Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

58 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I have been trying for over 6 months to get the Medallion app to show the proper Elite pricing for the Medallion Net and to date nothing has been fixed.( I previously posted here for assistance and did email again Princess). I have heard time after time a ticket is being issued to fix the error yet nothing comes of it. I have tried on board and the Ocean Navigator desk told me to see the Circle Host to get it fixed. Like people in prior posts indicate past the buck to the next person well Ocean Navigator could not fix it and neither could the Circle Host. Phone calls to Princess, recent emails to both Carnival and Princess, and trying the chat line none of them have helped me resolve this problem. Even my CVP couldn't get it fixed.

My next cruise is in November so I will call again in October and try to purchase from Princess at the half price. This has been so aggravating because you waste so much of your vacation time on board the ship trying to get back money that you shouldn't have had to pay in the first place. 

Refresh my memory…

Is your Elite status reflected on your account on the website?

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I have been trying for over 6 months to get the Medallion app to show the proper Elite pricing for the Medallion Net and to date nothing has been fixed.( I previously posted here for assistance and did email again Princess). I have heard time after time a ticket is being issued to fix the error yet nothing comes of it. I have tried on board and the Ocean Navigator desk told me to see the Circle Host to get it fixed. Like people in prior posts indicate past the buck to the next person well Ocean Navigator could not fix it and neither could the Circle Host. Phone calls to Princess, recent emails to both Carnival and Princess, and trying the chat line none of them have helped me resolve this problem. Even my CVP couldn't get it fixed.

My next cruise is in November so I will call again in October and try to purchase from Princess at the half price. This has been so aggravating because you waste so much of your vacation time on board the ship trying to get back money that you shouldn't have had to pay in the first place. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
Dupe

1 hour ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Edited by PacnGoNow

23 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

If you mean the Princess web site yes it shows elite and when we order our medallions they always show our correct status. It’s just the buying internet that’s the problem. 

You know from reading the posts recently, many including myself have joined the massive 

bug they have now on the App MedallionNet in the last few days.

It is exactly, for me, the same as you’ve experienced for 6 mos. 

It has been reported by several of us to IT also.  IDK why yours wasn’t fixed long ago.  I would, as you say,  by October, call in and purchase it.  No way would I wait until OB, unless I had no choice. 

This should be corrected by Ocean Medallion App team, not OB. They can’t do updates to the App.

Did you go to Guest services to purchase the MedallionNet package with your discount?  Or, had you already purchased it with Princess before departing?

Would you try one thing?  Sign out of the App and the website.  Go back in to the website and change your password.
Sign in to the website and the APP with your new password.  Did it change anything on the App?  

Try signing into the App again with your new password tmrw. LMK if this did anything to the App, specifically, MedallionNet. 

If this has been going on with yours for 6 mos, I’d email and ask for assistance. Could they put pressure on the IT team to get this fixed?

President Princess Cruises

JPadgett@Carnival.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations

csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience

msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Please update us with any responses.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

You know from reading the posts recently, many including myself have joined the massive 

bug they have now on the App MedallionNet in the last few days.

It is exactly, for me, the same as you’ve experienced for 6 mos. 

It has been reported by several of us to IT also.  IDK why yours wasn’t fixed long ago.  I would, as you say,  by October, call in and purchase it.  No way would I wait until OB, unless I had no choice. 

This should be corrected by Ocean Medallion App team, not OB. They can’t do updates to the App.

Did you go to Guest services to purchase the MedallionNet package with your discount?  Or, had you already purchased it with Princess before departing?

Would you try one thing?  Sign out of the App and the website.  Go back in to the website and change your password.
Sign in to the website and the APP with your new password.  Did it change anything on the App?  

Try signing into the App again with your new password tmrw. LMK if this did anything to the App, specifically, MedallionNet. 

If this has been going on with yours for 6 mos, I’d email and ask for assistance. Could they put pressure on the IT team to get this fixed?

President Princess Cruises

JPadgett@Carnival.com

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations

csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience

msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Please update us with any responses.

Thanks PacnGoNow for your extensive reply. I will try a few things that you mentioned but I have already decided that I would email someone at the head of the corporate offices because I cannot get anywhere by going through the usual customer service areas. 

