Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

32 minutes ago, teacherplus said:

So do we need to delete the credit card info?

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I would not touch the credit card information on your account right now.

It could cause you many errors. Maybe, just wait on that. JMO

I did not mean to suggest that anyone should delete their credit card information. For me, I have been objecting to the fact that in order to complete the check-in process on the MedallionClass app, it required authorizing Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my credit card data as that’s the company handling Shoreside Transactions made on your cruise Medallion.  Being able to choose to delete the credit card information is new - even though I still suspect that Radiqal Gaming, LLC already has the data and it’s a moot point.

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Initially, when the App was updated to show shoreside transactions, you had a choice to accept it or not. I chose not to authorize.  So mine shows nothing on it.

Maybe, you had authorized it at one time?

They have made many updates to this section of the App.  So, it could vary.

I have been in the Blue Lane for recent cruises because I would not provide my credit card data as that required authorizing Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store the information.  This last cruise, in order to pre-reserve Specialty Dining using our Specialty Dining credit, I had to include my credit card data, even though the credit card wasn’t charged.  And, you are so right - this was not a one-time authorization as the credit card now shows up on my future bookings.  In discovering that aha, I also realized that there is now an option to delete the data from Shoreside Transactions.  🤔

3 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I have been in the Blue Lane for recent cruises because I would not provide my credit card data as that required authorizing Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store the information.  This last cruise, in order to pre-reserve Specialty Dining using our Specialty Dining credit, I had to include my credit card data, even though the credit card wasn’t charged.  And, you are so right - this was not a one-time authorization as the credit card now shows up on my future bookings.  In discovering that aha, I also realized that there is now an option to delete the data from Shoreside Transactions.  🤔

It’s good they have the option back in there now. 

It is a software products company that works with a lot of corporations, like Motorola, Comcast, PBS, Time Warner cable, Carnival and others.

So, not worried about that, but I do agree I’m not authorizing it for shoreside purchases.  

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Our problems with the app just seem to continue. For some reason our upcoming cruise has now completely disappeared from the app. Both mine and my husband's.  I thought after a day or two it would show back up but no.  So much for filling out the information and being in the green lane. I have already tried deleting the app and reinstalling, tried adding the booking # to it and none of it worked. Has anyone else had there reservation disappear? If so did it magically reappear after so many days? Of course the reservation is still on our Princess account website.

At this point, do everything on the website for your checkin, including DMW if it’s not already in there.  
There have been a few that have reported this recently, probably due to the changes they have made on the App. They fix one bug and then it causes another.  IDK when this will be fixed.

Sometimes it does reappear. I’ve not seen that as the case lately, though.

If yours does reappear, let us know.

I still would report it, either call in and talk to the Medallion App team, theres an option to do that, or a call back feature.

Or, email them with your name, dob, ship and sail date and booking no. to:

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

8 minutes ago, kamelia said:

So, are you in the green now?

29 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

From what I have experienced,  check in staff at European ports have no idea about the various coloured lanes. Everyone joins the same queue regardless of your supposed colour.

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

From what I have experienced,  check in staff at European ports have no idea about the various coloured lanes. Everyone joins the same queue regardless of your supposed colour.

Yes, addressing the fact that the OP was in the Blue lane and did the new change allow them to go to the green lane?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

🤪 Uh, that would be a resounding NO!  But hard to know which app glitch is causing that. I am midway between two cruisetours that the app has linked, so I can only access the first embarkation anyway. 😝

52 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The new version number for Android is 3.0.104108 and dated AUG 23.  Same blurb about the changes.  Unfortunately, no MedallionNet fix.

It’s seems that when fixing one problem it creates two or more problems. 🥴

Soon it will be 5 years since the MC app was implemented yet it’s still an unreliable work in progress!  And now with the creator as their president not much has improved for too many passengers…sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Soon it will be 5 years since the MC app was implemented yet it’s still an unreliable work in progress!  And now with the creator as their president not much has improved for too many passengers…sad.

We had a young Skunk Works team and had to tell them to stop adding features each time they lifted the hood to fix a problem. 

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I think it is more relevant and telling that they had all the time during the Pauses to work on what we see as today's MC App.  They released it in early June 2021 and the main change was to provide a Pre-Cruise MC experience.  That has been the big disaster with data corruption as well as system bugs.  Here we are almost 15 months later and a number of the fundamental issues still exist - or they keep re-causing them. 

In fairness, the MC App is more complete now in functionality than when it was first released June 2021.  It is much better than it was, but that is comparing to almost zero value at the beginning.  It's incredibly sad how long this goes on without being fully fixed and fully functional at this point.  The on-board experience has been much more stable and reliable, but has been around much longer of course.  There are design elements of the on-board apps a lot of folks don't like - such as the presentation of events - but at least the function is working.  The same is not true of the pre-cruise side of the App. 

