15 Nov Explorer Miami - Miami

mrlevin

Questions for those on this trip.  Have you been notified that no one under twelve is allowed on this trip?  Were you asked to provide proof of vaccination either at final payment or since final payment?  Have you had to fill in health questionnaire in addition to Guest Registration form?

The reason that I ask is that CCL and RCG have both come up with workarounds with regard to Florida law regarding asking for proof of vaccination resulting in cruises that are slightly under 100% vaccination.  NCLH hasn't appeared to have instituted the same workarounds.  15 Nov Explorer is first trip out of Florida for Regent so you will be the guinea pigs.  Also, appears that both NCL and Oceania have online checkin early both with health questionnaire; I haven't seen anything for my December Splendour trip.  

thanks,

Marc

Workarounds pretty straight forward.  If you don't show proof of vaccination, you need to pay for additional testing, you are limited on which venues you can go to onboard, need to wear mask, and similar items that would make your trip miserable.  Ends up maybe a couple of unvaccinated adults with predominance of unvaccinated being under twelve.  Figure NCLH can institute similar protocols such that no one (unless they have money to burn and don't mind being relegated to buffet for all meals) will choose not to provide vaccination record on Regent.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Workarounds pretty straight forward.  If you don't show proof of vaccination, you need to pay for additional testing, you are limited on which venues you can go to onboard, need to wear mask, and similar items that would make your trip miserable.  Ends up maybe a couple of unvaccinated adults with predominance of unvaccinated being under twelve.  Figure NCLH can institute similar protocols such that no one (unless they have money to burn and don't mind being relegated to buffet for all meals) will choose not to provide vaccination record on Regent.  

I may sail on RCL just because I love how they handled this....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I am on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston in November, come join us.

Love too but we are booked on Regent October, November, December and Feb....but I intend to check out RCL in 2022. We have a friend who just swapped over from Regent who we would like to see.

46 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

15 Nov Explorer is first trip out of Florida for Regent......  Also, appears that both NCL and Oceania have online checkin early both with health questionnaire; I haven't seen anything for my December Splendour trip.  

thanks,

Marc

Marc - Yes, I've also been wondering about how our Dec 18 Mariner out of Miami might/will be affected, as well.  I would hope that we will have a nearly 100% vaccinated crew and passenger load on our trip.

A 100% vaccine participation rate would hopefully make our cruise as close to a "normal Regent cruise experience" as possible.  As long as Regent doesn't make the vaccination "mandatory" for everyone, then there shouldn't be any conflict with Florida's law.

I would also assume and hope that simply because of Regent's average demographic, that most passengers will be vaccinated.  Those that aren't, should not reasonably expect to have "exactly the same" full and open access to all ship amenities and areas as those of us who have been vaccinated.

Now that we're all getting close to the final payment date (ours is on July 21) for these first cruises out of Miami, I think Regent should be telling us all "what the deal" (shipboard conditions) are going to be on board for these first Miami cruises.  Regards.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Now that we're all getting close to the final payment date (ours is on July 21) for these first cruises out of Miami, I think Regent should be telling us all "what the deal" (shipboard conditions) are going to be on board for these first Miami cruises. 

Good grief, yes!  I'm shocked that they haven't done so already.  But thank you for being the guinea pigs, you brave souls!  (I'm sure it will be wonderful.)

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Questions for those on this trip.  Have you been notified that no one under twelve is allowed on this trip?  Were you asked to provide proof of vaccination either at final payment or since final payment?  Have you had to fill in health questionnaire in addition to Guest Registration form?

The reason that I ask is that CCL and RCG have both come up with workarounds with regard to Florida law regarding asking for proof of vaccination resulting in cruises that are slightly under 100% vaccination.  NCLH hasn't appeared to have instituted the same workarounds.  15 Nov Explorer is first trip out of Florida for Regent so you will be the guinea pigs.  Also, appears that both NCL and Oceania have online checkin early both with health questionnaire; I haven't seen anything for my December Splendour trip.  

thanks,

Marc

Marc,

Guinea Pigs, here, reporting for duty! Stacy and I are on this cruise (coming directly from the Splendor in Athens). I have not received any notification about under-12s. We made final payment using FCCs. No proof of vaccination (we have it if asked) was required at final payment or since.  The standard Guest Registration form was completed--no health questions so far. 

