Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 4/5/2023 at 8:44 PM, Thrak said:

??????

Definitely agree with @wowzz regarding getting on and off of the ship. I have no idea why someone would think they needed their phone or the app to do this as it is solely a function of the physical medallion. Very confusing...

True after I posted it I realiased the phone wasn't used but seen as how I now have to close the iPhone to get the App to work (twice yesterday) I guess I was recalling the medallion wouldn't recognise me and now again before I get on the ship the App is as bad as before.

5 hours ago, dbeckett said:

True after I posted it I realiased the phone wasn't used but seen as how I now have to close the iPhone to get the App to work (twice yesterday) I guess I was recalling the medallion wouldn't recognise me and now again before I get on the ship the App is as bad as before.

That's very interesting....and I am sure very frustrating. I really do not know much at all about technology....but wondering if the problem has anything to do with the SIM card or a particular device setting on your UK phone??

You mentioned in another post about some noticeable differences from Princess between UK and North America....I would be interested in understanding what some of those are....and I wonder about the "why" of it all?

Greetings one to you and peace!

I just received word that the Medallions for our upcoming (April 27-May 10) Panama cruise were shipped. At one time, these were sent to us via Fed-Ex. While it seemed rather extravagant and wasteful (but nobody on the committee asked me), nonetheless, extremely reliable. Now, I see they are sending it via shipping partner 4PX Express USA who is responsible for getting it to USPS for home delivery. God help us all.

A day ago I had a cruise rebooked for a lower fare. Will the app reflect our new booking number eventually on its own, or do I have to do something to change the booking number? Thank you.

1 minute ago, 1965 said:

A day ago I had a cruise rebooked for a lower fare. Will the app reflect our new booking number eventually on its own, or do I have to do something to change the booking number? Thank you.

The system should "catch up" with itself if your booking number stayed the same. Or did it change? If it changed, you may need to "find" it on the app with your new booking number.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

Yes.  Give the system a couple of days.

4 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

The system should "catch up" with itself if your booking number stayed the same. Or did it change? If it changed, you may need to "find" it on the app with your new booking number.

NO.  Don't mess with the App attempting to link the new booking number.  The cancelled voyage will drop off and the new one will appear if guest patiently waits.  (Or there is some big data issue, but don't bother trying to "link a booking").

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes.  Give the system a couple of days.

NO.  Don't mess with the App attempting to link the new booking number.  The cancelled voyage will drop off and the new one will appear if guest patiently waits.  (Or there is some big data issue, but don't bother trying to "link a booking").

That's good to know. I have a cancelled booking that won't disappear...but that cancelled booking became the same itinerary (just a different date) aboard the Sun Princess. I keep waiting for the cancelled one to drop...but it has been several, several months now and it's still there.

4 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

That's good to know. I have a cancelled booking that won't disappear...but that cancelled booking became the same itinerary (just a different date) aboard the Sun Princess. I keep waiting for the cancelled one to drop...but it has been several, several months now and it's still there.

There is something going on with Sun Princess bookings that seems to be outside of the other issues I continue to experience with the app.  I've been trying to get Ocean Ready myself, and it has been leading to the "Link Booking" dead end or "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again later."  Two days ago, though, this screen popped up when attempting to try the web version - not something I'd seen before personally or seen posted about here. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fcf3ca1989a378746c1aa82287989d5c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

There is something going on with Sun Princess bookings that seems to be outside of the other issues I continue to experience with the app.  I've been trying to get Ocean Ready myself, and it has been leading to the "Link Booking" dead end or "Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service.  Try again later."  Two days ago, though, this screen popped up when attempting to try the web version - not something I'd seen before personally or seen posted about here. 

image.thumb.jpeg.fcf3ca1989a378746c1aa82287989d5c.jpeg

Very interesting.....🤔 I will check out the web version and see what's what!!  On the MedallianApp, Sun Princess is missing on the vessel name associated with the new booking...and we get various error messages or try again later, too. We haven't finished paying it off yet but will by August. Poverty sucks but we're grateful for being able to make monthly payments interest free. 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

In that case I would contact the Princess App support team and see if they can solve the problem.  It reads like another corrupt data issue.  And , YES, try web version if not done so already.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

Very interesting.....🤔 I will check out the web version and see what's what!!  On the MedallianApp, Sun Princess is missing on the vessel name associated with the new booking...and we get various error messages or try again later, too. We haven't finished paying it off yet but will by August. Poverty sucks but we're grateful for being able to make monthly payments interest free. 🤣

I'm curious to know if you have tried to book any shore excursions.  So far, when I attempt to put one in my cart, that prompts 🚫 and "Guests with a errors" (sic) and, interestingly, our Aussie cruisin' buddies who are also booked on this itinerary with us don't see any shore excursions listed.  Not the first time we've seen differences between our North American and their Australian booking systems, but I don't remember that affecting shore excursion options, just the currency. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I'm curious to know if you have tried to book any shore excursions.  So far, when I attempt to put one in my cart, that prompts 🚫 and "Guests with a errors" (sic) and, interestingly, our Aussie cruisin' buddies who are also booked on this itinerary with us don't see any shore excursions listed.  Not the first time we've seen differences between our North American and their Australian booking systems, but I don't remember that affecting shore excursion options, just the currency. 

