Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

15 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

PCL made a huge deal with the Medallion and created ad material of folks opening up their Medallions at home like it was Christmas morning.  I'd like to have it was well.  They promised and promised they would be mailing to Canada soon, or by this date or that date.

The most amazing part ...  cruises shut down for more than a year...

Even with a 1-year extension in their development schedule, the global innovators couldn't finish the medallion app.

• Like 2

Since I can't get on my accounts with the Medallion (total FUBAR that hasn't been fixed yet), I asked my CVP to order it for me. Had to pay full price with a refund to OBC promised when on board. He says it's a glitch in their system that they're trying to fix. TRYING TO FIX???

They've had almost 2 years, who are these jokers? Kindergartners?

No, wait...that's an insult to the kiddies. They could probably fix it in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

Using web version I am able to get to ...Welcome to Your Ocean Ready Profile...But a stranger's name and birthdate appear. I am unable to delete and proceed.

Is that only happening when you sign in to Ocean Ready profile?  Does your account info look okay on the website?

Are you using your email and pw?  Try using your booking  number instead. 
If you are traveling with someone DH or DW, try their login info and booking number.  
What comes up?

I ordered my medallion for an August 13 Cruise awhile ago.  I received an email from Princess on July 26 saying it has been shipped.  According to the tracking number from USPS, it arrived at a "Shipping Partner Facility" and USPS is waiting for it. That was from July 26.  Nothing listed since then.

As I leave for the cruise on August 9, I am afraid it won't show up.  Do I just try and get a replacement at the pier?

Can anyone explain to me how they were able to get there Medallion Class App to charge them the proper pricing for the Internet package.

My DH and I are elite yet the app shows full price for the Medallion Net and not the 50% off we are entitled to. I have tried to have this fixed while on board ship, I have called Princess on numerous occasions and I have also tried the Chat feature and after 8 months of trying and calling still nothing has been resolved. I am so tired of hearing we are making up a ticket and this will be corrected in 3 to 5 business days. 

Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated but another phone call obviously isn't going to work and if you wait until you board the ship the price is 50% off but at a higher cost.

1 hour ago, MSPCUBS said:

I ordered my medallion for an August 13 Cruise awhile ago.  I received an email from Princess on July 26 saying it has been shipped.  According to the tracking number from USPS, it arrived at a "Shipping Partner Facility" and USPS is waiting for it. That was from July 26.  Nothing listed since then.

As I leave for the cruise on August 9, I am afraid it won't show up.  Do I just try and get a replacement at the pier?

They can sort one out for you with no problem but it won’t have your embossed details on it 👍

18 minutes ago, devonuk said:

They can sort one out for you with no problem but it won’t have your embossed details on it 👍

That’s happened to us and we just picked it up at the port.  Ours had the printed details on it.  

2 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

20 minutes ago, devonuk said:

You may still get it.  If not, no worries.

That’s happened to us and we just picked it up at the port.  Ours had the printed details on it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can anyone explain to me how they were able to get there Medallion Class App to charge them the proper pricing for the Internet package.

My DH and I are elite yet the app shows full price for the Medallion Net and not the 50% off we are entitled to. I have tried to have this fixed while on board ship, I have called Princess on numerous occasions and I have also tried the Chat feature and after 8 months of trying and calling still nothing has been resolved. I am so tired of hearing we are making up a ticket and this will be corrected in 3 to 5 business days. 

Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated but another phone call obviously isn't going to work and if you wait until you board the ship the price is 50% off but at a higher cost.

You appear to be one of the afflicted guests who has the wrong Captain's Circle Member Level icon in the MC App.  Login to MC App.  Tap on your photo in top left corner.  A menu slides out from the left with your photo again.  Overlaid on the right side of the photo is a Seawitch logo.  The color of the logo should match your member loyalty level.  If not, that is the issue. 

When you have called in, did you use the phone tree to reach MC App help desk?  That would be best.  Perhaps that is where the referenced ticket came from.  Of course you should not have to be waiting months and months for such a simple thing to be corrected.  I do hope the issue has made it to the right person inside PCL. 

In this case, you should be able to order the MedallionNet over the phone and be charged the correct amount.  Have you tried that? 

Another option is to write CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com and outline your efforts briefly and you expect to be able to order MedallionNet over the phone or get it on-board Day 1 at the pre-cruise price.  Ask them for a reply authorizing the lower rate so you can show it to the Internet Manager on board.  Do you have any record (emails for example) of this issue you could show to Passenger Services Desk on board and hope a mgr can adjust your internet charge?

Just trying to propose some work-arounds, etc, since your record isn't getting fixed?