We are going to be on a Viking cruise in Iceland in August and I just completed the VeriFly app vaccination verification that Viking requires. Very easy to do. Basically upload  pdf or picture of your CDC card and 10 minutes later they send you a "pass" that certifies to Viking that you have been vaccinated. It will be interesting to see if other cruise lines adopt a similar system. Not sure how that would square with the Florida law. 

Anyway, I will keep you all posted if the answers to your questions change. 

Jim

• Like 2

Oh my,  

We are on Explorer for the preceding Barcelona to Miami segment.  The last stop two days before Miami is Bahamas.  Have speculated for the past several months that Regent (or parent NCLH) will either relent as to its present 100% vaccination "Policy" to conform with Florida authorities' Policy; or alter the itinerary.  

All kinds of issues come into play if our final stop is at Bahamas.  How about Puerto Rico? 

Final payment was made a few days ago via our TA for our segment.  TA did not indicate any additional requirements as to verification of vaccination status.  (We are fully vaccinated with the appropriate documentation.)  Will double-check the Ts&Cs in the small print of our documents for any reference to same--and report results, if any.  

GOARMY!

18 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Will double-check the Ts&Cs in the small print of our documents for any reference to same--and report results, if any.  

GOARMY!

GOARMY, here are the current T&C relative to COVID:

5. PUBLIC HEALTH; ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS; RIGHT TO DISEMBARK AND QUARANTINE; COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
a. Physician Consultation Recommended; Acknowledgement of Health Risks. YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO DISCUSS THE ADVISABILITY OF TRAVEL WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN AND TO REVIEW THE WEBSITES OF THE U.S. CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (“CDC”) OR OTHER RELEVANT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES FOR UPDATED INFORMATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT WHILE ABOARD THE VESSEL, IN TERMINALS AND BOARDING AREAS, OR DURING ACTIVITIES ASHORE AND/ OR WHILE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE VESSEL, YOU OR OTHER GUESTS MAY BE EXPOSED TO COMMUNICABLE ILLNESSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COVID-19 AND ITS VARIANTS, INFLUENZA, COLDS, NOROVIRUS, AND POTENTIALLY NEWER DISEASES NOT YET KNOWN. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THAT THE RISK OF EXPOSURES TO THESE COMMUNICABLE ILLNESSES AND OTHERS IS INHERENT IN MOST ACTIVITIES WHERE PEOPLE INTERACT OR SHARE COMMON FACILITIES, ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, AND CANNOT BE ELIMINATED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. YOU KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT THESE RISKS AS PART OF THIS TICKET CONTRACT, INCLUDING THE RISK OF SERIOUS ILLNESS OR DEATH ARISING FROM SUCH EXPOSURES, AND/OR ALL RELATED DAMAGES, LOSS, COSTS AND EXPENSES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER.

b. Right to Refuse Booking or Passage, to Disembark or Quarantine. You warrant that You and all other Guests traveling with You are physically, emotionally and otherwise fit to undertake the Cruise or CruiseTour; that You and they have received all medical inoculations necessary; that You and they will at all times comply with the Ship’s rules and regulations and orders and directions of the Ship’s Master, officers and medical staff, and that Your conduct will not impair the safety of the Ship or jeopardize or inconvenience yourself or other guests. We may refuse to embark, or may disembark, confine to a stateroom, quarantine or limit the activities during the Cruise at any time or at any port of any Guest who may be suffering from contagious or infectious disease or whose presence, or that of any accompanying child or travelling companion, in the opinion of the Carrier, the Master, or any doctor, may be detrimental to the comfort, enjoyment or safety of other persons, or who, in the Carrier's or Master’s opinion, might create a risk of harm to any other person, or who may be excluded from landing at the destination by immigration or other governmental authorities. In such cases, the Guest shall not be entitled to any refund of the Cruise Fare or CruiseTour Fare or any payment, compensation or credit, except as required by law or otherwise provided herein.