I was hesitant about writing to one of the chief heads because it seemed it should have been an easy fix but after trying for so long I think  it's time to get someone else involved. Again thanks.

• Like 1

Regarding Medallion Net discount for Platinum/Elite:

I'm Platinum and will be cruising this weekend.  A week ago, I saw the price for Medallion Net was half price (~$70).  2 days ago when I decided to purchase, it's at full price (~$140).  Since I'm sailing this weekend I decided to just purchase it and deal with it later.

Today I called Princess to ask them about the Platinum discount and why I didn't get it.  They said you have to pay full price and the 50% discount is offered as OBC once you get on board. 

I checked the Captain's Circle's benefit and here's info regarding Medallion Net discount.  Check point #8 on page 2

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf 

21 minutes ago, babycutie said:

I'm Platinum and will be cruising this weekend.  A week ago, I saw the price for Medallion Net was half price (~$70).  2 days ago when I decided to purchase, it's at full price (~$140).  Since I'm sailing this weekend I decided to just purchase it and deal with it later.

Today I called Princess to ask them about the Platinum discount and why I didn't get it.  They said you have to pay full price and the 50% discount is offered as OBC once you get on board. 

I checked the Captain's Circle's benefit and here's info regarding Medallion Net discount.  Check point #8 on page 2

No, you are correct!!!  You should be able to buy it on the App at a 50% discount.

If you check the Princess forum, you will see a few threads, including this one…stating a few days ago, there was a major bug in the App that IT created. It wiped out the discount and the prior purchases shown on the App. Luckily, my purchase is still shown on the cruise personalizer.

I noticed ALL of my cruises, the purchase was no longer showing and prices were shown with No discount.

I would call them and tell them you want to purchase the MedallionNet with your discount pre cruise. They should do that over the phone.  

Earlier this year, the 50% was not programmed on the App and they did allow you to buy and then get an OBC, once onboard.

Then, after they fixed the App they said you must buy it pre-cruise.

So, have they changed their policy again?

We have reported it and so far no response to when it will be fixed.

I just saw you said you purchased it?

If you did, then make sure your 50% discount is shown on your folio account when you get OB.  If not,

go to guest services so they can credit it to your account.  Don’t wait till after the cruise.

If you didn’t purchase it…Call them first thing in the morning, and if they can’t do it, ask for a supervisor.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I just saw you said you purchased it?

If you did, then make sure your 50% discount is shown on your folio account when you get OB.  If not,

go to guest services so they can credit it to your account.  Don’t wait till after the cruise.

If you didn’t purchase it…Call them first thing in the morning, and if they can’t do it, ask for a supervisor.

Yes I already purchased as I have a lot of things to wrap up before vacay and just wanted to check things off my list.  I didn't want to miss the pre-cruise price.

It does show up on my folio that I paid full price so I'm sure I can easily ask for OBC if it doesn't show OB.  I already have a lot of OBC so I would rather pay half price instead of getting more OBC, but not a big deal.
There's a lot of other glitches with the Medallion app too.  My husband could not add the same credit card that I added to my account.  It keeps saying the credit card is invalid. 

Another person in our group has credit for Specialty Restaurant, he booked CrownGrill with us (we also have free Specialty).  All went well and none of us had to pay.  Then a few hours later we all couldn't find the booking anywhere.  All got cancelled.  When we tried to book again, it forced 1 of us to pay.  We narrowed it down to him.  He called support, they just told him to book when he's on board.  Support isn't even trying to help him.  Very frustrating.

The app is garbage.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, babycutie said:

Yes I already purchased as I have a lot of things to wrap up before vacay and just wanted to check things off my list.  I didn't want to miss the pre-cruise price.

It does show up on my folio that I paid full price so I'm sure I can easily ask for OBC if it doesn't show OB.  I already have a lot of OBC so I would rather pay half price instead of getting more OBC, but not a big deal.
There's a lot of other glitches with the Medallion app too.  My husband could not add the same credit card that I added to my account.  It keeps saying the credit card is invalid. 

Another person in our group has credit for Specialty Restaurant, he booked CrownGrill with us (we also have free Specialty).  All went well and none of us had to pay.  Then a few hours later we all couldn't find the booking anywhere.  All got cancelled.  When we tried to book again, it forced 1 of us to pay.  We narrowed it down to him.  He called support, they just told him to book when he's on board.  Support isn't even trying to help him.  Very frustrating.

