Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

54 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

What do you do if the first cruise of two in a B2B booking is not showing?  I see the 2nd cruise only in the Medallion.

Did you try logging in with that voyage's specific confirmation number, name, & birthdate?

47 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Did you try logging in with that voyage's specific confirmation number, name, & birthdate?

Just tried logging in that way.  It allows me to log in, but I still don't see the first cruise.  Showing under My Journeys is the 2nd cruise of the two.  

44 minutes ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

Just tried logging in that way.  It allows me to log in, but I still don't see the first cruise.  Showing under My Journeys is the 2nd cruise of the two.  

Did you click on your photo on the App? Does it show them combined on the left side or just the 2nd one?  
Did you recently book one of these ir change one of them?  Last few days.

Does the website show them correctly as 2 separate cruises?

• Like 1

How have people managed to upload proof of their vaccinations to the Medallion app?  We have PDF's of our NHS documentation in Apple Books which the app can't access. It will allow us to take a photo so do we print the three page PDF and photograph each page?  Seems rather impractical.  There must be a better way.

1 hour ago, Fjord4Fun said:

How have people managed to upload proof of their vaccinations to the Medallion app?  We have PDF's of our NHS documentation in Apple Books which the app can't access. It will allow us to take a photo so do we print the three page PDF and photograph each page?  Seems rather impractical.  There must be a better way.

We’re not bothering, just produce copies at the terminal 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you click on your photo on the App? Does it show them combined on the left side or just the 2nd one?  
Did you recently book one of these ir change one of them?  Last few days.

Does the website show them correctly as 2 separate cruises?

Yes, it is showing only the 2nd cruise.  Both of these cruises were booked by our TA several weeks ago at the same time.  The Princess website shows them as two separate cruises.  

1 hour ago, BigTimeCruiser said:

Yes, it is showing only the 2nd cruise.  Both of these cruises were booked by our TA several weeks ago at the same time.  The Princess website shows them as two separate cruises.  

This sounds like a glitch which started happening again….about 2 mos. ago, as far as I know.  I’d call PCL first thing tmrw, pick the option to speak to the Medallion App team.  They need to correct it. 

It usually happens with b2b’s and they say they fixed that months ago. NOT

On 7/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, ScottieM said:

I was filling in the one outstanding piece on my Medallion App - payment method - and as with Queen B, it won't let me put in a postal code (even though it actually says "postal code" not "zip code").  So I called Princess and they're "working on it".  I've checked in several places with the actual experts (here on CC) and apparently Princess has been working on this very issue since 2019.  I've tried both the web version and the app on my iPhone XR with no success.  Has anybody actually found a solution because the 12300 thing does nothing.  This will be our first Princess cruise and with some of these headaches, could very well be the last. 

Try 99999.  That use to work when we had to enter a zip code in the previous web based system.

My husband & I will be cruising at the end of the month. I am the only one who has an account with princess. I have downloaded the app and now have a green line for boarding. Is my husband included in this or does he have to make his own account. We sailed in November 2019 and had the medallion but all my pre cruise info was done on the website so I would have filled out his information there. It is totally on the app now so not knowing what to do. 

12 hours ago, NIkkiGR said:

My husband & I will be cruising at the end of the month. I am the only one who has an account with princess. I have downloaded the app and now have a green line for boarding. Is my husband included in this or does he have to make his own account. We sailed in November 2019 and had the medallion but all my pre cruise info was done on the website so I would have filled out his information there. It is totally on the app now so not knowing what to do. 

Your husband name is included in your account and will show up in the app.  You should be able to see his name and select it to fill out all his details . 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 10:58 AM, BigTimeCruiser said:

What do you do if the first cruise of two in a B2B booking is not showing?  I see the 2nd cruise only in the Medallion.

open the app and click on your picture.  Halfway down you will see your cruise with a + sign to add additional cruises.

OK  I received my Medallion Today in the Mail (13 days before sail date) . It must be Mine as it has my Name on it.

The Box was harder to open than a bank vault. So Now What?

Excuse me for not reading all the 1st. 146 pages?

We are one of the “lucky” elite cruisers showing as new cruisers on the app.  Multiple tickets created.  I was changed to elite for ONE cruise, then changed back.  More tickets, changed to elite and able to buy medallion net at discount.  Today I see that I have been returned to new cruiser again!  We have other cruises booked and We need this fixed. My dh has stayed at blue the whole time.  Any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, D. B. said:

OK  I received my Medallion Today in the Mail (13 days before sail date) . It must be Mine as it has my Name on it.

The Box was harder to open than a bank vault. So Now What?

Excuse me for not reading all the 1st. 146 pages?

LOL.  Bank Vault!  
Answer your health questions on the App about 24 hours before departure.