c. Agreement To Comply With COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. In developing COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, We observe guidance and directives of federal health authorities, including the CDC and state and local health authorities in the destinations visited. You acknowledge that these directives may change from time to time and that Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may be updated as needed. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE TO COMPLY NOT ONLY WITH THE COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS THEY ARE DESCRIBED HEREIN, BUT ALSO AS THEY ARE SET FORTH AT WWW.RSSC.COM/HEALTHSAFETYPROTOCOLS, AT ALL TIMES INCLUDING PRE-EMBARKATION, WHILE ON BOARD, DURING PORT CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS AND/OR FINAL DISEMBARKATION. In case of any conflict between the COVID-19 Policies and Procedures described herein or on this website, the website controls and Your agreement to abide by Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures as posted at www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols constitutes an integral part of this Ticket Contract. Guest agrees that the COVID-19 Policies and Procedures herein will also apply to COVID-19 variants and potentially newer diseases or illnesses not yet known.

d. COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. You acknowledge that our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures may or will include (but are not be limited to): (1) completion of an accurate, truthful and complete health questionnaire in a form and containing any health or travel-related questions as determined by Us in our sole discretion based on advice from cognizant government or health authorities or medical experts for each Passenger prior to boarding; (2) pre-embarkation and/or periodic testing and temperature checks of each Guest followed by a period of isolation until test results are available; (3) modified capacity rules for activities (including but not limited to restaurants, gyms, and entertainment events onboard and for shore excursions) which may limit or eliminate the ability of any Guest to participate in particular activities; (4) mandatory use by each Guest of face coverings in most locations outside of the Guest’s cabin while onboard, during embarkation, disembarkation and shore excursions; (5) mandatory social distancing and/or cohorting of Guests at any/all times while on board and during embarkation, disembarkation, and shore excursions; (6) additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions, including but not limited to denial of disembarkation at destinations unless participating in only Carrier-approved shore excursions; (7) mandatory hand-sanitizing by Guest upon entry or exit of any public areas; (8) confinement of Guests to cabins, quarantine or emergency disembarkation of Guests if, in Our sole discretion, such steps are necessary to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19; (9) the required completion by Guest in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Us to carry out Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), and; (10) other policies and procedures deemed by Us in Our sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.

e. Consequences of Noncompliance With COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Notwithstanding any other provision contained herein, any noncompliance by You or members of Your travelling party with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract shall be grounds for refusal to board, refusal to re-board after going ashore, quarantine onboard the Vessel, disembarkation, reporting to governmental or health authorities, or other steps deemed necessary in Our sole discretion under the circumstances to protect

the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, You shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. You will be responsible for all related costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses and for proper travel documentation for any port, or for departure from or arrival to the U.S. or Your country or state of residence. Under no circumstances shall We be liable for any damages or expenses whatsoever incurred by any Guest as a result of such denial of boarding, refusal to re-board, quarantine, disembarkation, or other steps taken by Us.

f. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case Before Boarding. You agree that if at any time within 14 days prior to scheduled embarkation, You test positive for COVID-19, exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, have had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or We otherwise determine in Our sole discretion that You are unfit to board because of any communicable illness, We will deny You boarding. Under these circumstances, unless We determine that You have failed to comply with Our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, if You are denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19, You will be entitled to a future cruise credit equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, or if required by law, a refund equal in value to the amount You paid to Us as Cruise Fare, subject to Your providing verification satisfactory to Us of results of tests administered by providers other than those retained by Us. Under no circumstances shall We have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel.