The app is garbage.

Sorry you all have to deal with this.  
Hopefully, it will be correct and you can just enjoy the cruise.  

LMK if the MedallionNet works for you when you log into the internet once OB.

Also, if it shows your 50% OBC, or if you had to go to GS to get it corrected?

Would be really helpful for other CC members too.

Have a great cruise!

Maybe I will call and see what happens if I try to buy it over the phone tomorrow.  I'd rather not do it quite this early, but maybe I can find out if a rep will sell it at 50%.  If they give me the OBC line, I will push back some because some folks used to have issue getting the OBC and it is supposed to be Refundable and sometimes they were hassled about that on-board and only got Non-Refundable.  If you don't get a Princess agent in USA, I doubt the OCEAN reps can do anything. 

8 hours ago, babycutie said:

It does show up on my folio that I paid full price so I'm sure I can easily ask for OBC if it doesn't show OB.

May I ask how MedallionNet looks on your app now?  Does it reflect your purchase?  Below is how mine looks now after the glitch.  Prior to that I thought it was grayed out and showed the confirmed purchase at $60 (12 night after 50% discount).  I'm regretting not taking a screenshot of that.

Screenshot_20220819-033027_MedallionClass.jpg.1e031b8a5984b3fc59fe6fac2253c0f9.jpg

I'm really just wondering if any MedallionNet purchases made within the past 3 days are showing up on the App, discount or not.  I'd almost feel better about mine disappearing if no recent purchases are showing either.  That would tell me no purchases are being reflected on the App.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Maybe I will call and see what happens if I try to buy it over the phone tomorrow.  I'd rather not do it quite this early, but maybe I can find out if a rep will sell it at 50%.  If they give me the OBC line, I will push back some because some folks used to have issue getting the OBC and it is supposed to be Refundable and sometimes they were hassled about that on-board and only got Non-Refundable.  If you don't get a Princess agent in USA, I doubt the OCEAN reps can do anything. 

Although tmrw is Saturday, most likely off shore.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Although tmrw is Saturday, most likely off shore.

By tomorrow, I meant Friday.  I have been OTP for a while, including with a Customer Solutions member.  She seemed unaware of the System bug - even that the 50% had been implemented in the App.  She was advising me to buy at full price and get 50% on board.  Had more pausing and checking when I challenged that guests had problems sometimes in the past getting the 50% - and getting it as refundable.  I was asking if the ships are being notified of the bug and people again buying at full price?  I had not yet got to letting her know some folks are ordering in the App and finding they have no Internet registered.  I don't want to try the App if it is not working. 

I was pressing her about ordering over the phone for 50% and at the point we signed off (she was having problems getting someone else to discuss issue and therefore she is going to call me back ... something about a new phone system) we did not get to a resolution on that.  IDK how some people manage to order over phone at 50% rate and others of us run into roadblocks trying to accomplish that (which seems should be simple).

23 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

By tomorrow, I meant Friday.  I have been OTP for a while, including with a Customer Solutions member.  She seemed unaware of the System bug - even that the 50% had been implemented in the App.  She was advising me to buy at full price and get 50% on board.  Had more pausing and checking when I challenged that guests had problems sometimes in the past getting the 50% - and getting it as refundable.  I was asking if the ships are being notified of the bug and people again buying at full price?  I had not yet got to letting her know some folks are ordering in the App and finding they have no Internet registered.  I don't want to try the App if it is not working. 

I was pressing her about ordering over the phone for 50% and at the point we signed off (she was having problems getting someone else to discuss issue and therefore she is going to call me back ... something about a new phone system) we did not get to a resolution on that.  IDK how some people manage to order over phone at 50% rate and others of us run into roadblocks trying to accomplish that (which seems should be simple).

That’s a great update to know you’ve discussed this issue.

My suggestion to PCL:  Have a daily 10 minute briefing for ALL employees, when they sign into their computers to read at the start of each day.  It would be so simple to add a briefing.

Outline areas of changes, App glitches, etc. Give them the knowledge and tools to prepare for the day.  

There is absolutely no reason that these reps, are not aware of these changes. 

