Drink Package Price

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

New sale today on all my cruises.  DBP is back down to $44 on my upcoming Serenade cruise.

Unfortunately the sales price us  still 62 on my February Navigator cruise. There are three sea days on the cruise which might be why it is higher.

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa

Is your goal to "break even" (or benefit)?  Is your goal to just "not worry about the cost (even if it costs you more)"? 

A couple things to keep in mind...

* When you figure out the average number of drink you'd need to consume each day, don't forget to factor in if you plan on getting off the ships in port (private islands don't count as a "port" since the package works there too), and how many port days there are.  Sure, it might be easy to drink 4-6 drinks when you're on the ship all day, but if you're off the ship for eight hours (for example), can you still get through the same amount of drinks when you're on the ship?

* There is a "non alcoholic" package that is generally MUCH cheaper and includes everything BUT the alcohol.  So you can get that package to benefit by getting the juices, water, soda, etc, then either pay for the alcohol drinks a la cart, or get a "mocktail" and then pay for a shot of the appropriate alcohol to mix in.

If you just don't want to worry about the cost, take the amount of money you'd pay for the drink package, put it in an envelope.  On the last night, take that money to customer service and pay down your drinks.  

I like it because of the convenience and also I can try different things and I don’t worry about not drinking the whole drink because I don’t particularly like it.  I just go get another.  If I didn’t have the package I would not do that.

I noticed that there is a new drink menu.  Trying all those new drinks without the package would cost a lot and I probably wouldn’t do it.  With the package I could try a few different ones each day, take a few sips and find my favorite.  There is no need to get bombed to make good use of the package.  

We also like it because we can do our own mini wine pairing at dinner without the pressure to drink the whole glass because of the cost.

Also, get a bottle of water every time you get a drink at a bar.  

Each person should run the numbers based on their habit and then make a decision that is best for them.  

48 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

had to pull the trigger at $53 for NYE21 on Anthem. $8 discount from previous prices. If it drops like everyone on here suggested, i can cancel and book cheaper price.!

That's a pretty good price for Anthem, especially a NYE cruise.  I wouldn't expect to see any drops from there.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, MikeBayAreaCa said:

I like it because of the convenience and also I can try different things and I don’t worry about not drinking the whole drink because I don’t particularly like it.  I just go get another.  If I didn’t have the package I would not do that.

This.  

With the package you go in knowing the cost, not questioning how every drink ordered is tallying up and not flinching before checking that final SeaPass statement.  Play your cards right and it's even paid for before you sail. 

This being said, DBP is at $58 a day and for 2 people on a 13 day trip.... yikes!!!  Having heard the legend of wonderful Black Friday sales I think our plan is to see how well that turns out (our sailing is in April) before either biting the bullet or going a-la-carte.

9 minutes ago, MichaelCMTX said:

This.  

With the package you go in knowing the cost, not questioning how every drink ordered is tallying up and not flinching before checking that final SeaPass statement.  Play your cards right and it's even paid for before you sail. 

This being said, DBP is at $58 a day and for 2 people on a 13 day trip.... yikes!!!  Having heard the legend of wonderful Black Friday sales I think our plan is to see how well that turns out (our sailing is in April) before either biting the bullet or going a-la-carte.

I’m not sure I would get it on a trip longer than a week.  

On our Radiance 1/2/22 cruise, I originally purchased for $54 pp pd, then canceled and rebooked at $47 pp pd.  On our Serenade cruise for 10/20/22, I purchased it for $54 pp pd.  It is not available to book yet on our Grandeur 1/27/23 cruise.

I was amused after reading this post and seeing all the fluctuations.....I finally checked ours, 7 day, southbound from Alaska next year, Radiance, now its $47....I got excited, thinking that possibly it was a sale on all drinks, but that's not apparently how it works haha sad for me 😞

17 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

I was amused after reading this post and seeing all the fluctuations.....I finally checked ours, 7 day, southbound from Alaska next year, Radiance, now its $47....I got excited, thinking that possibly it was a sale on all drinks, but that's not apparently how it works haha sad for me 😞

I think there is a lot less drinking on Alaska cruises than those in warmer climates.  The number of sea days makes a difference too.

23 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

I think there is a lot less drinking on Alaska cruises than those in warmer climates.  The number of sea days makes a difference too.

Oh I bet, I was just telling my friend that I don't know how we will find time to do any of the activities or any of the restaurants/bars besides making sure we don't starve on our way onto adventures, or trying to sleep!

I did see the price for us in the 50s or 60s a few weeks ago.....so yes, they do move around! haha

We purchased the refreshment package on our Adventure cruise last month and used our diamond credits for alcohol. We typically only have 2-3 drinks per day so the unlimited never made sense for us. You can get the refreshment at $23 per day on sale. We are big coffee drinkers and enjoy the freestyle machines for flavored water. I tend to drink 4-5 bottles of water a day myself, so we benefit. 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:44 PM, Tree_skier said:

I got Serenade on July 4th weekend for an August cruise for 40% off at $44 a day.  I had previously purchased it at $48 and it was listed as 30% off.

But you are right.  book it when the price is acceptable and cancel when it goes down.

I bought the DBP a couple days ago with the idea that I could cancel and rebook if the price dropped but now I cannot see the current price. It just says that I already bought the package and no current price is shown.

1 hour ago, twinmommy08 said:

We purchased the refreshment package on our Adventure cruise last month and used our diamond credits for alcohol. We typically only have 2-3 drinks per day so the unlimited never made sense for us. You can get the refreshment at $23 per day on sale. We are big coffee drinkers and enjoy the freestyle machines for flavored water. I tend to drink 4-5 bottles of water a day myself, so we benefit. 

That’s a great way to do it.  

26 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

I bought the DBP a couple days ago with the idea that I could cancel and rebook if the price dropped but now I cannot see the current price. It just says that I already bought the package and no current price is shown.

Click on the Beverage section.  I already purchased and can see it. 

Yes, I already purchased as well. I click on the beverage section, and keep seeing my same purchase price. Called yesterday, and rep confirmed that price was the same, and that it is reflected in real time. So if you click, you'll see current pricing.