Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Well, am new to Princess as a cruise line and logged into the right cruise fine. But somehow struggling to save the personal details I have inputted: it remains a greyed out box! Even in the web browser version, too! Same on iPad and mobile phone. Odd. 

I did a long response but it didn’t send. I’ll try again.

Did you accept the passage contract for each person that pops up when you made the new booking?

Sign out of the App both accounts and go to the website. Go through each item in your account and profile. Make sure it is correct or filled in. Then do the same for your partner if one is traveling with you.  Sign out of the website, both of you.

Then sign back into the App. Go one at a time through the personal information and documents. Check your personal information for each person. If the App is acting up, try this tmrw.

There are a lot of issues now on the website snd App due to many changes, loading sailings for 2023/2024. And cancellations of the Diamond Princess for upcoming cruises.  It may be better to do this tmrw, if you get strange responses tonight.  Let us know

if this helps at all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Summer hols said:

Just to make you aware i went in to check my medallion app for my 24 September departure, to find

that all my details have been wiped.. I contacted Princess who said they have a major problem with 

the software and they will take days/weeks to solve it. this seems that to be happening unknown number of bookings. i have been told to ring back in 2 weeks, I suggest that you check your details in case it has hapenned to you

Did you speak to the Medallion App team or was it the regular Princess Customer Service?

2 hours ago, Summer hols said:

Just to make you aware i went in to check my medallion app for my 24 September departure, to find

that all my details have been wiped.. I contacted Princess who said they have a major problem with 

the software and they will take days/weeks to solve it. this seems that to be happening unknown number of bookings. i have been told to ring back in 2 weeks, I suggest that you check your details in case it has happened to you

IMO, there is no excuse for data corruption issues which is what this looks like. 

10 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you accept the passage contract for each person that pops up when you made the new booking?

Sign out of the App both accounts and go to the website. Go through each item in your account and profile. Make sure it is correct or filled in. Then do the same for your partner if one is traveling with you.  Sign out of the website, both of you.

Then sign back into the App. Go one at a time through the personal information and documents. Check your personal information for each person. If the App is acting up, try this tmrw.

There are a lot of issues now on the website snd App due to many changes, loading sailings for 2023/2024. And cancellations of the Diamond Princess for upcoming cruises.  It may be better to do this tmrw, if you get strange responses tonight.  Let us know

if this helps at all.

Thanks. Tried again - no joy. But tried yet another time and it worked! So strange.

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:23 PM, roamerfromtexas said:

We are one of the “lucky” elite cruisers showing as new cruisers on the app.  Multiple tickets created.  I was changed to elite for ONE cruise, then changed back.  More tickets, changed to elite and able to buy medallion net at discount.  Today I see that I have been returned to new cruiser again!  We have other cruises booked and We need this fixed. My dh has stayed at blue the whole time.  Any suggestions?

And I thought it  was my quasi IT skill level! DH is listed as Elite and I'm Platinum. My sister who is in another cabin, by herself, and was Platinum a few years ago is now showing first time cruiser! DH reserved a few floating water toys and also booked a Princess 4x4 in Dominica never got the 10% Elite discount. Waiting to speak with a human at Princess appears worthless. Once onboard, we'll deal with these issues.  Bottom line, Princess needs to find a few highly qualified IT people to get their technology up to speed. Gee, I think I said that when on the Crown inaugural.

Darcy

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 3:42 AM, Prefdavid said:

Apologies in advance for not reading the previous 146 pages but is the medallion App really as bad as all the reviews on Google Play show. I've never been prepared to load an app that has an average of 1.4 (out of 5) from previous reviewers.

So many state that A) it doesn't work and B) it's very memory intensive

Is it essential to have and use the App both prior to boarding and when on board?

Whilst we are Elite with Princess our last cruise with them was pre Medallion in 2016.

Got a few months to sort this as it's February 2023 before we sail.

I gave it a 1 star review. Had multiple two-three hour phone calls. Never did get it fixed until we got to the port. Had to go see a tech person at one end of the counter. He had to call people in Florida and walk them through what needed to be done. Took about 20 minutes. Why couldn't it have taken 20 minutes months earlier? 

