Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I can answer that one: blue, green & yellow.

Thanks!  Yellow, blue, and green.  Oh, and the App allowed me to choose my dining room, dining time, type of tablet (private or shared), and I think it even said I could get a table near a window - which I love.

• Like 1

In case anyone from Princess etc is reviewing this:  I would not choose Princess, or any medallion ship, ever again....what a giant waste of time (for me)...used to take about an hour from purchase to finish...this "Medallion" trip has taken days (with at least 2-3 hours per day ). I will say that after hours of wait time and biting my tongue and not bitching (too much) that the Service people seem to not be massively frustrated and able to get things done...but they are being paid to listen to us...it's costing big on the customer side.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coolchangewilly said:

.it's costing big on the customer side.

That's what I do not get....What benefits are they getting from the medallion (increased revenue, reduced costs)? to offset what we see are major expenses and negative customer rubs.....Is the thrill of having a drink brought to me when I'm hiding somewhere on the ship causing liquor sales to increase?  Do people choose to book Princess because my cabin door opens when I stand at it?  Seriously?

Again, I just need a key/charge card and I'm done. 

Also, for the pre check in advantage, I've had no problem in the past (other cruise line) telling my TA "early dining, table for two"....takes maybe 2 seconds and it's "one and done".  Or pre-order surcharge dining on the web pre-cruise.  And when I get to the pier on another cruise line, I waive my boarding pass (on my phone), show my Covid papers and then they scan my passport and boom, I'm done and my key card is in my room.  We never stop walking.....

Am I not understanding the Princess end game on this medallion app and medallion token?......What am I not getting/understanding?

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 2:53 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

GIVING UP

Same problems since the beginning.  No new fixes.  Intermittent.  Web based didn't help much.  Granted, there are no problems that are Earth shattering and going to prevent you from getting on a Princess ship.  Did Princess/Medallion Class just give up?  Still seeing white screen of death.  

You would think (oops...sorry), that this dream-magical-technological-wonder would work after all these years of promise.  

S I G H

Another vote for giving up from me, too. I have done absolutely everything in my power to get our issues resolved, have asked for help from every resource made available to me to get help, have spent WAY too much time checking and rechecking the website and the app for updates ALL to no avail, and I have now been pushed to the point of being increasingly annoyed by the daily commercials on my local television station about "take a REAL vacation with Princess, book now." Seriously? 🥴

45 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Another vote for giving up from me, too. I have done absolutely everything in my power to get our issues resolved, have asked for help from every resource made available to me to get help, have spent WAY too much time checking and rechecking the website and the app for updates ALL to no avail, and I have now been pushed to the point of being increasingly annoyed by the daily commercials on my local television station about "take a REAL vacation with Princess, book now." Seriously? 🥴

We've been able to work through many problems with our 3 bookings for March 6 and all are green.  But it was not thanks to any help from Princess staff.  Solutions game from the likes of Steelers36 and others on CC.  Much thanks to all.  What we are facing here is an example of the powers that be wanting to implement a leading edge technology in the industry.  What we have instead is bleeding edge technology.

This will likely be our last cruise on Princess.  Not because of Medallion.  We have Celebrity booked for 10/22 and 10/23 with the latter being my retirement TA from Barcelona.  After that it'll be Carnival out of Charleston or a rowboat on the lake.  Unless, of course, the kids and grandkids surprise us.  😀

• Like 2

Another vote for giving up ( or rather GAVE up)!  Neither my husband or I have  been able to get the app or the web based site to accept our booking numbers.  We have been talked to a Princess rep both on the phone and live chat.  I sent an email to IT.  Thank you to whomever provided an email address!  They sent me a very nice email reply saying they were sorry I was having a problem, they would look into it, but they take the issues in order of sail date.  Since our sail date is April 2, I sent them another email.  Same reply.  

At least my son and his gf have been able to use the app for our dining times are set. Now we will just wait until we get to port to check in.

4 hours ago, bafinegan said:

What I ended up doing after having problems with both the website and the app is totally deleting my account.  I then re-registered and linked my reservation.  So far all working great!

How did you delete your account?

28 minutes ago, pompeii said:

How did you delete your account?

I deleted the app.  Supposedly it deleted all the data.  For the web page, I created a new account from scratch then linked my Alaska booking.  All info was still there.  So far, no issues with either the online account or the app.  (crossing fingers)

Just now, bafinegan said:

I deleted the app.  Supposedly it deleted all the data.  For the web page, I created a new account from scratch then linked my Alaska booking.  All info was still there.  So far, no issues with either the online account or the app.  (crossing fingers)

Did the webpage keep your old passenger number or did it assign a new one?  On the Princess site, you didn't get an error message saying your email was already in use with another account?  I'm cruising in a little over a week and am having problems on both the website and the app.  

I deleted the app from my phone and redownloaded it a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Did the webpage keep your old passenger number or did it assign a new one?  On the Princess site, you didn't get an error message saying your email was already in use with another account?  I'm cruising in a little over a week and am having problems on both the website and the app.  

