Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Heck, you all are further along than I am.  My cruise isn't until May 22, but I can't even get the app to install on my Android phone.  Tried the "web version" on my home computer, and wouldn't let me enter any info -- "try again later."  Not very professional.....

Please ignore my post above.  Finally got it to work on my phone.  Laughing at myself because I can't figure out how to delete my own post.  Guess I don't use Cruise Critic as much any more.  🙂

2 hours ago, seafun said:

Please ignore my post above.  Finally got it to work on my phone.  Laughing at myself because I can't figure out how to delete my own post.  Guess I don't use Cruise Critic as much any more.  🙂

You have 20 minutes to edit/delete a post.  After that it is set unless you special-request the moderators to delete it for you.  Easiest just to post like you did (solved own problem).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You have 20 minutes to edit/delete a post.  After that it is set unless you special-request the moderators to delete it for you.  Easiest just to post like you did (solved own problem).

You use the 3 dots (...) that are in the right upper corner next to the # of posts.😁

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:13 AM, Scubadoobie2 said:

Can anyone answer this question for me:  If there are errors in my Ocean Medallion profile that I cannot fix, no matter what I do, can Princess fix it at the port?  For example, for "Personal Information" I entered "MALE" -- which is what I am last time I looked (LOL) -- but in the summary section it says "female."  In yet another part of this darned app it says for my gender, "undeclared."  I've tried to correct this countless times but the app will not cooperate.  It's almost to the point where I feel doubtful about ever cruising with Princess again after my upcoming cruise.  And having glanced through a video about this app it seems that Princess can track us on the ship everywhere we go.  I've got nothing to hide in that regard, but it feels kind of creepy, and likens Princess to Facebook in that both seem to try to get every little piece of information about you so they can profit from it. What "convenience" it purports to provide to cruisers I can do without.  sheesh!  

We cruised with Princess in November and again in December and we are going for 2 weeks in March. NO PROBLEMS! Madallionclass APP has been goofy but fine in the end. We received our Medallions timely. Check in was always easy peasy! Love that we are tracked and the crew knows us and calls us by name. It’s a plus. They can’t know anything about us that can hurt us. I can only imagine any trouble anybody is having would be the same with any cruise line. So sit back, relax and rest assured you are gonna have a great time!

• Like 1

Hi

Has anyone been able to change the security photo 

(not the avatar one) on the Medallion? I tried to use a photo 

from my photo library but it keeps saying:

“We are unable to save the information.Please try again later”

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, f-mattox said:

I've been trying for weeks to upload a security and a profile photo and always get the same message.  Everybody says not to worry--they will take one at check in. 

On our January 2 cruise on the Caribbean Princess I noticed they were taking everyone's security photo before exiting the terminal onto the gangplank into the ship. It slowed down the line for only a few seconds for us but we were among the first dozen to board.

6 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

Has Princess developed a web based check in?  Have seen some reference to this and was just curious where it stands.

Thank you,

Yes, it has been there for a little while.  And recently, they added DMW functionality. 

Go into Cruise Personalizer and where it indicates downloading the MC App, there is an almost hard-to-see link to the web-based Personal Information & Documents.

• Like 2

Yes, I just used the web based check in and signed in using the booking no. and it worked but not as good as the former check in system.  I got rid of my iphone and have a cell phone so I have to use the computer check in system.  Hopefully, they will get the bugs fixed in the web based check in and it will work better.  But give the web based system a try, if you stick with it will work.  Good luck.

• Like 2

Just thought I'd pop in to say that the Medallion App finally seems to be working properly for me (on Android). I had no end of problems with it leading up to our December 2021 cruise on the Sky (though it worked better once on board).

I had heard the App had been updated and, in preparation for our upcoming Alaska cruise in May, on advice I'd seen here on CC, I deleted the old App, power cycled my phone and cleared the cache, then reinstalled the app from the Play Store.  I was pleasantly surprised to see, when I logged in, that all my profile info, photos, passport photo, etc., were still in the App. 

In addition, filling out the first 3 steps of the Travel Checklist went flawlessly, as did making dinner reservations with DineMyWay.  Virtually none of this worked properly prior to our last cruise, so this was a happy surprise. Keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to function properly this time. And hoping at some point items such as excursions and spa appointments will show up on the Calendar or Journey View, but I won't hold my breath. 😉 

I do have one question, if people know: I could have sworn before our last cruise we had to upload photos of our vaccine cards to the App, but I cannot find any place to do that, nor can I find them if we previously uploaded them. I could very well be mistaken about this, but just thought I'd ask the "hive mind" here. 😉

Just thought I'd share, and I hope the App works as well for everyone going forward. 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I do have one question, if people know: I could have sworn before our last cruise we had to upload photos of our vaccine cards to the App, but I cannot find any place to do that, nor can I find them if we previously uploaded them. I could very well be mistaken about this, but just thought I'd ask the "hive mind" here. 😉

IIRC - no photos of vax cards, just verify that you're vaxxed.

BTW: I looked at the website "app" yesterday and noticed that our cruise in Nov. '22 has all the info from our upcoming April cruise. We're already in the Green Lane without doing anything. 🥰

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

I have filled out all the information on the Medallion app. so far so good. We have opted for early dining, table for 4 with the couple we are linked with. When I look at the MY WAY DINING section of the app, it shows a reservation with all four of us in the main dining room on all nights except the first. ???? Why would I have a reservation for all nights except the first? I did not make any of these reservations. Is this something the app does automatically?

On 3/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, Arya3 said:

Has anyone been able to change the security photo 

(not the avatar one) on the Medallion? I tried to use a photo 

from my photo library but it keeps saying:

“We are unable to save the information.Please try again later”

Not happy that you (Arya and others) are having an issue, but glad to have company in my frustration. I have an iPhone. The app worked perfectly. I'm set in the green lane. Tried to help a friend with an Android and have the same issue as Arya3. I was able to upload a photo one time, but it's visually a blur on the app with no option to delete. I have an avatar photo to use and can't upload that either. Same message.. try later. I suppose they can go to the port and check in at the desk, but that defeats the purpose of the app. Interestingly, the Medallion app has a 1.2 rating in the Google store and a 4.6 rating in the Apple store. That probably accounts for the difference in my experience on the two platforms. For those more techy than me, is it possible the photo is too large a file to upload?

And while I'm at it.. the app does not tell you what their error messages relate to. The save button would be greyed out, but it does not show where the error is. I had a space after an email address and that was an issue, but there was no way to know. Frustrating experience to say the least.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:35 AM, Steelers36 said:

Yes, it has been there for a little while.  And recently, they added DMW functionality. 

Go into Cruise Personalizer and where it indicates downloading the MC App, there is an almost hard-to-see link to the web-based Personal Information & Documents.

I now see that DMW functionality is gone, so I do not think they intended to release it as yet.

I was at green and today was yellow before it froze. I simply refuse to spend one more second of my time on this.  It is ridiculous, and has impacted the enjoyment of planning a cruise. The errors, glitches, and down time in this app equate to TONS of wasted man-hours and money. At this point, I frankly don't care what it does onboard... I'm more than capable of getting my own drinks.  🤬

I am having a problem with the app also.  I have been in the green lane for weeks and now show yellow and our departure is this Sat.  Mine freezes up also and shows I still need to complete choosing the medallion (I already have mine) and picking an arrival group.  Did that a long time ago.  I'll be upset if that changes from what I had.

13 minutes ago, julia said:

I simply refuse to spend one more second of my time on this. 

Good choice!

I know for myself ... if something really annoyed me pre-cruise ... it would def. affect my experience on board.