Drink Package Price

We are on Harmony shortly after you and I have the same prices for DBP.  I am HOPING for 40% on Black Friday (about $50) but I will take the 30% ($58) if I have to.  That would be about $67 with gratuities.  With drinks running $15ish (with tip) we only have to have 4 a day plus a couple waters/sodas/specialty coffees to at least break even.

My booked cruises for both Allure in November and Odyssey in December are both 67/day before gratuities. Hoping they’ll go down but not expecting it because this definitely seems to be one area Royal is looking to make back some of their revenue in. We drink a fair amount on cruises but at that price I’m not even sure we’d break even.

We booked our first cruise on Royal this spring (for an Allure October sailing) and through sheer dumb luck the DBP was at $50/day. We didn't realize at the time that was a great price but in retrospect we now realize that it was quite fortuitous to get that the day we booked. ☺️

• Like 1

As I am trying to decide if it’s worth it to get the drink package at $71 a day I would like to find out the cost of a cocktail such as a piña colada or a glass of wine. I appreciate any information. Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

As I am trying to decide if it’s worth it to get the drink package at $71 a day I would like to find out the cost of a cocktail such as a piña colada or a glass of wine. I appreciate any information. Thank you. 

My Oasis sailing in October right now is showing $61 per day after I picked it up at $53. I'd wait for a drop but from what I remember pina coladas are between $10.50 and $12 depending on the ship and number of days. Sometimes they charge more for short sailings. 

BTW love your Greyhound..... I have three little Italians. 

Edited by vjmatty

46 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/07/13/look-royal-caribbeans-new-fleetwide-drink-menu

My simplistic answer....If you are worried about having to drink too much to justify the package, don't buy it.  If you are worried you will spend too much on drinks, buy it.

Expect to pay $10-$12 per Piña Colada or glass of wine

1 hour ago, Marie51 said:

71 before gratuity is pretty high.  What cruise are you on.

Mine is 71, but every few weeks it drops to 62.

Most cocktails are 13, which is 15.34 with gratuity.

Bottled water, soda, speciality coffees and fresh juice are part of it.We probably drink $30.00 of these drinks a day.  So three cocktails  and we are more than even.

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa

19 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

71 before gratuity is pretty high.  What cruise are you on.

Mine is 71, but every few weeks it drops to 62.

Most cocktails are 13, which is 15.34 with gratuity.

Bottled water, soda, speciality coffees and fresh juice are part of it.We probably drink $30.00 of these drinks a day.  So three cocktails  and we are more than even.

We are on Mariner sailing Aug 30th.  I’ve been checking every day and the price has not dropped. 

10 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

We are on Mariner sailing Aug 30th.  I’ve been checking every day and the price has not dropped. 

So that is 83.78 a day with 18% gratuity.  

How long is the cruise?  

it all depends on your drinking habits.  
We both have at least two or three glasses of wine at dinner.  We always take our time to eat.  

Four $13.00 cocktails is 61.36. 
Four 12.00 wines is 56.64

Beer at about $9.15 with gratuity.

water about 3 to 3.25 before gratuity

Ours is 61.  We’ll more than break even because of all the non alcoholic drinks we’ll have, 71 is a stretch.  

Edited by MikeBayAreaCa
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Try using Royal’s app on your phone and if you click on Dining then Bars & Lounges then Menu you will see drink prices by venue. I love Boleros at night and I see most cocktails are $13 there for our Symphony sailing in Dec 2021. Lime Daiquiri is $9.95, Mojito is $13. 

Edited by SailyaCruise

I am sailing Allure in Oct, drink package on sale was $68 which is $80.24 with grats. We are 5 people staying in a 2br GS; 3 are new to cruising and 1 is new to RCG. Only two out of five are heavy alcohol drinkers. Two don't drink coffee or soda, maybe a milkshake or smoothie every now and again. It would be $2600 for us to all get the UBP and $1760 for us to get two UBPs and 3 refreshment packages. Even the two that drink think that is an expensive burden. They don't believe they will want to drink all seven days. Since we are staying in a suite they will get a few drinks there and then supplement. Even with maybe 3 drinks at $15 w/grats a day, they come out cheaper. Plus no one will feel burdened to drink any and everything to get their monies worth.

30 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

They don't believe they will want to drink all seven days.

That is such a good point.  Even heavy drinkers can find it difficult to keep up that level of consumption for 7 straight days.  

On 7/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, topnole said:

Cool. Now I can have 8 beers extra per day before considering the Drink package.  Looks like I can easily have a vacation I won’t remember for cheaper than the drink package.  😂😂

Esp when you consider over a 7 day cruise. First day is partial and then there are port days too. 

I just checked our April Grandeur repositioning cruise, and it is currently at $53 per day, plus grats.

But we are D, so 8 drinks per day with the voucher.  If we go over that, I will just pay by the glass.  Hard to see that we would do 8+ drinks a day every day.

Especially since almost every day is a port day.

Edited by SRF

15 hours ago, vjmatty said:

My Oasis sailing in October right now is showing $61 per day after I picked it up at $53. I'd wait for a drop but from what I remember pina coladas are between $10.50 and $12 depending on the ship and number of days. Sometimes they charge more for short sailings. 

BTW love your Greyhound..... I have three little Italians. 

Thanks! His name is Zorro😊

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

So that is 83.78 a day with 18% gratuity.  

How long is the cruise?  

it all depends on your drinking habits.  
We both have at least two or three glasses of wine at dinner.  We always take our time to eat.  

Four $13.00 cocktails is 61.36. 
Four 12.00 wines is 56.64

Beer at about $9.15 with gratuity.

water about 3 to 3.25 before gratuity

Ours is 61.  We’ll more than break even because of all the non alcoholic drinks we’ll have, 71 is a stretch.  

My cruise is 4 day Mariner Aug 30. Price has been $71/day but late last night it dropped to $62 so I bought it.