Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

New booking, is the Oct 4th Sapphire Princess sailing. 

Your booking shows correctly on the cruise personalizer and on the App, ship, date, etc?

When did you book it?

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

It does, I booked it 4 or 5 months ago. 

You’ve got me stumped.  I’d call into PCL and pick the option for the Medallion App team.  They need to look at it.  

or email them at:

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Thanks 1

I know shore excursions can't be booked through the app, but I'm hoping someone on this thread can assist.  When I go to my booking and click to view shore excursions I get an error message of "oops that page was not found".  I had booked one shore excursion a month or so ago without a problem.  Any ideas or guidance?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, wrkngmom said:

I know shore excursions can't be booked through the app, but I'm hoping someone on this thread can assist.  When I go to my booking and click to view shore excursions I get an error message of "oops that page was not found".  I had booked one shore excursion a month or so ago without a problem.  Any ideas or guidance?  Thanks!

They may be working on those excursions or doing updates. Try it later or tmrw. If you still have a problem, you can call PCL for assistance. 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

You’ve got me stumped.  I’d call into PCL and pick the option for the Medallion App team.  They need to look at it.  

or email them at:

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

I found what was wrong, I had to complete the Medallion order, even that this section is under "Suggested" and not under "Required" on the app 🤷‍♂️

Done and now on Green Line.

Thanks!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I found what was wrong, I had to complete the Medallion order, even that this section is under "Suggested" and not under "Required" on the app 🤷‍♂️

Thanks!

That’s great!  Something so simple.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Thanks!

Darn it.  I almost asked you that question - if you had done the order.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I assume that if your ordered medallion is lost in shipping Princess will give you another at the pier?

If not at the pier, then you might be given a keycard to get on board and then you’ll have to go to Guest Services to have new one(s) made.  At least that’s the way it was done last December at Port Everglades. HTH

46 minutes ago, kamelia said:

If not at the pier, then you might be given a keycard to get on board and then you’ll have to go to Guest Services to have new one(s) made.  At least that’s the way it was done last December at Port Everglades. HTH

30 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, you go to the checkin counter at the port.  It only takes a few minutes.

OK I have seen lots of posts by people anxiously waiting for Medallion. We picked them up at the pier while showing our vaccination docs. So seemed no need to have them shipped.

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

OK I have seen lots of posts by people anxiously waiting for Medallion. We picked them up at the pier while showing our vaccination docs. So seemed no need to have them shipped.

When you go to the port, they usually separate Elites/platinum/suites and say, okay go this way. Then when you get in that line, if you are green lane and have your medallion you go through that line, if you need to pick up a medallion then a different line to the checkin counter. 
Any of the lines, they check your docs.

It really was only a few mins more to pick up the medallion.  I like to have everything ahead of time, so I always order it to be shipped to the home, if it’s possible.

If for some reason the lines were backed up, then it would save time to be all ready with your medallion.  Besides, people get all excited when they receive it in the mail! 😆

Edited by PacnGoNow
Can’t type. Ha
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

When you go to the port, they usually separate Elites/platinum/suites and say, okay go this way. Then when you get in that line, if you are green lane and have your medallion you go through that line, if you need to pick up a medallion then a different line to the checkin counter. 

It really was only a few mins more to pick up the medallion.  I like to have everything ahead of time, so I always order it to be shipped to the home, if it’s possible.

If for some reason the lines were backed up, then it would save time to be all ready with your medallion.  Besides, people get all excited when they receive it in the mail! 😆

PCL made a huge deal with the Medallion and created ad material of folks opening up their Medallions at home like it was Christmas morning.  I'd like to have it was well.  They promised and promised they would be mailing to Canada soon, or by this date or that date.  All a bunch of BS and then Covid came and nothing went anywhere.  Only thing I can do is send it to our hotel in FLL.  Does no good for an overseas departure.  I am not too worried about not having it, but they make a big deal out of getting it early.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

PCL made a huge deal with the Medallion and created ad material of folks opening up their Medallions at home like it was Christmas morning.  I'd like to have it was well.  They promised and promised they would be mailing to Canada soon, or by this date or that date.  All a bunch of BS and then Covid came and nothing went anywhere.  Only thing I can do is send it to our hotel in FLL.  Does no good for an overseas departure.  I am not too worried about not having it, but they make a big deal out of getting it early.

All us Brits have to collect our Medallions as well. Not usually a big deal, especially if departing from the UK,  as you collect them at the same time as your passports are checked.

However we did have an issue on our last cruise, where we boarded in Barcelona. Security were not keen on letting us enter  the terminal without a Medallion, and did not realise that the only way to show the Medallion  was to go into the terminal to collect  them. 

22 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

Yes I can't see how to use it before using the OBC. The price on the app is in GBP and the OBC is in US$ Is one obstacles. 

We have a lot of OBC to use which is why I wanted it taken from that. When we cruised in June it was a lot more expensive once you got onboard. Now whether it is cheaper if you do it the first day onboard I don't know. 

If you can't use the OBC prior to the cruise;  wait until you board and everything that you buy, wifi, etc; will automatically go on your account.  From there those prices will be deducted from your OBC until you have none left. In post #3591,JF Retired says you can only use OBC prior to your cruise for booking excursions

Edited by AF-1

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you can't use the OBC prior to the cruise;  wait until you board and everything that you buy, wifi, etc; will automatically go on your account.  From there those prices will be deducted from your OBC until you have none left. In post #3591,JF Retired says you can only use OBC prior to your cruise for booking excursions

The trouble is I think the internet is more expensive when you board , so it's a decision whether to pay before or pay more once you board and get it deducted from OBC.

Unless anyone knows any difference, perhaps if you book it on the day you board for example. If anyone does know , please share 

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

On our April cruise out of Long Beach I am sure we were Green but did not see a secondary line after the Elite/Platinum separation. I too like to have everything done and dusted so will have Medallions sent to us for Sept :-). Incidentally I guess I was asking, indirectly, if we have to order Medallions to go to Green.

9 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

On our April cruise out of Long Beach I am sure we were Green but did not see a secondary line after the Elite/Platinum separation. I too like to have everything done and dusted so will have Medallions sent to us for Sept :-). Incidentally I guess I was asking, indirectly, if we have to order Medallions to go to Green.

Yes, evidently you do have to order them. I always do order, ship to home or check the pick up at port, if necessary.

The ports vary a little. If I had to pick up a medallion, I would tell the agent directing you to a line.

Edited by PacnGoNow