Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It should be fixed for you soon also. IDK about Australia/NZ and when it will be fixed.  
If you’re leaving soon, I’d purchase it through PCL at the discounted rate, if they will do it, or purchase at full price.

Then, when you get OB, it should automatically give you 50% back on your folio as OBC.  This has been reported as happening by cruisers, while they have been working on a fix.  If you wait till you are OB to buy it, it is a higher price. 

Does your loyalty status show correctly on the App?  Your photo would have a little circle showing the correct color, when you click on it.  Silver or Black.

My loyalty status is correct - silver.  The cruise is in 3 weeks. When I select my plan and then confirm the purchase it comes up with -error processing your payment. 
All credit card details are correct, I had previously purchased a medallion, that payment went through no problem.  I can’t purchase it at full price or discounted price.  Still haven’t heard from askoceanmedallion, frustrating. 

6 hours ago, Fortunatefew said:

You previously purchased Ocean medallion accessories, maybe?  
So, you can’t purchase the MedallionNet or internet now, if I understand correctly.  It sounds like this is another issue with the payment system.  They were making changes in the last couple of weeks with the payment system and did updates on the website. It may have affected your record.

Look at the website and make sure your credit card looks good on there.

If you have a TA, call them and ask to purchase the internet at a discount price or call PCL and tell them you want to purchase the discounted internet. Speak to a regular customer service rep, don’t transfer to the Medallion App people, they will just write up a ticket. Once you purchase it with PCL or through your TA, You will then be able to see the purchase on your travel summary on cruise personalizer. Print your travel summary.

IDK if askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

will fix this soon and I would just want to buy it and not have to deal with it. JMO

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you have a TA, call them and ask to purchase the internet at a discount price or call PCL and tell them you want to purchase the discounted internet. Speak to a regular customer service rep, don’t transfer to the Medallion App people, they will just write up a ticket. Once you purchase it with PCL or through your TA, You will then be able to see the purchase on your travel summary on cruise personalizer. Print your travel summary.

I booked my cruises through a CVP, and not outside TA.  Can I call my CVP to buy the 4-device plan for my cruise at the 50% discounted rate?  Or I must call Princess' regular customer service line?

33 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I booked my cruises through a CVP, and not outside TA.  Can I call my CVP to buy the 4-device plan for my cruise at the 50% discounted rate?  Or I must call Princess' regular customer service line?

I used a CVP for our next cruise and had him buy our internet for us. At the time (it may have changed by now this was almost 2 months ago), he said that he couldn't get the discount to show up. We have to get (beg) for OBC on board.

54 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Is your App not working?  It should now show the discount rate as of last Thursday, unless you have other issues with the App.

If it’s not working on the App..,Your CVP should be able to do this for you.  Let us know if they can do the discounted rate for you.

22 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I used a CVP for our next cruise and had him buy our internet for us. At the time (it may have changed by now this was almost 2 months ago), he said that he couldn't get the discount to show up. We have to get (beg) for OBC on board.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Is your App not working?  It should now show the discount rate as of last Thursday, unless you have other issues with the App.

If it’s not working on the App..,Your CVP should be able to do this for you.  Let us know if they can do the discounted rate for you.

You shouldn’t have to beg.  Check your account after you get on and see if the obc has been applied to your folio.  Most have reported it showed immediately.

7 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I have an old phone and am not able to download the app.  My b2b2b cruises are still 7 weeks away.  I think I will wait until early October to call my CVP.  Maybe by that time, he can do it at the discounted rate. 

42 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I have an old phone and am not able to download the app.  My b2b2b cruises are still 7 weeks away.  I think I will wait until early October to call my CVP.  Maybe by that time, he can do it at the discounted rate. 

He should be able to do it now, as they did fix the bug in the App.  Who knows what fun we will have in 7 weeks! 😆

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 9/1/2022 at 4:15 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Glad you purchased right away.

Also, the pre purchased MedallionNet is now showing up on the App.

Yeah!

Mine worked with the discount.   Thanks so much for all of you that were tenacious enough to get those inapt IT people off their butts & finally fix this issue.  I am grateful for all your time & work you put into it all.  It sounded like some of you had to babysit those people since they don’t know their a—— from their elbow.

Grace 

• Like 1

Hi, first time posting.

We received a checklist for our upcoming cruise on the 11th, and it included information that had not been listed on any correspondence in the past. One of the items was that we needed to schedule our boarding time on the Medallion App. I've been all over that thing and I don't see any section that allows me to schedule a boarding time.

Have I misunderstood something? 

7 minutes ago, maraich said:

Hi, first time posting.

We received a checklist for our upcoming cruise on the 11th, and it included information that had not been listed on any correspondence in the past. One of the items was that we needed to schedule our boarding time on the Medallion App. I've been all over that thing and I don't see any section that allows me to schedule a boarding time.

Have I misunderstood something? 

Go to the Medallion App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents

move down to Suggested

Arrivals

Click on arrivals you see times

click on one of those

Welcome to cruise critic!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Go to the Medallion App

Travel checklist

Personal information and documents

move down to Suggested

Arrivals

Click on arrivals you see times

click on one of those

Welcome to cruise critic!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome as well as the information. I unfortunately get nothing but a blank gray screen when I go to the Arrivals section. I rebooted my phone, but that did not clear up the issue. I'll see if I can access it on the computer.

