it wasn't what I was looking for (traditional).

I've only been using this new phone a little while but I was able to figure it out.  I've had an old flip phone for years so if I can do it (70+), anyone can.

42 minutes ago, susancruzs said:

I did see dining option available under ocean ready but it wasn't what I was looking for (traditional).

Traditional as we knew it is as dead as the Nehru  jacket.  Best you can do is make a reservation for the same time every day in the same dining room for the same table config (shared or not) and hope for the best until you can speak to a head waiter onboard. 

• Like 2

I wasn't sure so after I made the 1st choice, I went back and cancelled.   Got the standard " are you sure" routine, this time may not be available later.  I'll go back in and pick a time for each day, 26 day cruise, it's just different.  I'm a regimented senior, I like to eat early, prefer same table mates.

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

All our bookings for our March Money Pit Cruise are green.  No way am I going to even log into the website app for fear of losing that.

I'm with you, although I did actually log in long enough to see everything was green, but I declined to click anything and made a hasty retreat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VibeGuy said:

Traditional as we knew it is as dead as the Nehru  jacket.  Best you can do is make a reservation for the same time every day in the same dining room for the same table config (shared or not) and hope for the best until you can speak to a head waiter onboard. 

Regrettably, I have to mostly agree.  I just don't think it is quite that dead. 

1 hour ago, norway olin said:

I'm with you, although I did actually log in long enough to see everything was green, but I declined to click anything and made a hasty retreat.

@norway olin Just a comment regarding your avatar. When we visited Norway we went to a Viking exhibit and were told (quite firmly) that Vikings did not have horned helmets. We were surprised but the folks at the exhibit were adamant and, after all, they would be the folks who would know.

Note: I just now Googled for how the myth started and found this entry:

When Wagner staged his “Der Ring des Nibelungen” opera cycle in the 1870s, costume designer Carl Emil Doepler created horned helmets for the Viking characters, and an enduring stereotype was born.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Did not work for me yesterday, but today up comes all the Personal Info and Documents page.  I hope they are not stopping there as only our next voyages shows and I see nothing to get me to the next one.  Also, the ONLY functionality is what I mentioned.  No other sections of OCEAN Ready and no DMW.  Hopefully this was just the initial release. 

Clicking the Globe Icon gives me a summary of the voyage.  Funny that our muster station is listed (F only - no location), but it doesn't know our type of cabin even though cabin number is there.

When I logged in w/email & password and got the next cruise. I tried logging in with booking # and got the cruise I was interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duluth-Cruz said:

Update: I’m in the app now. Yes, it was the same username and password as princess.com!

question: Are we now obligated to use our phones on board? I’ve always enjoyed turning off phone, throwing into safe, and being untethered during the cruise. 

From what has been posted here & in other threads...there is not requirement to carry your phone around if you don't want to.

The Medallion opens your door & allows you to make purchases in the stores. The app on your phone lets you order food to be delivered to your location plus some other functionality that's nice but not totally needed (like having the Patter info in teeny, tiny print that requires scrolling back & forth to read it).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Of course it is a given that the APP continues to be a mess, but I find it even more amazing that there are so many different problems we each face even if we are using the same device!   As well, what was not a problem one day becomes a problem the next and vice versa!    

• Like 2