Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This newspeak using the word "glitch" all the time at PCL is driving me nuts.  These are not glitches - they are systemic bugs and screw ups.

Yes, they say glitches because it sounds better.  There’s nothing sudden or temporary about this error that they have caused.  

13 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

May I ask how MedallionNet looks on your app now?  Does it reflect your purchase?  Below is how mine looks now after the glitch.  Prior to that I thought it was grayed out and showed the confirmed purchase at $60 (12 night after 50% discount).  I'm regretting not taking a screenshot of that.

Screenshot_20220819-033027_MedallionClass.jpg.1e031b8a5984b3fc59fe6fac2253c0f9.jpg

Since I already purchased (4 devices), I don't see this screen anymore.  I see a list of 4 devices and they all said 'not connected'

2 minutes ago, babycutie said:

Since I already purchased (4 devices), I don't see this screen anymore.  I see a list of 4 devices and they all said 'not connected'

Your post contains the sales screen.  Now that you see 4 unconnected devices, looks like you are setup for now until get on the ship and can connect.

7 minutes ago, babycutie said:

After Medallion Net purchase, this is the screen I see when I click on Medallion Net (for those wondering what it supposed to look like after purchase)

20220820_002309000_iOS.jpg

Edited by babycutie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, babycutie said:

After Medallion Net purchase, this is the screen I see when I click on Medallion Net (for those wondering what it supposed to look like after purchase)

20220820_002309000_iOS.jpg

Now, when you get on the ship, you will sign in and connect to the internet.

Check your folio and see if they posted your 50% discount as OBC?

I have been un- successful in getting my Loyalty status on the app to reflect my Elite level.  I was thinking this was the reason I could not purchase Medallion Net at the 50% discount.  

After reading this thread complaining about not being able to get the discount,  this is a much larger issue than just my Loyalty level not properly reflected in the app.  

We cruise in October so am waiting and hoping this "glitch" gets corrected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HleeCruiser said:

I have been un- successful in getting my Loyalty status on the app to reflect my Elite level.  I was thinking this was the reason I could not purchase Medallion Net at the 50% discount.  

After reading this thread complaining about not being able to get the discount,  this is a much larger issue than just my Loyalty level not properly reflected in the app.  

We cruise in October so am waiting and hoping this "glitch" gets corrected.

Is the discount supposed to appear when you first click on Medallion Net and it lists the options, or after you click on buy plan (I was afraid to click the buy now because I'm not ready to buy 😄).?

47 minutes ago, donswife said:

Is the discount supposed to appear when you first click on Medallion Net and it lists the options, or after you click on buy plan (I was afraid to click the buy now because I'm not ready to buy 😄).?

Before. It should show you what your discounted price will be before you hit Buy.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, donswife said:

When you first click on it to review the two plan choices.

• Thanks 1

Mine is showing  regular prices even though we are Elite. We sail Oct. 4th . Awhile back it was showing the discounted rate, but I wasn’t sure our cruise was a go so I wanted to wait.  Still not sure.  Now just regular rates.   
   Is there a chance Princess wants it this way, so it looks like more $ coming in   They have had more than enough time to fix this so called  glitch.

5 hours ago, donswife said:

It shows the $9.99 per day rate for single device. I'll wait a week or 2, then check again.  Cruise is in October. 

3 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Mine is showing  regular prices even though we are Elite. We sail Oct. 4th . Awhile back it was showing the discounted rate, but I wasn’t sure our cruise was a go so I wanted to wait.  Still not sure.  Now just regular rates.   
   Is there a chance Princess wants it this way, so it looks like more $ coming in   They have had more than enough time to fix this so called  glitch.

We are also October so I am ever hopeful.  I could have also purchased at 50% off, but didn't want to spend the dollars in early August.

• Like 1

I'm a Platinum status and previously the Medallion Net fee showed $50 for my upcoming September 10 night cruise.  I didn't want to pay early, but with the cruise less than 3 weeks away figured I'd finally make the $50 payment.  However, today I see the cost is now $100.  I see on this forum I'm not the only one discovering this issue.  Well, at least I'm not alone in this issue.  I wonder, if it doesn't get resolved before boarding, can I get the Platinum discount rate on Ship?  How long has this been an issue?  Thanks.