Thank you, though, for pointing me in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, maraich said:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome as well as the information. I unfortunately get nothing but a blank gray screen when I go to the Arrivals section. I rebooted my phone, but that did not clear up the issue. I'll see if I can access it on the computer.

No worries.  If you can’t do it, don’t worry about it.  They are not strict about it, just come when you want and bring all your documents with you to the port.

Remember to go on the website, cruise personalizer and click on travel summary and print your luggage tags and print travel summary.  Saves a little time.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by PacnGoNow

43 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Check your Medallion app to find that phone number.

NO.  That phone number was shut down months ago.  Call the regular Princess 800# and listen to the phone options and select Medallion app help and then answer the next questions after that to get properly routed.

23 minutes ago, maraich said:

Yes, I have seen that acting up today.  If you are comfortable with Settings, go there and into Apps and clear Data and Cache and begin again with a fresh login.  There still may be issues, but I can attest to it misbehaving earlier today and I just closed the App and started over again with a fresh login.  (I didn't clear cache and data as I suggested, FYI).

I have a question.  We sail on the Ruby on Wednesday, and only booked about 12 days ago.  At that time, the internet pkg was showing at full price, without my 50% Platinum discount.  After reading thru some of the more recent posts, I decided to purchase it, figuring I would just get the discount applied as OBC.  My credit card was charged, and my account seemed to reflect that I had purchased the package. 

However, now when I look at it, it's offering it at the discounted rate.  Does that imply the internet pkg is no longer on my account?  Should I buy it again, and then get my original full price payment refunded?  These screen shots are what I had right when I purchased it, and right now.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220828-230839_MedallionClass.jpg

Screenshot_20220905-164209_MedallionClass.jpg

9 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

I have a question.  We sail on the Ruby on Wednesday, and only booked about 12 days ago.  At that time, the internet pkg was showing at full price, without my 50% Platinum discount.  After reading thru some of the more recent posts, I decided to purchase it, figuring I would just get the discount applied as OBC.  My credit card was charged, and my account seemed to reflect that I had purchased the package. 

However, now when I look at it, it's offering it at the discounted rate.  Does that imply the internet pkg is no longer on my account?  Should I buy it again, and then get my original full price payment refunded?  These screen shots are what I had right when I purchased it, and right now.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20220828-230839_MedallionClass.jpg

Screenshot_20220905-164209_MedallionClass.jpg

The top screen shot shows you HAVE purchased a 1device wifi plan.  You will activate it when you get OB.

To double check tnat, you can go on the website cruise personalizer and go to travel summary and look at it move down, you should see MedallionNet 

purchase on there.

The second screen was your original 

screen shot before your purchase, I assume?

If you see it confirmed on your travel summary…you’re good to go!

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

NO.  That phone number was shut down months ago.  Call the regular Princess 800# and listen to the phone options and select Medallion app help and then answer the next questions after that to get properly routed.

I'm sorry you missed the tongue in cheek humor here.  It's called "being facetious".

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

The top screen shot shows you HAVE purchased a 1device wifi plan.  You will activate it when you get OB.

To double check tnat, you can go on the website cruise personalizer and go to travel summary and look at it move down, you should see MedallionNet 

purchase on there.

The second screen was your original 

screen shot before your purchase, I assume?

If you see it confirmed on your travel summary…you’re good to go!

I didn't think to go online.  I'm so conditioned that everything is done thru the app!  Yes, my full price purchase shows there.  The second screen shot was captured moments before I posted, which is what led to my confusion.  I'm hopeful I won't have to spend too much time resolving the overpayment once onboard.  Thanks for your input.

6 hours ago, maraich said:

I've been getting that screen for about 2 weeks now when I go to the Arrivals part. I've used this part of the App for previous cruises without a problem so it's obvious the fools in the Princess IT department have struck again.

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No worries.  If you can’t do it, don’t worry about it.  They are not strict about it, just come when you want and bring all your documents with you to the port.

Remember to go on the website, cruise personalizer and click on travel summary and print your luggage tags and print travel summary.  Saves a little time.

Have a great cruise!

The ongoing saga with MedallionNet. I received a reply from Askoceanmedallion, they said phone 0800….   which  I did 2 weeks ago and got nowhere.  But not willing to give up I tried again.  Firstly the lady apologised and could see a problem with the payment not being processed, she put me through to the technical Dept, then I got cut off.

I rang again and spoke to a man who again was very apologetic.  He tried to make the payment on my behalf but couldn’t, said he would ring me back within 24 hours once he got it sorted……..waiting, waiting.   Wonder if it’s a problem with Aust /NZ cruisers 

9 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I didn't think to go online.  I'm so conditioned that everything is done thru the app!  Yes, my full price purchase shows there.  The second screen shot was captured moments before I posted, which is what led to my confusion.  I'm hopeful I won't have to spend too much time resolving the overpayment once onboard.  Thanks for your input.

Check your credit card. Does it show 2 purchases?  Or, just the full purchase?

If you were charged the full price you should automatically get the discount back in OBC.

If you were charged twice, have your TA/CVP or PCL refund one of them. Don’t wait for a double charge to be fixed OB.

• Thanks 1

It sounds maybe like a problem locally and they have been updating the payments section. Forget the App team for now. 

Call in and don’t pick the option to talk to the Medallion App team.
INSTEAD…wait for a customer service agent. Explain you want to prepurchase the MedallionNet internet package  or call your TA/CVP if you have one.  Tell them the App is not working. 

They should be able to take your payment, if they can’t insist on customer solutions team.  

Edited by PacnGoNow