And DMW was just ill-conceived in the first place and not designed to meet the marketing promises.  In its limited functionality based on design, it appears to work.  It just cannot do everything a guest might expect.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

At this point, do everything on the website for your checkin, including DMW if it’s not already in there.  
There have been a few that have reported this recently, probably due to the changes they have made on the App. They fix one bug and then it causes another.  IDK when this will be fixed.

I still would report it, either call in and talk to the Medallion App team, theres an option to do that, or a call back feature.

Thanks for your reply. I will call tomorrow about this situation and while I have them on the phone I will bring up about the continuing medallion net problem.  I hope they don’t say we will make a ticket as I  have heard that so many times on different problems and still not one of them have been fixed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Thanks for your reply. I will call tomorrow about this situation and while I have them on the phone I will bring up about the continuing medallion net problem.  I hope they don’t say we will make a ticket as I  have heard that so many times on different problems and still not one of them have been fixed. 

Making a ticket has not fixed any of the issues I have raised and it is going on three weeks.  I get the same song and dance when I call.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

No, they will tell you that you are the only one who has reported that problem.      When they told me that I told them oh please save your breath, I know you are just reading from your script.   They didn’t respond to that comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HleeCruiser said:

Making a ticket has not fixed any of the issues I have raised and it is going on three weeks.  I get the same song and dance when I call.  

I contacted Ocean Medallion by email in MAY and they started a ticket. Fixed one thing, broke something else. Finally, saw a post here about contacting management at Princess. I sent emails to Jan Swartz & John Padgett (don't know which one worked). Got a phone call within the week after sending the emails and the nice lady who called has been assigned to my case. She isn't an OM person, she's apparently a troubleshooter. Some of our issues have already been fixed.

email...email...email

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnieslady said:

No, they will tell you that you are the only one who has reported that problem.      When they told me that I told them oh please save your breath, I know you are just reading from your script.   They didn’t respond to that comment.

Good job calling them out on the BS.

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Then tell them that. Tell them it needs to be escalated to an IT supervisor. 

Or, like @JF - retired RRTsuggested send an email to Jan Swartz and John Padgett.

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then tell them that. Tell them it needs to be escalated to an IT supervisor. 

Or, like @JF - retired RRTsuggested send an email to Jan Swartz and John Padgett.

I sent an email to csteinke one week ago and have heard nothing as yet. If no response by Monday I will email Jan Swartz.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

This is from the current known issue cheat sheet:

MedallionNet Rare issue. If MedNet cannot be pre-purchased via MCA, the guest may purchase on embarkation day onboard. It is the same price pre-cruise vs. onboard. If Plat/Elite guest is attempting to pre-purchase and MCA does not reflect 50% off discount, the guest may still purchase (at full cost) and the different will be credited to them onboard by means of OBC

Rare issue? Doesn't seem so rare. I'm firmly in the camo of being unable to get the 50% discount for elite in the app. I'm debating paying full price as I would use the OBC, but I don't want to have to fight for it onboard. I'm debating waiting until I'm on the ship, but I'm still concerned the price will be higher despite what it says above...

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

MedallionNet Rare issue. If MedNet cannot be pre-purchased via MCA, the guest may purchase on embarkation day onboard. It is the same price pre-cruise vs. onboard. If Plat/Elite guest is attempting to pre-purchase and MCA does not reflect 50% off discount, the guest may still purchase (at full cost) and the different will be credited to them onboard by means of OBC

Rare issue? Doesn't seem so rare. I'm firmly in the camo of being unable to get the 50% discount for elite in the app. I'm debating paying full price as I would use the OBC, but I don't want to have to fight for it onboard. I'm debating waiting until I'm on the ship, but I'm still concerned the price will be higher despite what it says above...

If you wait, take a copy of that cheat sheet w/you.

BTW: where did you get that cheat sheet? Love to see the rest of it.👀

11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

LOL - "rare issue".  When you consider the number of members here that are affected and we are supposedly a small percentage of a ship's population, I'd hardly term it rare.  Perhaps rare to not be able to purchase at all, but not at all rare to have to pay full price.  I guess if we want the pre-cruise price, we have to tell them a little lie on board - Nope, couldn't book it at all pre-cruise.  I'd sure like to know why a Princess rep cannot sell it to us over the phone at 50% rate.  Perhaps they are blocked by the System as well.

Any chance this "cheat sheet" comes in a PDF?  Is there anything on it concerning DMW?

23 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Well I was getting ready to call Princess this morning when low and behold the missing upcoming cruise reappeared on our Medallion app and still showed the green lane. So now if we can only get them to fix the medallion net pricing it would be great. 

Thank you everyone for your response.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

If you wait, take a copy of that cheat sheet w/you.

BTW: where did you get that cheat sheet? Love to see the rest of it.👀

It's on the Polar TA site - it's the document that their customer services reps use when folks call in asking about app issues.