UK BREAKING: No Quarantine on return from 'Amber' list countries for fully Vaccinated.

Things are starting to look a lot more hopeful for my Harmony Mediterranean from Barcelona in October. Still keeping fingers crossed though.

Once we land in Spain, we'd then be under Spanish travel rules at the time. Ports of call are all in France, Italy, and Spain. So let's hope the EU has sorted their Europe wide open zone for the fully vaccinated by then.

Anyone else got the sensational prices and double points for Harmony in the Med this summer?

• Like 1

Strangely X have just cancelled their September Silhouette sailings from Southampton due to uncertainty in Europe.  I would assume that the Anthem European departures could be pulled too.

All hopes resting on Harmony in Spain and Jewel in Cyprus ! 

2 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

Things are starting to look a lot more hopeful for my Harmony Mediterranean from Barcelona in October. Still keeping fingers crossed though.

Once we land in Spain, we'd then be under Spanish travel rules at the time. Ports of call are all in France, Italy, and Spain. So let's hope the EU has sorted their Europe wide open zone for the fully vaccinated by then.

Anyone else got the sensational prices and double points for Harmony in the Med this summer?

Yeah some good news however if the amber country goes to red country mid cruise we are.........for uk traffic light system cruiser's

Got a great deal for our end of aug cruise on Harmony as the two children going with us are free, just port taxes. Have had it booked for 18months and constantly been amending through their best price guarantee.

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Is there any indication of what restrictions onboard will be like in Europe?

I'm not definite on this, but I don't think EU/UK citizens can leave their own country unless they're fully vaccinated or officially exempt, and they definitely can't enter another EU country.

So European cruises should therefore be 100% vaccinated, whether that includes kids or not, I'm not sure.

By late summer, the Digital Vaccine Passport system will have been all set up and running for a few months and we'll be travelling within Europe/UK as we always have before. There will only be a tiny amount of unvaccinated people left by then.

So in answer to your question, I don't predict many, if any, extra protocols will be in force on European cruises. Don't quote me though, everything can change by the hour at the moment!

Edited by Board_Shorts
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Strangely X have just cancelled their September Silhouette sailings from Southampton due to uncertainty in Europe.  I would assume that the Anthem European departures could be pulled too.

All hopes resting on Harmony in Spain and Jewel in Cyprus ! 

Yuck.  We just paid for our October 9th Anthem Canary Islands cruise.  This was iffy as we need the UK to list restrictions on US residents flying into the UK.  Now I have something else to worry about. 

8 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Is there any indication of what restrictions onboard will be like in Europe?

Have a look on the royal healthy sale page on their website. Onboard restrictions on on their.

Masks inside and out whilst onboard except in room, or sitting down eating or by pool.

Bookings for resturants, shows etc.

Vacc people can get off and walk around. Unvaccinated, so children and medically exempt adults rcl tour only.

14 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Have a look on the royal healthy sale page on their website. Onboard restrictions on on their.

Masks inside and out whilst onboard except in room, or sitting down eating or by pool.

Bookings for resturants, shows etc.

Vacc people can get off and walk around. Unvaccinated, so children and medically exempt adults rcl tour only.

Thank you. Is there testing before boarding for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

3 hours ago, crazyank said:

this is only for unvaccinated people

No it isn’t…..on arrival in Italy travellers who have been in the UK in the previous 14 days must present a negative molecular or antigen test taken in the 48 hours preceding entry into Italy and fill in a digital localisation form. They must also self-isolate for 5 days, at the end of which they must take a rapid antigenic or molecular swab test for COVID-19 and test negative for release. 

Hence the reason why there were very few English fans at the  ️ match last week as they could not have completed isolation in time.   

Edited by little britain

France and Germany have/will declare Cyprus now as being in the highest risk classification, equivalent to RED in the Uk. In case the UK follows - thats it for returning guests from Cyprus and Jewel

17 hours ago, Board_Shorts said:

I'm not definite on this, but I don't think EU/UK citizens can leave their own country unless they're fully vaccinated or officially exempt, and they definitely can't enter another EU country.

So European cruises should therefore be 100% vaccinated, whether that includes kids or not, I'm not sure.

So in answer to your question, I don't predict many, if any, extra protocols will be in force on European cruises. Don't quote me though, everything can change by the hour at the moment!

Yes, please don't quote him/her, as this is completely wrong 😁

Edited by Bobal

1 hour ago, Kbonner said:

France and Germany have/will declare Cyprus now as being in the highest risk classification, equivalent to RED in the Uk. In case the UK follows - thats it for returning guests from Cyprus and Jewel

The rules in both UK and other European countries can change at any time,  personally I find it just to difficult to travel abroad at moment.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

The rules in both UK and other European countries can change at any time,  personally I find it just to difficult to travel abroad at moment.

I agree…no idea where we can and can’t go or what we need to have..Lateral Flow/ PCR tests, when, where and how we get results. Further complication for Wales as Mr Drakeford is still deliberating!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Yes, please don't quote him/her, as this is completely wrong 😁

I'm beginning to see this, thank you for the final push. I'm happy to say I've just cancelled the cruise.

Yes, honestly. Happy!

There's no pleasure or excitement or anticipation when it's all so confusing and stressful, my final payment is 10 days away, but I book with a US travel agent so I'll get my deposit back too, meaning no loss at all.

My Barcelona hotel and UK-BCN flights are also fully refundable until 24 hours before travel. It's always worth paying that little bit extra for flexible tickets.

I suddenly wondered why I was putting myself through this stress.

I'm back at work in the next few weeks. I'm TUI Airways Cabin Crew, so I'll be getting my fair share of Caribbean sunshine on my trips now that so many islands are opening up again and passengers are flocking to book!

All's well that ends well. Harmony, I'll see you soon, but possibly after Symphony as I LOVE Hairspray!

Happy cruising and good luck everyone! 😊

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Thank you. Is there testing before boarding for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Yes a free rapid test at the port terminal before boarding for everyone aged 2 and above.

Another free test before you get off and timing depends on what country your flying back too.

As for getting off ship, to get off you have to fill out a health questionnaire for that country. For us in UK Italy could be an issue. However RCL rules say not required if not getting off. As we have been to Europe many times we will be staying onboard. 

Its all in the healthy sale page on rcl website.

As for travel at the mo. Covid is not going away anytime soon, there will be constant new strains untill the whole planet has some sort of immunity. Travel will be disruptive and IMHO will not go back to how it used to be for years. Testing, masks etc will be here to stay sadly, just got to learn to live with it and protect yourself as much as you can and feel comfortable with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1