Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I just had a call back from an agent at Princess.  She said if the App is not fixed by time of sailing, order at 100% and will get 50% Refundable OBC on board.  She was in a BIG hurry.  She said it is noted on the booking.  The thing for us is we are ordering $500 worth of internet (4-devices for 25 days), so $250 is a big number to be over-paying and have to recoup on board. 

I don't imagine she had an answer, but I didn't even get chance to ask her why I cannot order at 50% price OTP.  I will just be content to leave it until the day comes when I have to order and it still isn't working.

If you’re waiting to book onboard, I would suggest taking a screenshot of the cost of the 100% rate you are being offered pre-cruise as the 100% rate once onboard will likely be different (read: higher).  That might help make the case that you should get the Elite pre-order price. 🤞🏻

18 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Not for that cruise, no.  In the ever-consistent inconsistency that is the Medallion Class app, one leg of our back-to-back offered the MedallionNet package at full price and the Elite 50% rate was offered on the second leg.  🤔

ETA: I received the 50% OBC discount for the pre-purchase full price and did not wait to book onboard.  I did a quick experiment to “purchase” MedallionNet once onboard using DH’s Elite and noted it was higher than what I had paid.  Regretfully, I did not make note of the actual price difference.

Yes, once OB it IS a higher price. That’s why we don’t want people to wait to buy it once OB. 

24 minutes ago, kamelia said:

If you’re waiting to book onboard, I would suggest taking a screenshot of the cost of the 100% rate you are being offered pre-cruise as the 100% rate once onboard will likely be different (read: higher).  That might help make the case that you should get the Elite pre-order price. 🤞🏻

I am well aware and not waiting until on board because I have not heard they have reinstated the policy to offer pre-cruise price on Day 1.  That was ended when the App was updated to charge us the net cost.  I'd rather not have that potential argument on board.  Definitely doing it ahead of time, but will be giving it the old college try to pay 50% over the phone if the App is not fixed.

49 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, once OB it IS a higher price. That’s why we don’t want people to wait to buy it once OB. 

35 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I am well aware and not waiting until on board because I have not heard they have reinstated the policy to offer pre-cruise price on Day 1.  That was ended when the App was updated to charge us the net cost.  I'd rather not have that potential argument on board.  Definitely doing it ahead of time, but will be giving it the old college try to pay 50% over the phone if the App is not fixed.

I was hoping that sharing my experience might be a “workaround” for others trying to deal with getting the MedallionNet benefit that Platinum and Elite passengers have been told we’re entitled to.  😕

31 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I was hoping that sharing my experience might be a “workaround” for others trying to deal with getting the MedallionNet benefit that Platinum and Elite passengers have been told we’re entitled to.  😕

I think your idea is good, but the Internet Mgr's know the pre-cruise price, but may not be up-to-date on the failings of MC App.  In order for me to wait until on board, I would want a letter/email from Customer Relations to show that Mgr or Guest Services, that due to MC App bug and due to unable to order over the phone at 50%, please offer this Guest the MedallionNet packages at the pre-cruise pricing, less his 50% Elite benefit discount.  If I had something in writing, I'd do it, but otherwise I figure I will have an argument and then I will be in the position of writing Customer Relations during/post cruise for an adjustment because I had to pay extra for MedallionNet.  I'd rather just deal with the pre-pay and scooping back the OBC later on.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I think your idea is good, but the Internet Mgr's know the pre-cruise price, but may not be up-to-date on the failings of MC App.  In order for me to wait until on board, I would want a letter/email from Customer Relations to show that Mgr or Guest Services, that due to MC App bug and due to unable to order over the phone at 50%, please offer this Guest the MedallionNet packages at the pre-cruise pricing, less his 50% Elite benefit discount.  If I had something in writing, I'd do it, but otherwise I figure I will have an argument and then I will be in the position of writing Customer Relations during/post cruise for an adjustment because I had to pay extra for MedallionNet.  I'd rather just deal with the pre-pay and scooping back the OBC later on.

