Back too Back

Will be doing back too back on Radiance of the Seas February 2023. New Zealand and Australia.  My question is what does one do the day the first cruise ends and the next one begins.  Both cruises leave and return too Sydney.

1 minute ago, sfrieman said:

Will be doing back too back on Radiance of the Seas February 2023. New Zealand and Australia.  My question is what does one do the day the first cruise ends and the next one begins.  Both cruises leave and return too Sydney.

You'll get all the info necessary once onboard and they'll have a meeting to go over everything the day before the first leg ends for the consecutive cruiser's. Basically if you're staying in the same cabin there's not much to do. We love B2B's.

11 minutes ago, sfrieman said:

Agree with @Ashland. Also after the TAD process is completed you are free to go back to your cabin or enjoy the ship for an hour or so before embarkation starts. You are also free to leave the ship and do an excursion or whatever you want. All of our B2B cruises there has always been an consecutive cruiser's  lunch held in the MDR starting at 11:30.  

We did b2b on the Radiance last year, just before they sent us home.  The rules in Australia are different from elsewhere.  Australia border forces require all passengers, including b2b, to leave the ship and remain off for 2hrs.  We had been given our new cards before if I recall but had to be readmitted by the Australian border forces.  I think we had to leave by 9.  You will get instructions in advance. 

18 hours ago, sfrieman said:

One more note. I believe they did a special mdr lunch for b2b cruisers.  

21 hours ago, sfrieman said:

We've done a few b2b's out of Sydney...and absolutely love Sydney.

Some random thoughts:

* b2b passengers will have a meeting before the end of the first cruise.

* You can choose to get back onboard or, do what we do...go and see Sydney.

* There will be a nice lunch for b2b passengers...in the MDR or a specialty restaurant...and if your lucky, free wine.

* If you choose to leave the ship, you will be given a "In-Transit" card alonv with your new seapass card. You will be able to bypass all the lines when you get back. (Except of course the security line)

* The ship docks at the OPT, Overseas Passenger Terminal...you will be walking distance to many of the wonderful sights: The Rocks, CBD, the Sydney Opera House and adjacent gardens, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Circular Quay.

* We highly recommend purchasing the Opal Card...it will give you access to buses, trains, and ferries.(Outstanding value) You can even use the Opal Card for the train back to the airport. OPT walk to Circular Quay train station...about 5 minutes.

Note: Things can change post pandemic. Happy Sailing!

3 minutes ago, Californian said:

If you are changing cabins on a back to back, does the staff move your luggage and clothes to the new cabin?

You need to pack the loose stuff and things in drawers.  The cabin attendant will move luggage and hanging clothes.  Remember to empty the safe.  Speak with your cabin attendant in advance.