protocols for Harmony out of Barcelona?

The cancellation email is a bit confusing - only the first two cruises in august are cancelled (currently) - the last three are still on.

The email mentions that all cruises up until end of august were cancelled fleetwide - however it doesn’t make it clear that these last three are some of the exceptions to this worldwide. 

8 hours ago, ukrccl_a said:

The cancellation email is a bit confusing - only the first two cruises in august are cancelled (currently) - the last three are still on.

The email mentions that all cruises up until end of august were cancelled fleetwide - however it doesn’t make it clear that these last three are some of the exceptions to this worldwide. 

Which email was that? The one that @Pandamonia posted part of earlier in the thread clearly says they're cancelling *some* cruises through August 31st, not all. It just so happened that his/her cruises were among those affected. Did you receive something different? 

18 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Unless you embark in Rome as pointed out above. 

HI - My DH and I are booked on the October TA on Harmony of the Seas to Florida.

We are double vaccinated and ready to sail out of Barcelona>. Just noticed Royal is not running Meet and Mingles at present.

7 hours ago, long4acruise said:

@Steeler Nation At Sea Would you mind sharing or recommend the company you have your policy with? Thanks

I use Geoblue Trekker Choice.  The "included language" in my policy specifically excludes coverage that meets Royal's new requirements, so I don't think you'd want my exact coverage as I prefer to self insure my travel expense coverage anyway, using what's available through the credit card to supplement.  I took one international trip where even coverage for Covid medical treatment  was excluded and bought a single trip policy that did.  Covid medical coverage was added early this year to my policy.  I understand quarantine reimbursements are often done through the travel delay clause in policies that offer it, provided you have tested positive or had primary exposure.

5 hours ago, NancyEllen01 said:

HI - My DH and I are booked on the October TA on Harmony of the Seas to Florida.

We are double vaccinated and ready to sail out of Barcelona>. Just noticed Royal is not running Meet and Mingles at present.

Hope to see you onboard!  Come join the rollcall.

Wow, even have to wear mask outside on the ship. That sucks! On the Boardwalk and even while watching a Aqua show and sun bathing on pool deck.

"All guests 6 years and older must wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor public spaces, unless seated and actively eating or drinking or sitting beside the pool. Masks are not required in your stateroom if you are with your own travel party. Masks are not permitted in the pool or for any activity where they could become wet."

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, even have to wear mask outside on the ship. That sucks! On the Boardwalk and even while watching a Aqua show and sun bathing on pool deck.

"All guests 6 years and older must wear a mask in all indoor and outdoor public spaces, unless seated and actively eating or drinking or sitting beside the pool. Masks are not required in your stateroom if you are with your own travel party. Masks are not permitted in the pool or for any activity where they could become wet."

That’s exactly the same mask policy as Jewel from Cyprus. Her first sailing is tomorrow. We will see what actually happens.

Spanish rules say masks do not have to be worn outdoors if a distance of 1.5 meters can be observed. So RCI are not following the country’s guidelines.

Got my email this morning. I'm not thrilled with the mask policy but it may be being mandated by one or more of the governments of the countries visited on the cruise (Spain, France and Italy). I have my fingers crossed it might have been revised by the time we sail at the end of September, or that there will be spaces onboard for "vaccinated-only", like on Freedom, where masks won't be required. At least vaccinated passengers will be able to go ashore independently rather than being limited to Royal's shore excursions, which are less than inspiring and not at all reasonably priced.

They still haven't mentioned what the protocols are from Rome, but really how can they be any different besides maybe different set of tests needed to enter the country and to board the ship.............All onboard protocols have to be the same I would guess.

What a PITA for people  if you wanted to do 3 or 4 day pre cruise land tour  yourselves. Means you would need to finding testing places in Italy if results needed to be 48 hours before boarding ship.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

what a PITA for people  if you wanted to do 3 or 4 day pre cruise land tour  yourselves

I’m fine with masks if that’s what it takes to get me on my Oct 10 cruise, but I am worried about figuring out all the testing stuff since we’ll be in Paris before the cruise and Venice afterwards. And we transit through the UK on our way home. We’re hoping the U.S. drops the test requirement to renter the country because I’m worried about finding a test in Venice. 