You just take your medallion with you to the port. Put it on and bring your documents with you like passport, vax card and negative covid test.  I would print out your luggage tags and travel summary from the website and you’re ready to go!

20 minutes ago, roamerfromtexas said:

We are one of the “lucky” elite cruisers showing as new cruisers on the app.  Multiple tickets created.  I was changed to elite for ONE cruise, then changed back.  More tickets, changed to elite and able to buy medallion net at discount.  Today I see that I have been returned to new cruiser again!  We have other cruises booked and We need this fixed. My dh has stayed at blue the whole time.  Any suggestions?

This glitch seems to be happening again lately.  The most important thing is that it is correct on your account on the website.

Have you both signed out and back again from the website and the App?  Delete the App and reinstall.  You won’t lose anything.

Lastly, call PCL phone tmrw 0600 PT and there is an option to speak to the Medallion App team. They may need to fix it for you.  I’ve had to call this last week, including this morning and I got right through. 

Apologies in advance for not reading the previous 146 pages but is the medallion App really as bad as all the reviews on Google Play show. I've never been prepared to load an app that has an average of 1.4 (out of 5) from previous reviewers.

So many state that A) it doesn't work and B) it's very memory intensive

Is it essential to have and use the App both prior to boarding and when on board?

Whilst we are Elite with Princess our last cruise with them was pre Medallion in 2016.

Got a few months to sort this as it's February 2023 before we sail.

Edited by Prefdavid

3 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

Apologies in advance for not reading the previous 146 pages but is the medallion App really as bad as all the reviews on Google Play show. I've never been prepared to load an app that has an average of 1.4 (out of 5) from previous reviewers.

Is it essential to have and use the App both prior to boarding and when on board?

Whilst we are Elite with Princess our last cruise with them was pre Medallion in 2016.

You do not HAVE to do it, as you can do the web version of checkin if you want to.

Most important: Do you have a newer iphone or Android?  If so, I would try the App.  “Just for the fun of it!” 😂

You may not have a lot of issues, who knows?  There are still glitches that they are working on, or that surface.  It won’t hurt anything to try it.  

Just download the App, sign in using the same user and password you use on the website.  See what shows up on the App after you sign in. Then enter information fir yourself and then for your partner.

I actually enjoy working with it, but YES there are glitches. But Try It. 

5 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

I would say a lot of the reviews are applicable to the earlier times of the App and a lot of those would influence the average.  I gave it a 1 out of the gate.  I did come back later and update my rating, but most people won't bother doing that.  I don't see any reason to give it more than an average rating until they have resolved all of the issues and make improvements.

That said, you should be able to complete the basic and required information without too much trouble - UNLESS you are afflicted by data corruption and then someone on the OCEAN IT team needs to find and fix the data issue.  I would say a lot of the issues they still have are data-related and not necessarily App programming logic.  Another big fail is in design of DMW section (but that is another story I won't go into).

9 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

Apologies in advance for not reading the previous 146 pages but is the medallion App really as bad as all the reviews on Google Play show.

And the two previous threads here, which became so big they were closed.

Crazy, but true.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:39 PM, AF-1 said:

open the app and click on your picture.  Halfway down you will see your cruise with a + sign to add additional cruises.

I just booked a cruise to add to an already booked cruise to make it a b2b.  When I hit the + sign to add this cruise, it tells me my booking # not found.  Is there an easy fix for this or will I have to call Princess and wait on the phone for hours (good thing I just retired) lol

Well, am new to Princess as a cruise line and logged into the right cruise fine. But somehow struggling to save the personal details I have inputted: it remains a greyed out box! Even in the web browser version, too! Same on iPad and mobile phone. Odd. 

23 minutes ago, suejoe said:

I just booked a cruise to add to an already booked cruise to make it a b2b.  When I hit the + sign to add this cruise, it tells me my booking # not found.  Is there an easy fix for this or will I have to call Princess and wait on the phone for hours (good thing I just retired) lol

Lol…

No, wait it takes a day or two to show up on the App.  It should show on the app as all one cruise.  Then on the website your cruise personalizer will show the individual cruises you booked and different booking numbers.

• Like 1

Just to make you aware i went in to check my medallion app for my 24 September departure, to find

that all my details have been wiped.. I contacted Princess who said they have a major problem with 

the software and they will take days/weeks to solve it. this seems that to be happening unknown number of bookings. i have been told to ring back in 2 weeks, I suggest that you check your details in case it has hapenned to you

25 minutes ago, Summer hols said:

Just to make you aware i went in to check my medallion app for my 24 September departure, to find

that all my details have been wiped.. I contacted Princess who said they have a major problem with 

the software and they will take days/weeks to solve it. this seems that to be happening unknown number of bookings. i have been told to ring back in 2 weeks, I suggest that you check your details in case it has hapenned to you

Was it just the App?  Is the website cruise personalizer still intact?