14 night on sky princess

LynandBill

This cruise is listed as a 14 night cruise(3-12-23 to 3-26-23) starts in Fort Lauderdale and a week later has Fort Lauderdale again to apparently pick up passengers for the 3-19 to 4-2 cruise. Do they make you get off and back on like a back to back? We appreciate any info.  Thanks!

10 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

This cruise is listed as a 14 night cruise(3-12-23 to 3-26-23) starts in Fort Lauderdale and a week later has Fort Lauderdale again to apparently pick up passengers for the 3-19 to 4-2 cruise. Do they make you get off and back on like a back to back? We appreciate any info.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, chrysalis said:

yes...it is treated just like a back to back....and you will get instructions in your cabin a couple of days before the mid-cruise point on what you need to do.

1 minute ago, chrysalis said:

yes...it is treated just like a back to back....and you will get instructions in your cabin a couple of days before the mid-cruise point on what you need to do.

11 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

and for the sake of the new cruisers waiting to board, you need to follow the instructions exactly as stated and don't be late to your assigned meeting place 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

Yes. 

Thanks for responding. If 1500 or so  people are doing the same  and the other 1500 are totally disembarking that sounds like a long process. We did a back to back with Celebrity but there were only 52 people. We walked into the terminal, showed our passport and right back on total time was about 20 minutes. I’m hoping it’s similar and not waiting in the terminal. 

In the Old World (Pre-Covid), we always got off anyway - as they usually put on a free shuttle to the mall for a couple hours for pax who were continuing on the next leg of the cruise.  They also gave us "In Transit" cards so you did not have to wait in line to check in again or wait in the lounge to board.  Once the ship was empty and everyone accounted for, you could just head right back on the ship.

Don't know if things have changed.

Don

13 minutes ago, LynandBill said:

Thanks for responding. If 1500 or so  people are doing the same  and the other 1500 are totally disembarking that sounds like a long process. We did a back to back with Celebrity but there were only 52 people. We walked into the terminal, showed our passport and right back on total time was about 20 minutes. I’m hoping it’s similar and not waiting in the terminal. 

We have done many  on princess...but one back to back 10 day cruises, and we were the only ones staying on the ship....the process was wonderful.

Edited by chrysalis

6 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

In the Old World (Pre-Covid), we always got off anyway - as they usually put on a free shuttle to the mall for a couple hours for pax who were continuing on the next leg of the cruise.  They also gave us "In Transit" cards so you did not have to wait in line to check in again or wait in the lounge to board.  Once the ship was empty and everyone accounted for, you could just head right back on the ship.

Don't know if things have changed.

Don

Can’t wait to get back cruising and hoping things eventually get somewhat close to normal. 

We've done many B2B trips and I've come to except people to be late showing up for the group to go through the terminal. Sometimes it's only 5 or 10 minutes, other times it can be 45 minutes or more. 

Very inconsiderate considering hundreds of other people can be on time.  

Our last pre pandemic cruise was 14 days on the Sky at the busiest time, Christmas and New Years. We got off after the first leg around 9:00 am, on our own, so didn’t have to wait for the group of back to backers. It did help that we all have Nexus cards and were able to use that line (would definitely have been a longer process otherwise, I’m sure). Walked 10 min over to Ross to pick up a New Yrs eve gown 😁 and got back in line around 11:00 to board. Wasn’t busy and took about 10 min on the return. I envy you your 14 days coming up! Loved the Sky 😊.

It seems so strange to book a 14 day cruise and have to get off in the middle of it. You have the same cabin because you booked it as a 14 day cruise and did not book two 7 day cruises, which could potentially have 2 different cabins.

1 hour ago, nini said:

It seems so strange to book a 14 day cruise and have to get off in the middle of it. You have the same cabin because you booked it as a 14 day cruise and did not book two 7 day cruises, which could potentially have 2 different cabins.

I do not book a b2b unless I can reserve the same cabin.  Usually it is for different itineraries.  In the past....You check in.  Sometimes you are asked to leave the ship (San Pedro).  Sometimes you walk through a check out and walk right back in (Whittier).  Usually your cruise card/medallion is already prepared so you keep the same one.

Only once did I have to change cabin (poor planning, booked it on my way out of the channel).  Moving was seamless.