Live Horizon July 4th. John Heald. We are back!

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Is this a inside joke? I've been to seven mile beach in caymans. Does grenda have one with same name?

Granada's beach is called Grand Anse, not seven mile.

When I started cruising back in the 1970s, Grenada was frequently a port of call.

The Grand Anse beach was a beautiful beach, but one was hounded by the locals to buy something or have your hair beaded. They would even come into the water after you.

Nothing could be left on the beach unguarded or it would be gone within a few seconds.

1 minute ago, Homosassa said:

When I started cruising back in the 1970s, Grenada was frequently a port of call.

The Grand Anse beach was a beautiful beach, but one was hounded by the locals to buy something or have your hair beaded. They would even come into the water after you.

Nothing could be left on the beach unguarded or it would be gone within a few seconds.

I know that. That's why I asked lol... it said seven mile beach grenda .. .nevermind, it was already discussed. And I used google before I posted to verify there was no seven mile beach there. So yes I know the name of the beach there as well lol. It's ok, thanks. That's what I get for trying to gently be nice correcting .

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Question on the dinner menus…did they still have the sides section on the menu where you can order potato or veggies in addition to the plated meal?  Haven’t seen it in any photos butmost can barely fit the entree section

Yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

It’s that time.  

C2311F0B-F646-4563-AC1C-BCA11D433D1C.jpeg

If you're like us, around day 3 or 4 you're thinking "ahhh, this is a nice loonnnngg cruise", then when you get the farewell and pack-up-and-get-out stuff you're suddenly in shock like "OMG IT WENT SOOOOO FAST!"

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

Anyone doing B2B must get a covid test at 8am in the terminal and then remain in the terminal till 11am to board.

Does Carnival cover the cost of this or is the cost borne by the passengers?

• Like 1

How were the crowds on the ship being it was only at about 70-75 capacity? We sailed the Horizon in August 2018 and it was slammed packed. Only downside to the cruise were the crowds. Almost impossible to get into a comedy show "having to show up an hour prior" and the same with evening shows. With that said it was still our best cruise. We are in the Havana again so I am not to worried about the pool decks. We always have to sail in August because my wife is a teacher so were used to ships sailing at capacity. The thought of not having it packed is nice. Thanks for the review. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Royal is the line that separated vaccinated and unvaccinated for meals.  Carnival chose to require exemptions for unvaccinated to keep the percentage under 5%. Royal let all unvaccinated people cruise.

True.  I think a hybrid of both would have been ideal.  I’m glad for the 95% but we will not know who are unvaxed passengers as I’m positive they will not be wearing masks. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

1 minute ago, SheSailsFL said:

True.  I think a hybrid of both would have been ideal.  I’m glad for the 95% but we will not know who are unvaxed passengers as I’m positive they will not be wearing masks. 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️

Sure you will I am willing to bet almost 100% of them are going to be under 12. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Your right!! very tired yesterday and put down the wrong name...However it's still one of my favorites..

and the People of Grenada are still thankful to us for helping them out back in the 80's

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

I hope so.  Just concerned what an outbreak would do to the industry.  And I would be willing to bet if an adult antivaxer manages to get on board, they won’t be wearing a mask. 

Then it's on them

They rolled the dice and crapped out.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SheSailsFL said:

I hope so.  Just concerned what an outbreak would do to the industry.  And I would be willing to bet if an adult antivaxer manages to get on board, they won’t be wearing a mask. 

There are going to be positive cases, in some cases false positives with the inaccuracy of testing. Adventure had two children test positive when they debarked and things kept moving. This isn't March 2020 the ships are set up to handle this. With carnival sailing at 95% vaccinated an "outbreak" is not going to happen. Carnival is doing the right thing and August 1st cant come soon enough. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1