I deleted the app from my phone and redownloaded it a couple of weeks ago.  Unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.

Have exactly the same problem - Princess retain all our information, so even if we were to delete app & website and reload - to access our bookings we NEED to use original details - nothing achieved by deleting app or website  🙄

Interested in solution too 🤔

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

It kept my old passenger number.  It did say my user name was in use ( not my email), so I just used a new user name. I think it linked everything when I added my booking number to our upcoming Alaska cruise. I did do the online stuff first and then deleted/re-installed the app after I made the new account.  I don't know if that made a difference.

Edited by bafinegan

My DNW reservations are now missing on my APP. Try to add again and get an error message. I spent an hour on the phone with Princess on Friday trying to get access to medallion wearables with no luck. Now to see dinner reservations gone is not giving a great feeling to cruise with Princess in the future. 

17 hours ago, jvaka said:

My DNW reservations are now missing on my APP. Try to add again and get an error message. I spent an hour on the phone with Princess on Friday trying to get access to medallion wearables with no luck. Now to see dinner reservations gone is not giving a great feeling to cruise with Princess in the future. 

Mine are back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Thrak  Thanks for the "template".  Emailed Ocean Navigator this evening.  Received a reply within 30 minutes.  They needed more information.  But said they would "try" to fix my problem.  

Crossing my fingers.

I did the same thing on Saturday.  Received an email back asking for one detail I omitted and promising to get me "ocean ready" in plenty of time for my sailing next week.  Haven't heard a word since I replied back to them, nor has my medallion been fixed.  Not holding out much hope...

• Like 1

Well, will wonder's never cease?  My March 10 cruise just showed back up on my and dh's medallion app.  Can't get dine my way to work, but even so I'm thrilled to have the cruise back.

I'm green lane with boarding group B but dh still needs to pick a boarding group.  However now only the late groups are available.  Are we better off having him not pick a boarding group and therefore not be green lane, then both of us go into the group B line?  Or should he pick a later group so he can be green lane, then still go into the group B line with me?  I'm not changing my group to later and we certainly aren't going to board separately.

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

Well, will wonder's never cease?  My March 10 cruise just showed back up on my and dh's medallion app.  Can't get dine my way to work, but even so I'm thrilled to have the cruise back.

I'm green lane with boarding group B but dh still needs to pick a boarding group.  However now only the late groups are available.  Are we better off having him not pick a boarding group and therefore not be green lane, then both of us go into the group B line?  Or should he pick a later group so he can be green lane, then still go into the group B line with me?  I'm not changing my group to later and we certainly aren't going to board separately.

Check in together whenever you arrive.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pompeii said:

So not only did our upcoming cruise reappear on our app (after being completely missing from the app for a couple of weeks) but we received a phone call from a Medallion rep who evidently has been working behind the scenes to get us restored.  When she saw the cruise was back, she called to double check everything is now working properly.  We asked about the boarding groups and she said for us both to board as though we are green lane in group B.  We told her we can't get DMW to work so she made the first night's reservation for us but also had trouble with the remaining nights.  She promised to keep working on it.  Very pleased with the follow up.  

• Like 1

Okay now the program has a new problem.

The photos of both myself and husband show us as "B" , first time cruisers.

When you go into Travel Checklist  , There is a photo of each of us. They are checked green for everything is complete.Green lane.   However a little B is next to our names. Has always been E for Elite.

I emailed the help line for Medallion. Got the same response everyone gets that  they will work on the problem. Well, Medallions are ordered and should come soon (March 27th cruise on Discovery). I will be livid if they come wrong. I know that it can be corrected once on board. However, I know the wrong Medallion color can prevent Elites from the first boarding. This is a new  because it was correct status

on this cruise as well as other ones taken.On the Princess website for the cruise, it is correct.

As people doing a back to back probably also know that the dates shown on the Medallion have  it through the second cruise. Well, in the Personalizer, cruise one shows all complete. Cruise two says incomplete. No way to add any information on the Medallion or Personalizer so don't even know what

is missing. Maybe not a concern but no way of knowing.Princess is sure screwed up right now.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:30 AM, pompeii said:

So not only did our upcoming cruise reappear on our app (after being completely missing from the app for a couple of weeks) but we received a phone call from a Medallion rep who evidently has been working behind the scenes to get us restored.  When she saw the cruise was back, she called to double check everything is now working properly.  We asked about the boarding groups and she said for us both to board as though we are green lane in group B.  We told her we can't get DMW to work so she made the first night's reservation for us but also had trouble with the remaining nights.  She promised to keep working on it.  Very pleased with the follow up.  

And we received our medallions this morning via Fedex priority overnight.  So except for DMW, Princess has resolved all our issues for our sailing in a week.  It shouldn't have been a hassle in the first place, but Princess has redeemed itself pretty well!

• Like 2