Live Horizon July 4th. John Heald. We are back!

3 hours ago, mlshum said:

Can you use your “free drink” coupon for a milkshake later in the cruise?

Don't  know.  I have had Cheers on the last 4 cruises I have been on Carnival.   2019 & 2018 Horizon, 2015 Freedom, 2013 Breeze.

3 hours ago, mlshum said:

The non alcoholic variety of milkshake.  We’re not drinkers and i’ve never gotten a milkshake on a cruise.  I don’t usually use my free drink coupon.

I know you can use it on an espresso or cappuccino.   Back in 2013 before coffee was added to Cheers, we got cappuccinos at the Sea Day Brunch and used our vouchers.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

They have a coffee and chocolate ice cream milkshake with a shot of espresso. Mocha-Java Rev-Up.  Included with Cheers. 

I'll have to remember this.  It sounds delicious.

While not a milkshake, I really like the Mocha Chocolate Getaway.  But I am definitely going to need to give the Mocha-Java Rev-Up a try!

11 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

I'm sure they will. There will be growing pains and constant changes while they fire this all back up. 

Think about how many of these people had been doing it day in day out for months or years on end and were in a solid groove....then it all stopped.

So teams are likely switched up a bit, teams broken up, many didn't come back, on and on...

They will first need to find their footing and then their groove

I read some complaints from a popular sub cruising group and there were similar complaints. They didn't paint as rosy of a picture and were a bit more raw in their criticisms but I think it all boils down to new staff and everyone trying to get their grove back.  

5 hours ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

There are currently 2 S coins.  We are letting the inexperienced play until we swoop in later to get it. 😆 

Yeah.    You need someone else to push that S all the way to the side so you can bring it home to papa!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

I'll have to remember this.  It sounds delicious.

While not a milkshake, I really like the Mocha Chocolate Getaway.  But I am definitely going to need to give the Mocha-Java Rev-Up a try!

And the alcoholic version omits the chocolate ice cream and adds Bailey's.  So it's Bailey's, coffee ice cream and espresso.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Damn! You all are making me thirsting for a milkshake which I LOVE! Do they make specialty milkshakes in the Alchemy Bar with all the fixings? For adults you understand. 

NO, blenders are against the law at Alchemy.   The Shake Spot on the newer ships is where the alcoholic shakes come into play.   Covered with Cheers, otherwise 8.00.

9 hours ago, Anung Un Rama said:

I didn't see this answered but I know Anna Marie is the main Alchemy Bartender on the Horizon.  I've sailed with her a few times and she's one of my favorites.  I did not recognize any of the other staff from her posts.

This just made my day! She took our last Horizon cruise to the next level.  So excited for August 1st!

13 hours ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

Sea day brunch.  More coffee, yes. Paul always gets the attention from staff with the Bayern shirt.  They all love to talk soccer. 

Did they offer any popovers at Brunch?  In the past it was only offered for part of the brunch ,think prior to noon.  One of my favorite items at brunch along with the steak.

5 hours ago, sunshine002 said:

Did they offer any popovers at Brunch?  In the past it was only offered for part of the brunch ,think prior to noon.  One of my favorite items at brunch along with the steak.

Sorry didn’t notice.  It’s really difficult to check out the menu when Paul is hogging my phone lol.  I usually order from memory

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, sunshine002 said:

I don't seem to be remember popovers at brunch. Are the part of the pastry basket that you can order? That's the only thing that I remember.

23 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Man I was the last of my family to get a cell phone (and that was circa 2008).  Would only agree if we gave up the landline in return.  

Never looked back & I am getting grayer by the day.  You basically HAVE to have some form of cell (hopefully smart) phone at this point to communicate (text, pics, directions).  Hopefully if you can afford a cruise, you can afford a cell phone (even a Tracfone).

Just a point of reference on the directions.  I was in a local pharmacy the other day.  An elderly couple could not find a local attraction & I was telling the gentleman turn-by-turn instructions (all of 2 turns but about 4 miles). I did ask if they had a smartphone & the answer was “no”.  I almost had them follow me there but was on lunch from work. I worried about their safety at that point but saw they made the first turn safely.  

To me, Google Maps alone are worth the cost of cell phone + amortized purchase service.

I am 110% behind you !!  I have the unusual situation where I married a man 15 years younger than me, so HIS parents are only 6-7 years older than me.  They are worse than tech illiterate, they are tech PHOBIC.  I don't know how they survive day to day, I just know that they frustrate me because they are not teachable. And all they do is complain if they are forced by us to deal with FaceTime, or texting, or digital photos, or even opening an E-card !  I was born in 1953, when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, but if I ever get as inflexible and obstreperous as they are, I hope my husband gives me a swift kick in the butt to get me back into the present, because it's not 1960 anymore.  And aging gracefully should still be FUN and EXCITING, and in my case occasionally result in unusual hair colors.  Just saying.

Warm regards,

Kristine (NOT a cougar)

• Like 8
  • Haha 2