Not sold in the USA or Unique Liquor

On 7/10/2021 at 2:03 PM, Joe817 said:

Excellent question m.b.! That piqued my interest so I went a searching and I came up with this. Justhavinfun is correct. Hennessy White is rarely found anywhere EXCEPT  in France and the Caribbean:

"Hennessy Pure White is a Cognac that's generally sold only in the Caribbean, and, of course, in Cognac, France. Many people get to taste it when on vacation–perhaps in Barbados or the Bahamas–and then try to buy it from their local liquor store on their return home.

Many people wonder, due to the difficulty of getting hold of a bottle, we often get contacted by fans who say: White Hennessy is really hard to find near me, and where can I buy it? Unfortunately, we do not sell this item. "

https://www.cognac-expert.com/vs-cognac/hennessy-vs-cognac-pure-white

I thought that very interesting, and I learned something! I'm gonna have to try me out some of that stuff! :classic_laugh:

Sound interesting..... ages wise it is in between  VS & VSOP..... still enjoy a Hennessy XO the best .....have tried Paradis  it was good bu, at the cost differance ...ahhh No

But if ever see  Pure White will try it... with interest...

Don

20 hours ago, zekekelso said:

This is mostly for Jamaica, but probably for most isles: Once you get off the tourist track, many bars will have a local overproof rum. Not usually sold by the bottle and you probably couldn’t bring it on the ship even if it were. And to be honest, not anything a booze snob would enjoy. But having a shot or two in the bar is an experience not to be missed. 

Are you talking about Wray and Nephew....You can buy that in the US....WOW🥵

On 7/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Hlitner said:

Glenfiddich Select Cask Single Malt (Scotch) is only found in certain Duty Free shops (primarily in airports).   As a Scotch drinker I also enjoy visiting Gulmahar's Liquor Store (right on the main street in Philipsburg, St Maarten where the owner has one of the best collections of Scotch in the hemisphere.  They have actually try to have every scotch that is currently made and come very close.  Every time I go in that store I walk out with a bottle of Scotch that I cannot find in the USA.

Hank

We always make a stop in Gulmahar’s too.  The staff is so nice and if you are buying multiple bottles they willl box and deliver your purchase to the ship at no charge.  

Edited by GTO-Girl

Living in Utah, just about everything good is not available here 😉

I'm always on the lookout for a good sipping rum, one that you would properly do out of a small snifter.  Not looking for something to put in pina coladas or drink by the shot.   I brought back a bottle of Don Q Gran Añejo that I picked up at Duty Free at San Juan airport.  I had it at the St. Regis and I did like it.  I could probably pick up a bottle of it at Earl's down in Las Vegas if I did a road trip, but I'm not that desperate...

On 7/10/2021 at 3:22 AM, justhavingfun said:

Hello , fellow cruisers time to start cruising and looking for unique liquor at all Caribbean ports.  I will start off with Hennessy White , not available in the U.S. but easily found in Mexico . I am looking for suggestions for all of the Caribbean ports . Eastern , Western , Southern , Thanks for taking the time to reply

Rhum/Rum

Martinique - La Favourite La Filbuste

Barbados - Foursquare Redoubtable 

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Something that will not be available for retail sail in the USA will be “Bush Rum”.  It can be infused with the ‘Erbs of the Island having the effects of say, “What happen to yesterday?” or “Why is my mouth and lips numb?”, but better to leave these specific infusions on the Island and take a gentle version home.

Bush Rum is the equivalent to Moonshine but actually drinkable (just).

Bush Rum is not sold in official outlets, but ask in the local market for directions.

"Azul" tequila in Mexico....   While NOT exported, it is hands down the best/smoothest tequila I have ever had.  My son in law (A liquor distributer) poo pooed me on this until he had some....   Now he brings back a couple bottles every time he goes south.  

On 7/11/2021 at 3:36 AM, getting older slowly said:

Sound interesting..... ages wise it is in between  VS & VSOP..... still enjoy a Hennessy XO the best .....have tried Paradis  it was good bu, at the cost differance ...ahhh No

But if ever see  Pure White will try it... with interest...

Don

Pure white Hennessy taste very similar to vs Hennessy, I still have some in , my liquor cabinet, Hennessy is my favorite cognac 

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2021 at 5:51 AM, FloridaMomKW said:

Where can you buy this in the Caribbean?

Where can you buy this in the Caribbean?

I bought it in St. Thomas and on the ships.