Post Cruise 14 hour layover in Miami

pokerguy90

Any suggestions for filling in the day in Miami after we get off our ship. We have a 10pm flight home. Do hotels offer day room rates. Just want to relax maybe by a pool or beach and have a place to relax freshen up before a long flight home.

Food Tour - Get a food tour of Calle Ocho, closest you'll get to a trip to Cuba. Pay for a tour, have someone show you what's good and not.

Airboats are fun. Like fishing, plenty of that, deep sea or bass. Did you know the International Fishing HoF is in Dania? That's not far, maybe 45 mins depending on traffic.

You can get boat tours to show you the bazzillion dollar homes off Star Island and stuff....Also Fisher Island. You pass Fisher Island on the south side of port, that's the most expensive zip code in America. 

Food....eat....comida

35 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

Any suggestions for filling in the day in Miami after we get off our ship. We have a 10pm flight home. Do hotels offer day room rates. Just want to relax maybe by a pool or beach and have a place to relax freshen up before a long flight home.

Cruise friends used the Hyatt about 4 years ago. Don’t know if they still offer.  Give them a call. 

Wow, that's a long time to fill!  I personally like the idea of a day room but make sure you ask how late you can stay.  Even if they have check-out around 5 or 6, leave your luggage with them and have an early dinner and then head off to the airport.  

Whichever option you take, if you have more than 2 or 3 hours wait at the airport, I would look into getting an airline lounge pass just to make your wait more bearable.

• Like 1

It's a lot of time, that presents a lot of opportunities, but it's also easy to get caught in a spot.

If you leave a lot of "just in case time," then it's not a lot of time. Traffic in Miami can go to ***** fast.

Staying close to a day hotel would be my preference.

4 hours ago, DKimmey said:

It's a lot of time, that presents a lot of opportunities, but it's also easy to get caught in a spot.

If you leave a lot of "just in case time," then it's not a lot of time. Traffic in Miami can go to ***** fast.

Staying close to a day hotel would be my preference.

Good advice. Miami is a very busy city and you want to enjoy your time and not worry. 

On 7/12/2021 at 8:44 PM, capriccio said:

Wow, that's a long time to fill!  I personally like the idea of a day room but make sure you ask how late you can stay.  Even if they have check-out around 5 or 6, leave your luggage with them and have an early dinner and then head off to the airport.  

Whichever option you take, if you have more than 2 or 3 hours wait at the airport, I would look into getting an airline lounge pass just to make your wait more bearable.

How do you get an airline lounge pass?  Can you buy it?  I am not a frequent flyer, but that sounds wonderful.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Luv2Cruzmyislandtvl said:

How do you get an airline lounge pass?  Can you buy it?  I am not a frequent flyer, but that sounds wonderful.

Usually it is the air company that provides with the access if you purchase a business class ticket. In all other cases you can always purchase it on the spot or ask the air company to provide you with the pass with a discount. I doubt its someting really this special. Have a great flight my friend