OBC after shifts and cancellations and such

SRF

We booked a 12 night for April 2020, suite booking, on board, so lots of OBC.  Got cancelled due to the sale of Grandeur.  We rebooked to March sailing.  Supposedly we kept the OBC.

Covid came, we lift and shifted to April 2021 cruise.  Supposedly kept the OBC.  Did final payment, RCI canceled, and we took the FCC (with the 25% bonus).

Cruise got canceled.  Rebooked to a Spring 2022 repositioning on Grandeur (Barbados to Galveston) using the FCC from the cancelled cruise.

So the question is, should I still have the OBC from the original booking????

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Did final payment, RCI canceled, and we took the FCC (with the 25% bonus).

Think you lose the OBC when you took the the FCC with 25% bonus.

OBC travels with original booking reservation number, once you lost that OBC disappears.

Edited by Jimbo

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Think you lose the OBC when you took the the FCC with 25% bonus.

OBC travels with original booking reservation number, once you lost that OBC disappears.

We have many cruises with the 125% OBC.  If it was an OBC for booking onboard or something like that it follows.  Cannot tell you the number of times I have made sure my OBC followed from cruise to cruise. So totally depends on the type of OBC it is

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

We have many cruises with the 125% OBC.  If it was an OBC for booking onboard or something like that it follows.  Cannot tell you the number of times I have made sure my OBC followed from cruise to cruise. So totally depends on the type of OBC it is

So do these FCC have confirmation numbers? I wasn't aware they did, have never recieved one so far. I guess they must if you are saying the OBC transfers with it?

Edited by Jimbo

6 hours ago, SRF said:

IIt depends on what the OBC was from.

If it was from a redeployment, guest relations issue or next cruise booking then it can be moved.  If it was promotional then it is lost.  If it was from a TA then it is up to the TA to decide on whether it will carry through

• Like 3

I did the lift and shift for our cruise that was cancelled this past April. I had a choice the L&S, refund or FCC at 125%.

I had lots of OBC and the only way I would be able to keep it was the L&S and that had to be basically the same cruise and 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after. For me that was not a issue at all. So we didn't lose anything. We even received refund for what I believe was some kind of port charge.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

IIt depends on what the OBC was from.

If it was from a redeployment, guest relations issue or next cruise booking then it can be moved.  If it was promotional then it is lost.  If it was from a TA then it is up to the TA to decide on whether it will carry through

Hello,

I don't expect you to remember, but we exchanged about this last year - and we (TA & I) are still fighting for NextCruise OBC to be reapplied. We got as far as the Guest Relations Manager EMEA in the UK who said it 'should' be re applied and would get one of his staff to do it. We then, despite you kindly sending a quote from the TA's FAQ, got told by the staffer that the GRM was wrong to say that, but as he had then it would be done. That individual has left the scene and we are having to start all over again.

It makes me want to weep.

Regards,

Cublet

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So do these FCC have confirmation numbers? I wasn't aware they did, have never recieved one so far. I guess they must if you are saying the OBC transfers with it?

no FCC.  It was just on a cruise that got canceled or I lifted and shifted.  Even if it was one they canceled and I got FCC for the cruise, I was able to have the move the OBC associated with that canceled cruise to my new cruise that I used the FCC on.  So the OBC does not have an FCC associated with it, you just have to tell them you had OBC that can be transferred and have them move it to the new cruise.  

2 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't expect you to remember, but we exchanged about this last year - and we (TA & I) are still fighting for NextCruise OBC to be reapplied. We got as far as the Guest Relations Manager EMEA in the UK who said it 'should' be re applied and would get one of his staff to do it. We then, despite you kindly sending a quote from the TA's FAQ, got told by the staffer that the GRM was wrong to say that, but as he had then it would be done. That individual has left the scene and we are having to start all over again.

It makes me want to weep.

Regards,

Cublet

I do remember that.  That is terrible thst you are still fighting for that OBC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

no FCC.  It was just on a cruise that got canceled or I lifted and shifted.  Even if it was one they canceled and I got FCC for the cruise, I was able to have the move the OBC associated with that canceled cruise to my new cruise that I used the FCC on.  So the OBC does not have an FCC associated with it, you just have to tell them you had OBC that can be transferred and have them move it to the new cruise.  

So you can only move the OBC if you change to a new cruise if you select another cruise at the same time the FCC is issued, Is that how it works?

So if you are just holding 3 of 4 FCC and have yet to change them to another new cruises you lose the OBC, is thta corret?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

So you can only move the OBC if you change to a new cruise if you select another cruise at the same time the FCC is issued, Is that how it works?

So if you are just holding 3 of 4 FCC and have yet to change them to another new cruises you lose the OBC, is thta corret?

It has been a while since I used them.  But I think I could use the OBC on any cruise I wanted, whether I used an FCC or not.

So it seems that even with all the promotions to not take refunds, the answer is, maybe, and it is solely up to RCI.

I wonder why I continue with this company.  Except I have so much invested in attaining status.

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No, If the OBC qualifies and your cruise has been cancelled you can have it moved to any cruise. I had OBC on 2 cruises 4/2020 that were suspended . I had  the OBC moved to 2 cruises in 10/2022 and used the FCC's on  3 other cruises on different dates in 9/2021 and 11/2021. The OBC does not have to be used on the same cruise as the FCC.

We lost 12 cruises so far, but have 22 booked between 9/2021 and 12/2022 so we have a lot of places to move thing around. 

I have had numerous bookings with onboard Credits attached to them either as an Onboard Booking Bonus or some Redeployment situation. These have moved around and around as those cruises were cancelled. They will not let you transfer your cancelled  reservation number to a new cruise. To retain your OBC you must keep track of the last reservation number that had the OBC and ask to have that OBC applied when making a new reservation. I watch these like a hawk every time I make or change a reservation, as they could easily be lost.

• Like 1

My TA checked with RCI.

It seems that once the FCC from the cancelled cruise it used to pay for the new cruise, the OBC will transfer.

I expect this to not occur automatically. 😄

1 hour ago, SRF said:

My TA checked with RCI.

It seems that once the FCC from the cancelled cruise it used to pay for the new cruise, the OBC will transfer.

I expect this to not occur automatically. 😄

On Board credit, whether from Cruise planner OBC or other OBC that is moveable does not follow through automatically and has nothing to do with the FCC and can be moved independently of that.

29 minutes ago, SRF said:

This was OBC from booking onboard.  And it was for a 12 night suite booking, so a substantial amount.

And I just quoting what my TA was told by RCI.

I can tell you from first hand experience in moving many of these for clients they have nothing to do with the FCC and can be moved at any time and to any booking.  I don't doubt what your TA told you and I suspect that was indeed what they were told by Royal however they were given incorerect information