I think the vast majority of bad reviews are from terrible experiences people had before they ever got on board a ship. In our case, once we were on board we used the app a lot. It wasn't perfect, but overall we really liked it. Used it a lot to order food and drink in particular. Worked fine except for two issues: 1) in the Piazza staff found it hard to pinpoint which level we were on if we were sitting near the railing; so we worked around that by ordering from a specific location such as Crooner's; 2) when I ordered food and an alcoholic beverage at the same time they got totally screwed up because those orders are filled in different places; so I learned to order one of them, and as soon as it was being processed I would order the other. It always worked.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Grislap said:

I gave it a 1 star review. Had multiple two-three hour phone calls. Never did get it fixed until we got to the port. Had to go see a tech person at one end of the counter. He had to call people in Florida and walk them through what needed to be done. Took about 20 minutes. Why couldn't it have taken 20 minutes months earlier? 

I think the vast majority of bad reviews are from terrible experiences people had before they ever got on board a ship. In our case, once we were on board we used the app a lot. It wasn't perfect, but overall we really liked it. Used it a lot to order food and drink in particular. Worked fine except for two issues: 1) in the Piazza staff found it hard to pinpoint which level we were on if we were sitting near the railing; so we worked around that by ordering from a specific location such as Crooner's; 2) when I ordered food and an alcoholic beverage at the same time they got totally screwed up because those orders are filled in different places; so I learned to order one of them, and as soon as it was being processed I would order the other. It always worked.

It most certainly seems to work pretty well once the cruise starts - and they have had a lot of time working with that functionality to have it humming.  It's the pre-cruise parts that have been a disaster (no other word for it), BUT it is getting better pre-cruise, so I would up it from 1 to average now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

if this helps at all.

That only works, if you can sign in on the app or the web-based app...I can't. Been waiting for them to finish fixing since May. One thing gets fixed and 3 more stop working.

6 hours ago, WatchHill said:

DH reserved a few floating water toys and also booked a Princess 4x4 in Dominica never got the 10% Elite discount. Waiting to speak with a human at Princess appears worthless. Once onboard, we'll deal with these issues. 

My CVP said that the 10% discount is given as OBC.

37 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That only works, if you can sign in on the app or the web-based app...I can't. Been waiting for them to finish fixing since May. One thing gets fixed and 3 more stop working.

Yes, and @camberlywas new to Princess, so I figured they needed to go through the process of creating a profile  first in the website for both guests and make sure that was correct. Then,

go to the App, sign in and then work on  completing the information on the App. First, it didn’t work, tried it again snd it did work. There’s a little lag time from the website to the App inputs.

BUT… @JF - retired RRT I thought you were fixed a long time ago?  IDK if we can do anything for you…if IT can’t fix it!

Did you try changing both your passwords on Princess?  

Edited by PacnGoNow

47 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Pre-medallion, it was up front coming out of the existing OBCs. As of an hour ago, there weren't any additional OBCs. Not worth worrying over, though something to either deal with once on the ship, or a post cruise letter.

Clarity within the entire pre-cruise booking, medallion, reservations, uploading docs, pre-cruise purchases, etc., is lacking. 

Darcy

• Like 1

In those far off 'pre-medallion' days if I wanted to get my wife and I a drink from the bar i simply took her cruise card and showed both to the bar staff. What do i do now? Get her to remove her medallion from her wrist or neck?  What a faff.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I can confirm that the 10% discount appeared as OBC only after we were onboard.  Given the fact that two of our shore excursions were cancelled while on the cruise and 10% OBC credit for those tours then removed from our portfolio, I don't see that Princess will ever make that OBC available to use before boarding.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

I can confirm that the 10% discount appeared as OBC only after we were onboard.  Given the fact that two of our shore excursions were cancelled while on the cruise and 10% OBC credit for those tours then removed from our portfolio, I don't see that Princess will ever make that OBC available to use before boarding.  

Isn't the clue in the name: OBC - On Board Credit. 🙂

13 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

BUT… @JF - retired RRT I thought you were fixed a long time ago?  IDK if we can do anything for you…if IT can’t fix it!

Did you try changing both your passwords on Princess?  

It was fixed long enough for me to go in and reserve dining...then they broke it again.

Every time there's an update, they "break" our accounts.

DOBs switched, middle name snafu. The most recent made DH a newbie with a new account #. Even with the new account, he can't get into the app or Personalizer at all. I can get into my account, but the app doesn't work and the web-based app gives me a message that I need to make my final payment (which was done a month ago).

Tried to book a cruise and had to ask CVP to do it. The booking engine only recognized me (FCD & Platinum insurance pricing). DH is a "newbie" and didn't have either. Don't know how CVP can do what I can't.

How do you change a password when you don't have access to your account?

2 hours ago, Fjord4Fun said:

Isn't the clue in the name: OBC - On Board Credit. 🙂

True dat.  🤭  In this case, though, it is different than other types of On Board Credit offered by Princess in that I am able to apply the OBC associated with the Shareholder's Benefit to pre-purchase Specialty Dining, for example.  If the Shore Excursion OBC was posted to my account in the same way that the Shareholder's Benefit is and I used it to pre-purchase Specialty Dining only to have the shore excursion cancelled the day after my meal, I could see that this would cause no end of heartburn to rectify.  

On 8/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, Summer hols said:

the software and they will take days/weeks to solve it. this seems that to be happening unknown number of bookings. i have been told to ring back in 2 weeks, I suggest that you check your details in case it has hapenned to you

I too am having big glitch issues.  As of last week, everything was fine for my October booking.  And earlier this week I added a booking for another cruise and that uploaded fine.  But now I cannot access the portion of the app for Travel Checklist and Personal Information and Documents.  I have been checking periodically to see if Boarding Groups are available, and this is the area of the app where you do that. Now, every time I click on that link, I get an error message that says that "Something went wrong" and to try again later. Same thing happens when I try to use the web based Medallion system.  When I try to enter the Health Status area, I get a blank white screen and I have to close the app and restart it.  When I toggle over to the more recently booked cruise which is almost a year from now, none of these errors occur.  Very strange.

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It was fixed long enough for me to go in and reserve dining...then they broke it again.

DOBs switched, middle name snafu. The most recent made DH a newbie with a new account #. Even with the new account, he can't get into the app or Personalizer at all. I can get into my account, but the app doesn't work and the web-based app gives me a message that I need to make my final payment (which was done a month ago).

Tried to book a cruise and had to ask CVP to do it. The booking engine only recognized me (FCD & Platinum insurance pricing). DH is a "newbie" and didn't have either. Don't know how CVP can do what I can't.

That would be difficult!  How can you get into the Princess website to check on your cruises?  If I couldn’t get into t

my website account, I would call customer solutions so they can fix the website issue. Tell them to send you a link to change your passwords.

The App is another story.  But, you need to be able to get into the website!

Once, they send a link for the website,

change both passwords.

5 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I too am having big glitch issues.  As of last week, everything was fine for my October booking.  And earlier this week I added a booking for another cruise and that uploaded fine.  But now I cannot access the portion of the app for Travel Checklist and Personal Information and Documents.  I have been checking periodically to see if Boarding Groups are available, and this is the area of the app where you do that. Now, every time I click on that link, I get an error message that says that "Something went wrong" and to try again later. Same thing happens when I try to use the web based Medallion system.  When I try to enter the Health Status area, I get a blank white screen and I have to close the app and restart it.  When I toggle over to the more recently booked cruise which is almost a year from now, none of these errors occur.  Very strange.

They are updating and believe that is why we are getting so many odd responses.

Because, I try again and no problem. So,

I’m staying off the website and App today.

See if tmrw works?

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

See if tmrw works?

I will.  But that is the advice I gave myself on Tuesday to see if Wednesday would work. It didn't.  And then I gave myself the same advice yesterday thinking that today would be better. It wasn't.  But it is comforting to know that others are having the same or similar issues. No need for me to endure an hour-long call with a tech person if the problem is systemic and not just me.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I will.  But that is the advice I gave myself on Tuesday to see if Wednesday would work. It didn't.  And then I gave myself the same advice yesterday thinking that today would be better. It wasn't.  But it is comforting to know that others are having the same or similar issues. No need for me to endure an hour-long call with a tech person if the problem is systemic and not just me.  

Did you see this?  Medallion Market.

31 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

1 hour ago,  AskOceanMedallion said: 

We currently are beta-testing an exciting new enhancement for Princess guests. Several guests and travel advisors are participating in this preliminary phase. We look forward to sharing more details once the beta test concludes

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

They ARE testing their Medallion Market

….

quote:

We currently are beta-testing an exciting new enhancement for Princess guests. Several guests and travel advisors are participating in this preliminary phase. We look forward to sharing more details once the beta test concludes

45 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They ARE testing their Medallion Market

….

quote:

😲🙄