g. Known or Suspected COVID-19 Case After Boarding. You further understand and agree that if, after boarding, and even if You have fully complied with all COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, You test positive for COVID-19 or exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, We may disembark, refuse re-boarding after a shore excursion, or quarantine You as well as members of Your travelling party, or take other steps which We determine, in Our sole discretion, are necessary under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, if You have a known or suspected case of infection with COVID-19 and You are disembarked, refused re-boarding, or quarantined, You shall be entitled to a prorated future cruise credit for the unused portion of the Cruise Fare or if required by law, a prorated refund for the unused portion of the Cruise Fare. You are responsible for all other related costs and fines, including without limitation travel expense. Under no circumstances shall We be liable to You for any other costs, damages or expenses whatsoever incurred by You.

PS You have the best TA; I would trust her more than me. 

mrlevin:  

Thank you.  

And--as usual, I made a mistake in my last (and did not discover it until after the time had expired to make an Edit) entry.   

Our last stop on that TA crossing from Barcelona before Miami is Bermuda--NOT Bahamas.  

Sorry for the confusion.  

And yes, we have the BEST TA (and Staff).  

Regards, 

GOARMY!

Well, the disembarkation port could be changed to the Bahamas or somewhere other than FL - right?  There are ports along the eastern seaboard, US other than FL.  If Regent (NCLH) can’t overthrow the  FL law in time (or ever), it needs to get more flexible and avoid FL ports. There are W. Caribbean cruises from and to ports in Galveston, TX and New Orleans LA. Why not Regent?

I  agree too. .I realy don't like spending a pre cruise night in Miami.  There are better places on the East Coast to embark. If Fl does not want cruise guests to embark with CDC vaccination cards, there are better places to spend a pre-cruise night than Miami.

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Air lift to some of these alternate ports could be a problem.  Miami / Ft Lauderdale airports have many more flights in/out daily vs Charleston  or Mobile, for example.

I've thought this too, and often at a higher price.

Yes, air transportation will be a problem with some east coast ports. I hear that the RCCL Granduer of the Seas sails out of Baltimore  That old ship holds 2500 passengers. Baltimore is a bit farther north than is ideal for most itineraries, but it wouldn’t be impossible for many. impossible 

• 2 weeks later...

hearth------:

Reference several of my earlier Posts--and specifically your Post #21--Have heard nothing specific in this regard other than we will conform to whatever protocol(s) Regent puts into play. 

As of today, our Explorer TA still shows debarkation at Miami.  Final landfall before that is three days earlier at Bermuda.  A recent Federal Court (Circuit Level, I believe) decision supports Florida State authorities' right to override CDC guidance (and current Regent policy) as to mandatory passenger vaccination requirements.  

I doubt Regent will "blink" from deviating from its 100% vacc policy.  So--there we passenger are, twisting in the winds of chance, with "only" 95 days to go before spouse and self fly (early) to Barcelona.  

Continue to rely on our TA for updated guidance via Regent as to protocols which may go into effect while we may be literally at-sea.  For this, amongst other reasons, we have made Regent responsible for air components.  Still think it possible our debarkation point might be at Bermuda, PR, or Charleston.  

Just hope to (safely) board Explorer on October 31st. 

Should I get any updates via our TA, will pass same on.  

Stay safe, with perhaps the need to--again--mask up.  

GOARMY!

Edited by GOARMY
Clarify details.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I wanted to “refresh” this thread to see if there is any new information available? We would like to book this cruise but are still on the fence.  Just wondering if there is any new information since this is the first Regent cruise out of Florida. Also any updates on the lawsuit with the State of Florida? (haven’t seen anything new since earlier discussions). Also to those booked on this cruise - what are you hearing about Caribbean ports being open for this cruise?  I did see Bonaire replaced Aruba.  Also, any news on safety protocols for ship excursions, or can you go ashore on your own? Sorry for all the questions….just trying to wade through all the open questions before committing to a booking. Many thanks.