Please pass this on to the CS rep for me.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, babycutie said:

Had not noticed point 8 before. I'm ok w OBC as long as it occurs! I still have the issue of not being able to make the purchase at all. 

Edited by Alaskanb
Error

17 hours ago, babycutie said:

What seems to be an interesting Q for Princess is whether they have reversed policy for some reason and taken back the sale of MedallionNet at 50% and forcing us to get OBC (and it better damn well be refundable!), or whether the system is broken.  

Of course, it is forever crickets from them on policy/process info, so who knows?  Was a rep reading old responses when it came to the OBC?  A Customer Solutions rep I spoke to day was supposedly not even aware the System had been updated since around mid-March to auto-apply the 50% discount.

15 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Had not noticed point 8 before. I'm ok w OBC as long as it occurs! I still have the issue of not being able to make the purchase at all. 

Where to you get stopped exactly?  I didn't want to go further, but my App offers the MedallionNet for each voyage at full cost and if I select 4-devices, for example, it takes me to the next screen to pay and offers me to use my default credit card.  

SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, I just received a call from Princess about the MedallionNet issue.  It sounds like they are working on it.  She just needed to verify the last 4 digits of my credit card used to purchase the WiFi.  She gave me the digits which I verified.  This was not a scam.   She said she would call me back when she knows more since I sail soon.  They are aware of the issue and will likely have to do a mass fix.  I told her we were discussing on Cruise Critic and it's not just me with the issue.  A very nice lady calling from my very US city even though the caller ID said California like most Princess phone numbers.  I will post again when I hear back.  She said it may not be today.  I am just completely SHOCKED I got a callback at all.  Fingers crossed!!  About 69 hours into the 48-72 I was initially told.

Edited by SomewhereGirl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, I just received a call from Princess about the MedallionNet issue.  It sounds like they are working on it.  She just needed to verify the last 4 digits of my credit card used to purchase the WiFi.  She gave me the digits which I verified.  This was not a scam.   She said she would call me back when she knows more since I sail soon.  They are aware of the issue and will likely have to do a mass fix.  I told her we were discussing on Cruise Critic and it's not just me with the issue.  A very nice lady calling from my very US city even though the caller ID said California like most Princess phone numbers.  I will post again when I hear back.  She said it may not be today.  I am just completely SHOCKED I got a callback at all.  Fingers crossed!!  About 69 hours into the 48-72 I was initially told.

Half the battle with PCL is them acknowledging an issue exists.  Great news and glad to hear they are working on it.

47 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

That’s great!  Thanks so much for the feedback.

Let us know what they plan to do for those sailing soon.  Pre purchase full price on the App or Purchased the day of sailing for guests.

Any timeline of a fix?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Where to you get stopped exactly?  I didn't want to go further, but my App offers the MedallionNet for each voyage at full cost and if I select 4-devices, for example, it takes me to the next screen to pay and offers me to use my default credit card.  

I can get to selecting the card, saving, then an error notice. I sail in mid October so hope it is fixed by then. I detest the super long wait on the phone to PCL.

• Thanks 1

Medallion App "Glitches"................

I have been able to do everything for my Pre Cruise (Sailing Tomorrow to Alaska on Royal) on the App. but it's been adventure to say the least. Every time I Log on and select a page like Dine My Way it works Until I try to leave that section and go to another part of the app.

The little white arrow in the upper left corner does Nothing and I'm  Stuck and unable to navigate anywhere.

After calling PCL(4 Times) I was advised that the only way to access a different section of the app was to Delete The app from my Phone and Re-Install it again. As the guy on the phone (I think from India) said "Oh it's just One of the Glitches we are trying to Fix."

With that we Both had a good Laugh !😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Medallion App "Glitches"................

I have been able to do everything for my Pre Cruise (Sailing Tomorrow to Alaska on Royal) on the App. but it's been adventure to say the least. Every time I Log on and select a page like Dine My Way it works Until I try to leave that section and go to another part of the app.

The little white arrow in the upper left corner does Nothing and I'm  Stuck and unable to navigate anywhere.

After calling PCL(4 Times) I was advised that the only way to access a different section of the app was to Delete The app from my Phone and Re-Install it again. As the guy on the phone (I think from India) said "Oh it's just One of the Glitches we are trying to Fix."

With that we Both had a good Laugh !😂

Another scripted quote!

Have a great cruise!