Unruly Passenger Behavior??

evandbob

7 hours ago, SteveH2508 said:

I think the subway and buses is a step too far.

How would these people get to their daily work?

Given the fuss about 'rights, civil liberties' etc. in respect of the wearing of face masks, banning someone from all forms of transport could be controversial to say the least! As you point out, enforcement would be challenging as well.

As far as how these people would get to work - I guess that it is their problem and not mine.  If the make a choice for bad behavior, they should suffer major consequences.  If not getting to work is one of the consequences that is a choice they made when they acted badly.  With regard to keeping them off subways and city busses, I did note in my post that this is ;probably an unachievable goal.  The rest of the travel restrictions should be fairly easy to implement.  

DON

I have little sympathy.

Should we not take away or suspend driving licenses from those who are convicted of being under the influence simple because they need their automobiles to get to work?

Seems to me we have put up with all sorts of unacceptable behavior on common carriers for far too long.  Time to send a strong message. 

The notion that a flight attendant, ground crew, or cruise line personnel can be verbally and/or physically abused with no consequence is long past it's sell by date.  Entitlement is not an acceptable excuse.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2

There use to be a show called "Crazy On A Plane" showcased some of the worst behaviour of plane passengers. So far I have yet to experience in real life and I have flown more than I have cruised. 

The only bad behaviour I have ever seen on a cruise was my Aranui trip when a member of a rather wealthy and religious (which made the situation ironic) French family decided to punch another passenger in the back of the head because he was filming a church choir performance. The staff asked both of them to leave the church and that was pretty much his punishment. To be honest thinking back what else could the staff have done? You could not have disembarked the passenger as the island had no airport or ferry service so they would essentially be trapped plus I doubt the island had much in the way of a police service and it was still going to be another week before we reached civilization so to speak so I am not sure locking him up in the brig for a week would have been realistic either🤔.

Kind of like a plane once you are in the air options do become limited on how to deal with unruly passengers. I did read an interview with a flight attendant who claimed that most unruly behaviour was the result of the alcohol served on planes but if they didn't serve alcohol the passengers would become very irate anyway😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

I did read an interview with a flight attendant who claimed that most unruly behaviour was the result of the alcohol served on planes but if they didn't serve alcohol the passengers would become very irate anyway😂

Sounds about right to me. No-win situation. 😂

On 7/19/2021 at 12:32 PM, donaldsc said:

I have a suggestion for the unruly airline passenger problem.  I don't know how many of you have watched the many veterinary shows on TV.  Every time the vet has to do a procedure, they give the animal a shot to relax them or to temporarily put them to sleep.  Then when they are done with the procedure, they give them a reversal shot to get them back awake.  Perhaps they can do the same thing w airplane passengers.  Give all the passengers a shot when they board and a reversal when the plane lands. It would certainly reduce the work load for the cabin attendants.

Maybe I am just kidding.  Or maybe I am serious.  Who knows.  LOL!!

DON

LOL....  Then you have the (little known) trick airline pilots used to use...   When the crowd in the back was getting a bit too rowdy (drunk) we could raise the cabin pressure a "bit".   (Normally kept at between 7000 and 8000 ft)    The higher pressure would quickly conk out the drunks.      Of course I am talking about the 60's and 70's so I have no IDEA what is done now!  😁

On 7/20/2021 at 3:19 AM, wowzz said:

Sounds like sone of your Honeymoons were not so good!

Only one....   But it went so well it somehow stuck for the next 40 years!  😊