10 hours ago, meghan74 said:

I’m fine with masks if that’s what it takes to get me on my Oct 10 cruise, but I am worried about figuring out all the testing stuff since we’ll be in Paris before the cruise and Venice afterwards. And we transit through the UK on our way home. We’re hoping the U.S. drops the test requirement to renter the country because I’m worried about finding a test in Venice. 

I don't think that you will have difficulty finding a testing site. Ask your hotel.. Check the airport as a last resort.  Many offer them but you do pay for that convenience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

Is there any chance this cruise will sail?

We are due to pay our final payment for 19 September cruise.

With the situation in Italy not quite sure.

It's not really possible to say 100% that it will but there are European lines sailing in and around Italy at the moment and Harmony is correctly positioned on this side of the pond, so I would say it probably has a good chance of sailing.

Ask yourself if you want to be on it if it does sail. If the answer is yes then your only option is to make final payment. If you do pay and ultimately it is cancelled by Royal you will get your money back and possibly be given other options as well, such as 125% FCC or L&S. However, if you are unsure and hesitating, you have the option of cancelling now under Cruise With Confidence and getting your deposit back as an FCC.

On 7/1/2021 at 6:12 AM, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I use Geoblue Trekker Choice.  The "included language" in my policy specifically excludes coverage that meets Royal's new requirements, so I don't think you'd want my exact coverage as I prefer to self insure my travel expense coverage anyway, using what's available through the credit card to supplement.  I took one international trip where even coverage for Covid medical treatment  was excluded and bought a single trip policy that did.  Covid medical coverage was added early this year to my policy.  I understand quarantine reimbursements are often done through the travel delay clause in policies that offer it, provided you have tested positive or had primary exposure

We also use GEO Blue Trekker.  What does it not cover that Royal requires?  It does have a paragraph stating it will cover Covid medical expenses.  

6 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

With the situation in Italy not quite sure.

Which situation in Italy???? Italy has a 7 day number of 13.8, UK has 333.9. You should be more concerned about Barcelona / Spain which has currently 433 for Barcelona (Spain: 223.8). Barcelona shut down the beaches and clubs once more.

But... there´s a lot of time til August 15th when the first cruise is to start from Barcelona. And there´s more time til September 19th when your cruise is to start. Lots of things can change... And no one can tell you right now what might be going on in August or September.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

So guys and girls. With the windjammer closed for evening meal on these sailings, does anyone know if the dress code is relaxed a little for the MDR's. My neice and father in law hate looking, ermmm smart. Prefer shorts as hes a body builder or my neice, ripped jeans......

6 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We also use GEO Blue Trekker.  What does it not cover that Royal requires?  It does have a paragraph stating it will cover Covid medical expenses.  

Quarantine costs to the extent that Royal requires, from what I could tell.  I was responding to some comment about the Florida cruise requirements, not Barcelona specifically.

I made a trip to South Africa in May and for a while last fall, South Africa had similar language in their entry rules. I have yet to actually find a policy that provides full cost of quarantine coverage.  SA dropped the requirement of proof of coverage so I ended my search. 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

1 hour ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Quarantine costs to the extent that Royal requires, from what I could tell.  I was responding to some comment about the Florida cruise requirements, not Barcelona specifically.

I made a trip to South Africa in May and for a while last fall, South Africa had similar language in their entry rules. I have yet to actually find a policy that provides full cost of quarantine coverage.  SA dropped the requirement of proof of coverage so I ended my search. 

I received notification from MedJet today that they now cover Covid19 worldwide.  Nice to know if for whatever reason one got very sick and wanted to get home.

I will check with our CC company to see if they might cover quarantine expenses.  It's Chase Sapphire and they have some great travel protections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

I received notification from MedJet today that they now cover Covid19 worldwide.  Nice to know if for whatever reason one got very sick and wanted to get home.

I will check with our CC company to see if they might cover quarantine expenses.  It's Chase Sapphire and they have some great travel protections.

Yes, I have a little bit of delay/interruption (would provide for quarantine) on my cc and a little bit more on my GEOBlue, but, typically "self-insure" the difference for the travel expenses themselves and would take the same approach for quarantine expenses, should I ever incur any.

Good news about MedJet.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea