Lift & Shift question

I am booked on the Brilliance out of Tampa on 9/27/21.  I would be happy to L&S to next year if necessary, but now it looks like that would not be possible.  The Port of Tampa calendar shows no ships sailing until November 1 this year, and next year there are no 4-night cruises out of Tampa until October 25.  This doesn’t look good for me, does it?  Any options I am not aware of?

4 minutes ago, Sobro said:

The rule under my L&S was it had to be within 4 weeks of one year from the original sailing date. October 25 looks to be within that rule.

The past few cancellations the time has been shorted to one year plus or minus 2 weeks no longer 4 week leeway

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I believe they did in the past allow you to pick another 4 day sailing from another Florida port. That was done on some people's L & S 's

Oh, good, I hope that will be the case!  We told ourselves that four day cruises just aren’t long enough and we will quit booking them, but they are so easy and provide a nice break.  

7 minutes ago, Sobro said:

The rule under my L&S was it had to be within 4 weeks of one year from the original sailing date. October 25 looks to be within that rule.

I originally thought it might barely qualify (four weeks to the day) under the old rules, but I think it is down to two weeks now.  We would really like to sail from Tampa, though,  since we moved during the pandemic and are now an hour from the port.

42 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

When they canceled our Brilliance cruise I did try to lift and shift to another port.  No joy.  I ended up taking the FCC.

I think I will pass on the FCC.  I took only one, for a cruise that I had booked in May 2019.  It was issued in the name of my late SO (who died in 2017, so there was no way his name was ever on the booking).  Then the name was corrected and it was issued for the wrong amount of money and applied to a cruise it was not eligible to be used for (due to date).  They have been working on correcting the amount since early April.  So if I can’t lift and shift, a refund will definitely be my choice!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, molly361 said:

Like Jimbo said they may let you take a four night from a different port

Unless something has changed, (some things always change), your cruise just has to be a Caribbean cruise, port doesn't matter.  I booked a cruise out of Puerto Rico specifically because it was less expensive,  then L&S'd 10 minutes later to Harmony out of Port Canaveral.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maureencruiser said:

Unless something has changed, (some things always change), your cruise just has to be a Caribbean cruise, port doesn't matter.  I booked a cruise out of Puerto Rico specifically because it was less expensive,  then L&S'd 10 minutes later to Harmony out of Port Canaveral.  

Yes, things have changed.

The wide open lift and shift ended Jan 31, 2021 and now lift and shift is only offered if Royal cancels and the conditions are much more restrictive

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We lifted and shifted recently and it was far more restrictive. Limited to a two week time window and the agent actually reviewed each port in the itinerary so I'm going to assume they have a threshold for differences now. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, things have changed.

The wide open lift and shift ended Jan 31, 2021 and now lift and shift is only offered if Royal cancels and the conditions are much more restrictive

Ah, that's what I figured.  Does it have to be out of the same port?

On 6/30/2021 at 8:59 PM, maureencruiser said:

They are looking for You oh MCS 19 Sept Roll Call

• Like 1

I don't think Royal had officially canceled the OP sailing yet so really you can't do anything. Can't go by what you are reading about the Port of Tampa still being closed or not. That could easily change before her sailing.

So right now still in a holding pattern, they want you final payment first before they tell you anything.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I don't think Royal had officially canceled the OP sailing yet so really you can't do anything. Can't go by what you are reading about the Port of Tampa still being closed or not. That could easily change before her sailing.

So right now still in a holding pattern, they want you final payment first before they tell you anything.

OP here.  No cancellations yet, final payment due on the 10th.  We will wait until after the TA webinar tomorrow (if they have one) and then make the payment.  

1 hour ago, Cruising Grandma 13 said:

We did a Lift & Shift on our cancelled June 2021 cruise to June 2022..  It had to be out of the same port and the same class ship as the original booking.  

Oh same class of ship now as well as port, itinerary and a two week window. Interesting. They really have tightened the restrictions. 

I don't think itinerary was an issue.  The cancelled cruise was Symphony out of Miami and I wanted to do Harmony out of Pt. Canaveral.  I couldn't do the Lift & Shift to Harmony because it was out of a different port.  However, I was able to keep the Symphony sailing for June 2022 with the 3 Jr. Suites that were originally booked.  I'll just do Harmony in 2023.