Judge Denied CDC request to keep Covid-19 Cruising restrictions.

33 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

My point was that the narrative keeps focusing on Airlines providing an essential service without acknowledging that they werent mandated to ONLY provide for essential travel during this Pandemic but instead were open to everyone not just essential travellers who would make up an extremely small percentage of an Airplanes passenger count thereby negating the argument that Airlines dont spread COVID as much as a cruise ship would.  COVID did not spread by cruise ship in the beginning but by Air Travel.  Im not arguing the fact that Cruise Travel isnt essential travel just that the definition of an essential traveller was not applied to Airlines in the same way it was applied to Cruise Lines. 

Thanks for clarifying. It's spilled milk at this point but I can see your angle.  

1 minute ago, cruisingguy007 said:

As much as I love cruising, if I HAD to make the hard decision on which travel to restrict the most, I'd choose cruises over air travel. 

I dont disagree

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Strange that it attributed that quote to me, I never said that, that was vacruisin. 

LOL...yeah I noticed that also.  We seem to agree on a lot of things anyway so I guess the CC algorithms must have us confused! lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Strange that it attributed that quote to me, I never said that, that was vacruisin. 

if you quote a portion of a quote it becomes your quote ive found which makes some people upset when you respond back to them thinking its their quote.  Is weird i agree

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

People continue to miss the boat that airlines provide transportation and are essential, and cruise lines don't.

Airlines are also essential for covid spread. First lambda case now reported in TX. Kdr69 is right in his point earlier that airlines have spread more covid than any other form of transportation. They have brought the original covid and all its variants to our shores. The real petri dishes of travel that spread disease worldwide.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Several random points.

1) an airline will deplane you when it lands and they are done with you at that point.  Cruise ships?  A much bigger issue for them.  

2) My opinion.  IF the CDC got out of the way, AND Florida law got out of the way, the cruise lines would, for the most part, REQUIRE everyone to be vaccinated.  They are being prevented from doing that by a bunch of politicians and political entities.  They are being restricted from running their business as they see fit.  And they are being handcuffed from doing the risk mitigation that they desire.

3) those who want to compare plane, bus, commuter train and taxi travel to Cruise ship travel are delusional.  If you cant see the difference, or think it is reasonable to treat them all equal, that is ludicrous.  

4) Covid is not over.  Those who think it is high time to get totally back to normal are not paying attention. (or thought Covid was a nothing burger from the start).

5) Lastly, can you imagine what it will be like on a cruise ship when someone tells a cruiser to mask up?  If it is anything like we hear almost daily on airplanes, there will be lots of screaming and fighting.

Edited by caniuseit
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

Several random points.

1) an airline will deplane you when it lands and they are done with you at that point.  Cruise ships?  A much bigger issue for them.  

2) My opinion.  IF the CDC got out of the way, AND Florida law got out of the way, the cruise lines would, for the most part, REQUIRE everyone to be vaccinated.  They are being prevented from doing that by a bunch of politicians and political entities.  They are being restricted from running their business as they see fit.  And they are being handcuffed from doing the risk mitigation that they desire.

3) those who want to compare plane, bus, commuter train and taxi travel to Cruise ship travel are delusional.  If you cant see the difference, or think it is reasonable to treat them all equal, that is ludicrous.  

4) Covid is not over.  Those who think it is high time to get totally back to normal are not paying attention. (or thought Covid was a nothing burger from the start).

100% agree with every word of this!!!!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, caniuseit said:

Several random points.

5) Lastly, can you imagine what it will be like on a cruise ship when someone tells a cruiser to mask up?  If it is anything like we hear almost daily on airplanes, there will be lots of screaming and fighting.

A very good summation of issues facing the travel industry.

And when you mention to those who think every form of travel should be treated exactly the same that airline passengers must wear masks so would you advocate all cruise passengers must wear masks, their answers essentially come to down to yes but....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

A very good summation of issues facing the travel industry.

And when you mention to those who think every form of travel should be treated exactly the same that airline passengers must wear masks so would you advocate all cruise passengers must wear masks, their answers essentially come to down to yes but....

What is amazing is to see people pick and choose facts to support their pre-determined point of view.  Airplanes are the same, except when they are different.  You don't need masks on planes, but look at all the Democrats who didn't wear masks and got Covid.  Look at the Republican "super spreader event", but never mind when Democrats did the same thing.  The bottom line is that without any study, or looking to any experts, we have clear examples of cases where not following the CDC guidelines resulted in bad things, and where following CDC guidelines, especially related to the vaccine, have made things better.  Not perfect, but better.  For all of those who talk about "critical thinking", rather than trying to use it in fields of study where you are not qualified to employ such skills, just use those skills on the events and numbers that pretty much everyone agrees on.  If you do, you can only come to the conclusion: that the CDC may have made mistakes, but at this point they seem to be making rules that actually work, even if some people don't like or follow them.  Those people are the ones getting sick right now, so maybe it is time to stop throwing fits and try their way out for a bit.

Edited by MrMarc

The important thing to remember is that he has jumped on the band wagon, and endorses the vaccine as a vehicle to reduce serious illness and/or death. I wish our governor would do something like that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Has he ever DISCOURAGED people to get the vaccine, like some other politicians have?

“It’s a seasonal virus and this is the seasonal pattern it follows in the Sun Belt states,”

"Don't Fauci My Florida"

He has also suppressed unfavorable facts, dispensed dangerous misinformation, dismissed public health professionals, and promoted the views of scientific dissenters. Politics over peoples heath. Some folks love him for it but it's a inconvenient truth. He was campaigning in TX at the border just the other day while cases boomed and red tide blooms.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

Court unblocks order lifting CDC virus rules on cruise ships

Pandemic restrictions on Florida-based cruise ships are no longer in place under a Friday ruling by a federal appeals court, while the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seek to fight a Florida lawsuit challenging the regulations.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals had temporarily blocked a previous ruling last Saturday that sided with Florida officials, but the court reversed that decision on Friday, explaining that the CDC failed to demonstrate an entitlement to a stay pending appeal.

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Court unblocks order lifting CDC virus rules on cruise ships

Pandemic restrictions on Florida-based cruise ships are no longer in place under a Friday ruling by a federal appeals court, while the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seek to fight a Florida lawsuit challenging the regulations.

A three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals had temporarily blocked a previous ruling last Saturday that sided with Florida officials, but the court reversed that decision on Friday, explaining that the CDC failed to demonstrate an entitlement to a stay pending appeal.

Can this be appealed?

1 hour ago, ScottsSweetie said:

Has he ever DISCOURAGED people to get the vaccine, like some other politicians have?

No.  He was actually trying to encourage folks to get the Moderna vaccine to folks who were wanting J&J and it was in short supply.  He said don't wait, please get the vaccine that is available and get protected as soon as possible.  I specifically remember this as I was planning on J&J... glad I followed his advice and got Moderna as it was available.

I think folks that don't live in Florida hear some sound bites but really have no idea. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

No.  He was actually trying to encourage folks to get the Moderna vaccine to folks who were wanting J&J and it was in short supply.  He said don't wait, please get the vaccine that is available and get protected as soon as possible.  I specifically remember this as I was planning on J&J... glad I followed his advice and got Moderna as it was available.

I think folks that don't live in Florida hear some sound bites but really have no idea. 

It’s a political agenda, but certain individuals, with multiple logs in , who been thrown off this board many times.. sarge ?///