Also, are both you and your cabinmate showing the incorrect Loyalty status in MC App?  Somtimes, it is just the one person affected.

3 hours ago, MSPCUBS said:

I'm in the same position. My missing medallions are likely with yours! 😁

My date is the same and status is the same.

Also cruising on August 13th.  Guessing you are on the British Isles sailing? Although it would be nice to receive them before we go, if not, we won't be alone as there will likely be many from the UK on this cruise and they will ALL have to pick up their medallions at the port as I believe Princess only ships them to US addresses.....

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You appear to be one of the afflicted guests who has the wrong Captain's Circle Member Level icon in the MC App.  Login to MC App.  Tap on your photo in top left corner.  A menu slides out from the left with your photo again.  Overlaid on the right side of the photo is a Seawitch logo.  The color of the logo should match your member loyalty level.  If not, that is the issue. 

When you have called in, did you use the phone tree to reach MC App help desk?  That would be best.  Perhaps that is where the referenced ticket came from.  Of course you should not have to be waiting months and months for such a simple thing to be corrected.  I do hope the issue has made it to the right person inside PCL. 

In this case, you should be able to order the MedallionNet over the phone and be charged the correct amount.  Have you tried that? 

Another option is to write CustomerRelations@PrincessCruises.com and outline your efforts briefly and you expect to be able to order MedallionNet over the phone or get it on-board Day 1 at the pre-cruise price.  Ask them for a reply authorizing the lower rate so you can show it to the Internet Manager on board.  Do you have any record (emails for example) of this issue you could show to Passenger Services Desk on board and hope a mgr can adjust your internet charge?

Just trying to propose some work-arounds, etc, since your record isn't getting fixed?

Also, are both you and your cabinmate showing the incorrect Loyalty status in MC App?  Somtimes, it is just the one person affected.

Steelers36 thank you for your detailed reply. I should have mentioned in my posting that yes we are shown in blue on the sea witch logo instead of black for elite. This was explained to them every time I had contacted Princess. Several times I was told a ticket was being made to correct the problem but nothing has ever been done. I also tried calling my CVP  to buy the internet at the proper pricing and it wouldn't go through. It has been quite frustrating to say the least. I guess I will try another email but I agree with your reply that this should not be such a difficult fix yet no one seems to be able to fix it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, I forgot to add that my DH Medallion Class app also shows blue sea witch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

I also tried calling my CVP  to buy the internet at the proper pricing and it wouldn't go through. It has been quite frustrating to say the least. 

According to my CVP, they can't give the discount for internet in the program where they book it for us. He said to get OBC on board...🤞

DH has been unable to get into his Personalizer by simply logging in. Have to use name & booking #.

I had an idea that maybe if I changed the password that would fix it.

Went into the web-based app and worked around to get to "change password". Did it and still get the message that "we need further information".

Nope!! Been there, done that.

Chat - no help

email to Medallion folks - no help since May (3 emails to them, nothing back)

Phone Princess - after a long hold while the rep consulted someone, she declared it was fixed and it's not.

Any ideas @Steelers36?

40 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

According to my CVP, they can't give the discount for internet in the program where they book it for us. He said to get OBC on board...🤞

I called CS PCL and they were able to

sell the discounted Internet to me.  If you call PCL tell them you want to buy

it before you get OB, and the discounted rate. That’s ridiculous.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'd ask the CVP for an official email where they acknowledge your records are incorrect in the Princess system and they cannot sell you internet at 50% off even though you are clearly Elite and qualify.  Further that you are entitled to a 50% refundable OBC upon request at Passenger Services.  Tell her/him you would like the email from some sort of authority as you have heard some folks having difficulty getting the OBC on board.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

DH has been unable to get into his Personalizer by simply logging in. Have to use name & booking #.

I had an idea that maybe if I changed the password that would fix it.

Went into the web-based app and worked around to get to "change password". Did it and still get the message that "we need further information".

Nope!! Been there, done that.

Chat - no help

email to Medallion folks - no help since May (3 emails to them, nothing back)

Phone Princess - after a long hold while the rep consulted someone, she declared it was fixed and it's not.

Any ideas @Steelers36?

Not really and not sure if I have already suggested much of this:

Each of you login to Princess.com and review and even print off all of your profile info.  Is it all correct?  Look at Travel Summary info in Cruise Personalizer.  Is that all correct - including your CC Member Numbers?  Are your birthdates correct?

Login to MC App - either web version or on device.  Again, review all of your personal information.  Is it all correct and does it match what you got on Princess.com? 

I presume when you called into Princess, you used the phone tree option to get to help with MC App.  