I just can’t read through 153 pages…but my experience is that it’s a terrible, buggy, mostly unusable application.  I often wound up ona page that I could not “return” from…I had to kill the app on my iPhone and restart it.  My onboard account no longer shows (day 3 of a 14 day cruise on sky). Before cruise tried to book specialty restaurants and kept being told to check closer to cruise date.  Still couldn’t book the morning of the cruise.  Pretty clear that princess doesn’t want to pay to fix the app…and the folks on board get to handle all the complaints.  

4 hours ago, swdke said:

I'm a Platinum status and previously the Medallion Net fee showed $50 for my upcoming September 10 night cruise.  I didn't want to pay early, but with the cruise less than 3 weeks away figured I'd finally make the $50 payment.  However, today I see the cost is now $100.  I see on this forum I'm not the only one discovering this issue.  Well, at least I'm not alone in this issue.  I wonder, if it doesn't get resolved before boarding, can I get the Platinum discount rate on Ship?  How long has this been an issue?  Thanks.

Buy it before your cruise...even at full price. No telling if they'll honor the lower price, once you're on board. 🤞 They're supposed to give refundable OBC on the ship. 🤞

On 8/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, Steelers36 said:

We are also October so I am ever hopeful.  I could have also purchased at 50% off, but didn't want to spend the dollars in early August.

Do you think this was intentional? Forcing us to buy at 100% and then discount once OB in OBC? 
The old verbage is still on the website, in several places, even though they fixed it over 6 mos ago. IDK

On 8/18/2022 at 9:52 PM, babycutie said:

Yes I already purchased as I have a lot of things to wrap up before vacay and just wanted to check things off my list.  I didn't want to miss the pre-cruise price.

It does show up on my folio that I paid full price so I'm sure I can easily ask for OBC if it doesn't show OB.  I already have a lot of OBC so I would rather pay half price instead of getting more OBC, but not a big deal.
There's a lot of other glitches with the Medallion app too.  My husband could not add the same credit card that I added to my account.  It keeps saying the credit card is invalid. 

Another person in our group has credit for Specialty Restaurant, he booked CrownGrill with us (we also have free Specialty).  All went well and none of us had to pay.  Then a few hours later we all couldn't find the booking anywhere.  All got cancelled.  When we tried to book again, it forced 1 of us to pay.  We narrowed it down to him.  He called support, they just told him to book when he's on board.  Support isn't even trying to help him.  Very frustrating.

The app is garbage.

So, what happened OB?  Did you automatically get the 50% discount on your account?  What ship?

TIA

8 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

I thought I made dining reservations (Specialty) on the Medallion app.   It doesn’t seem to come up for me.   Does anyone know how we are supposed to view our reservations

1. Open the app

2. Make sure you are viewing the correct sailing 

3. Click on the left circle (has a clock and utensils)

4. Click the 2nd box (view or make individual reservations)

5. Click on the date at the top to see what you have reserved or make reservations for that day

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, what happened OB?  Did you automatically get the 50% discount on your account?  What ship?

TIA

My experience:  the 50% discount was applied on my account when we boarded the Grand Princess last month.  HTH!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

My experience:  the 50% discount was applied on my account when we boarded the Grand Princess last month.  HTH!

You didn’t have the 50% discount on the App when you booked it?  Or, did you wait  to purchase it OB?

I just had a call back from an agent at Princess.  She said if the App is not fixed by time of sailing, order at 100% and will get 50% Refundable OBC on board.  She was in a BIG hurry.  She said it is noted on the booking.  The thing for us is we are ordering $500 worth of internet (4-devices for 25 days), so $250 is a big number to be over-paying and have to recoup on board. 

I don't imagine she had an answer, but I didn't even get chance to ask her why I cannot order at 50% price OTP.  I will just be content to leave it until the day comes when I have to order and it still isn't working.

Edited by Steelers36

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You didn’t have the 50% discount on the App when you booked it?  Or, did you wait  to purchase it OB?

Not for that cruise, no.  In the ever-consistent inconsistency that is the Medallion Class app, one leg of our back-to-back offered the MedallionNet package at full price and the Elite 50% rate was offered on the second leg.  🤔

ETA: I received the 50% OBC discount for the pre-purchase full price and did not wait to book onboard.  I did a quick experiment to “purchase” MedallionNet once onboard using DH’s Elite and noted it was higher than what I had paid.  Regretfully, I did not make note of the actual price difference.

Edited by kamelia