🤞🏻 you click on the app when it’s working the way it’s supposed to 😉

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donswife said:

1. Open the app

2. Make sure you are viewing the correct sailing 

3. Click on the left circle (has a clock and utensils)

4. Click the 2nd box (view or make individual reservations)

5. Click on the date at the top to see what you have reserved or make reservations for that day

Thanks so much for the info, it work!!  Too bad you can’t go to work for Princess in the Medallion app dept.  🧐

• Haha 1

I have been trying to see if they have fixed this purchasing the internet plans . And I can’t even get anything when I tap on “buy it now “. I wanted to see if the Elite price would maybe come up.  So I can’t get anything right now, just the wrong price.  
    Hopefully someone will post it,  if they find that by some miracle it gets fixed 😠

Edited by Ronnieslady
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I have been trying to see if they have fixed this purchasing the internet plans . And I can’t even get anything when I tap on “buy it now “. I wanted to see if the Elite price would maybe come up.  So I can’t get anything right now, just the wrong price.  
    Hopefully someone will post it,  if they find that by some miracle it gets fixed 😠

I’m sure we will post it!

Let’s hope they do fix it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I just had a call back from an agent at Princess.  She said if the App is not fixed by time of sailing, order at 100% and will get 50% Refundable OBC on board.  She was in a BIG hurry.  She said it is noted on the booking.  The thing for us is we are ordering $500 worth of internet (4-devices for 25 days), so $250 is a big number to be over-paying and have to recoup on board. 

I don't imagine she had an answer, but I didn't even get chance to ask her why I cannot order at 50% price OTP.  I will just be content to leave it until the day comes when I have to order and it still isn't working.

So, does everyone (Elite/platinum) have to call in and get their booking noted…

to be eligible for the OBC? Hmmm

21 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just to be on the safe side 🤞...I had my contact at Princess that is helping fix our broken app/website errors email a statement that the OBC should be provided by guest svcs. 

Hope I don't need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I shouldn't think so.  It was standard before and is still documented as such in our CC Benefits PDF.  I think the only "trick" is whether it gets posted as Refundable (correct) or Non-Refundable (wrong).

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just to be on the safe side 🤞...I had my contact at Princess that is helping fix our broken app/website errors email a statement that the OBC should be provided by guest svcs. 

Hope I don't need it.

Wish she had written is explicitly as Refundable OBC.

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Besides it costing exactly the same as two single devices (and therefore a lot more flexible for a couple), we are sharing it with friends.

OK I see, we had WiFi with plus and rarely were both of us on at same time, so trying to imagine four at the same time. 

7 hours ago, Tedferg said:

OK I see, we had WiFi with plus and rarely were both of us on at same time, so trying to imagine four at the same time. 

I'd always get the 4-device plan - even for two of us - since it costs the same and then both phone and PC can be online at once and don't need to go in and out when need to use the PC.  Not that it is a burden to do so, but for the same price, may as well have max of four connections.

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd always get the 4-device plan - even for two of us - since it costs the same and then both phone and PC can be online at once and don't need to go in and out when need to use the PC.  Not that it is a burden to do so, but for the same price, may as well have max of four connections.

I agree with you

• Like 3

Improvement?

I noted today that there is now an option to delete the credit card information from the Shoreside Transactions section.  It is still not clear to me if this truly means that I am not authorizing Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my data, but at least it is a step in a positive direction, I hope.

13 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Improvement?

I noted today that there is now an option to delete the credit card information from the Shoreside Transactions section.  It is still not clear to me if this truly means that I am not authorizing Radiqal Gaming, LLC to store my data, but at least it is a step in a positive direction, I hope.

Initially, when the App was updated to show shoreside transactions, you had a choice to accept it or not. I chose not to authorize.  So mine shows nothing on it.

Maybe, you had authorized it at one time?

They have made many updates to this section of the App.  So, it could vary.

Our problems with the app just seem to continue. For some reason our upcoming cruise has now completely disappeared from the app. Both mine and my husband's.  I thought after a day or two it would show back up but no.  So much for filling out the information and being in the green lane. I have already tried deleting the app and reinstalling, tried adding the booking # to it and none of it worked. Has anyone else had there reservation disappear? If so did it magically reappear after so many days? Of course the reservation is still on our Princess account website.