Using the MC App, go into Apps within Settings on your phone and clear data and cache and try logging in again.

IDK what else other than to phone and write Customer Relations and tell them you are at end of rope and how long the issue has been going on and do not understand why your records in their system seem to have bad data and further why no rep's seem to be able to find and correct the corrupt data.

• Thanks 1

RE Not able to enter Canadian postal code. 

Assuming it was to verify my credit card billing info as most online sites do, I ended up phoning and went through a lot of waiting, transferring until an agent entered it correctly for me.

When I asked if others had run into this problem before, I was assured NO never.

Judging by the comments here, that is not true.

yes to the question I did enter the country first.

I know the digital only trick as we too travel in the US but again, I assumed that it had to be correct format to verify the credit card.

Guess not!

Now I'm trying to find out when I can access the digital boarding pass...apparently not yet for our cruise in 5 wks time.

On 7/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, PacnGoNow said:

You don’t have to use the App.  If you have issues with it, you can still do it on the website under the cruise personalizer. 

If you go to checkin…right under the

button for download App, you’ll see

a link, for the web version. 

You can still print your luggage tags and travel summary 75 days before on the website, just like before.

Don’t stress over the app.  You still

bring your documents to the port for them to check, passport, vax card and covid test results. 

Do you know when I can access digital boarding pass on phone? assuming that has a check in time as well...trying to plan ride to the port.

51 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Do you know when I can access digital boarding pass on phone? assuming that has a check in time as well...trying to plan ride to the port.

If you’re on the App, about 45-30 days before departure you can go to the App:

Travel checklist

Documents and information 

move down….

Suggested

boarding  and arrival times

click on the boarding time ( when it opens)

Group A is usually 1100-1130. You will see if it accepts it.

Most ports are not really strict about these times. Most posters have said they show up when they want or need to.

I usually go early and sit in the Elite lounge. 

There’s really no digital pass, other than a QR code from the App.  No longer have to print one.  Fill out what you can ahead, take your Ocean Medallion with you,

that they mail, along with your documents, like a passport, vaccine

card, covid negative test results.

I always print a copy

of the travel summary and my luggage tags from the website like we always did.

Ours is one of those that shows us as Blue card(first time cruisers) on the appl. It is totally useless to try and get someone to fix it. However, when you order the medallions , in the order process it does show us as Elite(photo of medallion has the black Princess seawitch) and our medallions have been arriving correctly.Also we are recognized as Elite on board and on the website.So why when we try to buy the internet through the appl., it won't give us the discount.

Frustrating to have to call Princess and have them do it.

Someone had suggested that you wait till on board and do it first day. Well, as most have already found out, the price for internet is more on board and the 50% off is at higher price.

Don't assume you can just go to passenger services for correction. They will refer you to Internet Cafe manager. Don't even try to go there the first two days, big lines waiting to speak to him.When I finally met with the guy he told me basically, the discount on the lower price must be done prior to the cruise . He was aware of the Medallion Appl not showing it for some of us. he said call Princess or your travel agent to do it. He gave me the credit. On the Ruby, a really nice Internet manager.

21 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Ours is one of those that shows us as Blue card(first time cruisers) on the appl. It is totally useless to try and get someone to fix it. However, when you order the medallions , in the order process it does show us as Elite(photo of medallion has the black Princess seawitch) and our medallions have been arriving correctly.Also we are recognized as Elite on board and on the website.So why when we try to buy the internet through the appl., it won't give us the discount.

Someone had suggested that you wait till on board and do it first day. Well, as most have already found out, the price for internet is more on board and the 50% off is at higher price.

Don't assume you can just go to passenger services for correction. They will refer you to Internet Cafe manager. Don't even try to go there the first two days, big lines waiting to speak to him.When I finally met with the guy he told me basically, the discount on the lower price must be done prior to the cruise . He was aware of the Medallion Appl not showing it for some of us. he said call Princess or your travel agent to do it. He gave me the credit. On the Ruby, a really nice Internet manager.

You are so right!  I don’t leave stuff until I get OB.  This is their issue to fix.  Most important is that your account shows correctly on the website.

I have been able to get through really quickly the last couple of weeks. I’d call them and have them sell it to you at the discounted rate. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, san diego sue said:

So why when we try to buy the internet through the appl., it won't give us the discount.

Someone had suggested that you wait till on board and do it first day.

Can't get the app to do it.

CVP can't get the discounted price (he tried)

Don't know if travel agents can do it, but guessing if TAs use the same system as CVPs, it would be a "no".

Guess the only way to get the discount is to call in and wait on hold. ??