The system doesn't seem to allow it....perhaps because Sun Princess isn't completely finished being built?? They don't list the dining venues...it says to come back later. We can "see" excursions for all the ports....we have identified one for our first stop but we haven't tried paying for it yet. I'm sure we'll be giving it a try soon and will keep you posted.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, HiCCCs said:

Now, I see they are sending it via shipping partner 4PX Express USA who is responsible for getting it to USPS for home delivery. God help us all.

When the mail truck is stuck in the snow, this is what they throw under the wheels.

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2023 at 1:40 PM, Honolulu Blue said:

I wasn't planning to go (yes, I bookmarked it, but I bookmark lots of things that I'm only slightly interested in), but since you asked nicely... why not?  It's a sea day on the way to Cozumel.  I'll probably have eaten breakfast by then and will need things to kill time until the afternoon.  I'll let others do the Zumba thing.  Maybe I'll learn something.

I attended this seminar this morning and will report on it here, because promises are for keeping.

Only about 15 people attended in a lounge that could hold far more. A gentleman named Mario hosted. He covered the Medallion and its app, how to set it up (for both Apple and Android devices), and how to navigate the various sections of the app. Here are some slides that I found especially helpful:

IMG_20230410_090325.thumb.jpg.2753582b3927b7486a8298dac3d88e1a.jpg

IMG_20230410_091423.thumb.jpg.6736f47c3416a479fc7abdc7527eb3d9.jpg

IMG_20230410_091956.thumb.jpg.69f7328930607be85654665028df10b0.jpg

IMG_20230410_093618.thumb.jpg.5245f3a5ac6b68091569423bdaa1fa59.jpg

Mario actually fixed a setting for me on my phone. My phone MAC was defaulting to random and he changed it to device. I didn't notice any difference after that, but maybe it will prevent some problems down the line.

Overall I thought it was worth the 45 minutes of my life it took up. Maybe take a look for it on your next Princess cruise?

IMG_20230410_091815.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I attended this seminar this morning and will report on it here, because promises are for keeping.

Only about 15 people attended in a lounge that could hold far more. A gentleman named Mario hosted. He covered the Medallion and its app, how to set it up (for both Apple and Android devices), and how to navigate the various sections of the app. Here are some slides that I found especially helpful:

IMG_20230410_090325.thumb.jpg.2753582b3927b7486a8298dac3d88e1a.jpg

IMG_20230410_091423.thumb.jpg.6736f47c3416a479fc7abdc7527eb3d9.jpg

IMG_20230410_091956.thumb.jpg.69f7328930607be85654665028df10b0.jpg

IMG_20230410_093618.thumb.jpg.5245f3a5ac6b68091569423bdaa1fa59.jpg

Mario actually fixed a setting for me on my phone. My phone MAC was defaulting to random and he changed it to device. I didn't notice any difference after that, but maybe it will prevent some problems down the line.

Overall I thought it was worth the 45 minutes of my life it took up. Maybe take a look for it on your next Princess cruise?

IMG_20230410_091815.jpg

Thank you for doing that. Those pictures are GREAT! You have a sharp camera--and you're good!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

Thank you for doing that. Those pictures are GREAT! You have a sharp camera--and you're good!!!

You're welcome. The camera's not so hot and the cameraman is worse, but thanks for the kind words. I think I'll keep the outtakes to myself. 🤪

Ocean ready will not accept my credit card.  It’s a Costco visa and keeps saying invalid # ( it works fine everywhere else).  I have tired it several times over the last few weeks, same result.  Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

Ocean ready will not accept my credit card.  It’s a Costco visa and keeps saying invalid # ( it works fine everywhere else).  I have tired it several times over the last few weeks, same result.  Any ideas?

If you are copying and pasting the number there may well be an extra space at the beginning or end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Totally off topic: I have all 156 episodes of the original Twilight Zone on my phone and my tablet. Interesting watching on long plane rides. 😁

Having the stuffing scared out of me watching "To Serve Man" at a very young and impressionable age probably explains a lot about my deep-rooted skepticism 🤭

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kamelia said:

Having the stuffing scared out of me watching "To Serve Man" at a very young and impressionable age probably explains a lot about my deep-rooted skepticism 🤭

It's a COOKBOOK!!!

• Haha 1