Australian Passports

21 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Pre final payment, which is big bikkies.

Yes, Princess have been pretty good about announcing their cancellations before final payments dates, apart from a few very early in the pandemic when things shut down very quickly. 

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

At 5 knots to use up the 107 days, lol.   Coral would have to refuel and resupply at sea.😁

A regular circumnavigation is 28 days. So a few longer port stops and they'd easily reach 107 days. But I like my earlier idea of one super-long curcumnavigation.

Why couldn't they refuel and resupply in ports? The Hawaii/Tahiti cruises go for five sea days in a row and, I think the worldies have even more, and they don't have fuel or supply issues.

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A regular circumnavigation is 28 days. So a few longer port stops and they'd easily reach 107 days. But I like my earlier idea of one super-long curcumnavigation.

Why couldn't they refuel and resupply in ports? The Hawaii/Tahiti cruises go for five sea days in a row and, I think the worldies have even more, and they don't have fuel or supply issues.

My aus and Sth Isl NZ was 35 nights and no more than 1 day in any port, didn’t go to Tassie, only Wellington on Nth Is and could have book another with many of the small ports different to ours. I actually can easily see stretching it to 70 or 80 nights no effort at all. 107 May stretch it a little, but not too hard to do.

A start

1. Sydney
  2. Newcastle
  3. Sea
  4. Brisbane
  5. Brisbane
  6. Fraser Island
  7. Sea
  8. Whitsundays
  9. Sea
  10. Townsville
  11. Cairns
  12. Willis Island
  13. Sea
  14. Sea
  15. PNG
  16. PNG
  17. Sea
  18. Darwin
  19. Darwin
  20. Sea
  21. Sea
  22. Bali
  23. Bali
  24. Sea
  25. PortHedland
  26. Broome
  27. Exmouth
  28. Sea
  29. Geraldton
  30. Perth
  31. Perth
  32. Busselton
  33. Esperance
  34. Albany
  35. Esperance 
  36. Sea
  37. Sea
  38. KI
  39. Adelaide
  40. Adelaide
  41. Sea
  42. Sea
  43. Hobart
  44. Hobart
  45. PortArthur
  46. Sea
  47. Geelong
  48. Melbourne
  49. Melbourne
  50. Burnie
  51. Sea
  52. Sea
  53. Sounds
  54. Dunedin
  55. Christchurch
  56. Picton
  57. Wellington
  58. Aukland
  59. Aukland
  60. Bay of Islands
  61. Sea
  62. Sea
  63. Eden
  64. Wollongong
  65. Sydney

Good luck doing a circumnavigation. Only one major issue with cruising May to August, crossing the Great Australian Bight. Those cold fronts cross over every 3 days, or less, with their huge seas and strong winds.☹️ Today, for instance, there is a gale warning for the GAB. Not the sort of seas to be out upon.

Yes we did 29N clockwise loop on Sun Princess in 2017, which included PNG (Alotau). On that trip we had overnight in Hobart which was great, but all other ports were just the day.

We would be more than happy to make it 60-70N by doubling up the stays at each port & maybe add a few & of course some slow cruising.

Either Mar-Apr or Sept-Oct 2023 would be good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Can't have PNG or Bali. Domestic ports only.

Have stretch out the sea days more ie two days from Newcastle to Brisbane.

Yeah I wasn’t too sure about those two, can easily add a few more sea days and a few extra overnights, was really thinking about what extra ports could be added.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Instead of Bali a slow transit of the scenic Kimberley Coast, a bit of time in Wineglass bay, closer coast in the bight taking in the scenery.

mate, you are on the money there. Now let's get you fit so we can all go on the cruise together. I'm sure we can get Maxy aboard 🙂 

8 minutes ago, mr walker said:

mate, you are on the money there. Now let's get you fit so we can all go on the cruise together. I'm sure we can get Maxy aboard 🙂 

I suspect my cruising days are over the last few every micro movement was painful, now it seems that they are likely to cause these mini strokes. But hop springs eternal.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Instead of Bali a slow transit of the scenic Kimberley Coast, a bit of time in Wineglass bay, closer coast in the bight taking in the scenery.

There was a call to ban large cruise ships from Wineglass bay a few years ago. Don't know if they got their wish.🤔

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I see one problem Julie, Akaroa doesn’t exist, well we have missed it every time so I figure it is fake and they all know I’ll blab

It does so exist! I've been there on three cruises, and twice on land trips. I have photos!

It's really lovely, worth a visit in it's own right, not just as a entrance to Christchurch and now with the new cruise terminal Lyttelton is better for Christchurch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I see one problem Julie, Akaroa doesn’t exist, well we have missed it every time so I figure it is fake and they all know I’ll blab

Beautiful place is Akaroa Mr Gut and it is real! We have been there once and would love to go back again. Friends who were with us had been to Akaroa on a road trip (the weather was terrible) and weren't impressed so weren't looking forward to stopping there on our cruise. By the time our day was over, they couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful place it is. 

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Our first cruise stopped at Devonport, all those years ago, that may be an option rather than two at Burnie.

I chose two at Burnie as there seems to be a lot to do from there. One day an excursion to Cradle Mountain, the other all the other places around Burnie itself. In fact I could have extended the cruise a lot more as some places need more days but I wanted to stick to the 107 nights equivalent of a world cruise.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I see no trouble doing 100+ Days around Aus and NZ, of course no line will ever offer it, but $$$$ and health permitting, I’d be front and centre to book.

100 days is abit long for me but right now I would take anything.   I am booked on the next March 28 day cruise around Australia.  If it actually goes, I really think it will be cut back to half or less, so I am just hanging on to the booking for anything to happen at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Rassa said:

100 days is abit long for me but right now I would take anything.   I am booked on the next March 28 day cruise around Australia.  If it actually goes, I really think it will be cut back to half or less, so I am just hanging on to the booking for anything to happen at the moment.

I think an around Aus in 28 days has a better chance of happening than the 35 day to Hawaii in April. I think the startup for cruising here will be domestic Aus/Nz cruises and those we can do 🙏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I think an around Aus in 28 days has a better chance of happening than the 35 day to Hawaii in April. I think the startup for cruising here will be domestic Aus/Nz cruises and those we can do 🙏

Hope you are right.  I think border issues may still be a problem even when everyone who wants to be vaccinated is.  Once we open up, we are going to still have covid numbers for a while and I am not sure, for instance, that the WA Premier will open up to the rest of us.  If the ship can only go as far as Darwin and back, I will still be on.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Here you go, 107 nights! But, yes, not ideal to do in the middle of winter. Not just the Great Australian Bight but also the South Island of NZ and Tasmania

A lot of the winter weather problem could be solved by moving the depart date to July or August.
Don’t want to be going round our top end when it is too warm (read humid) either - cyclones,  rain etc.

Edited by Porky55

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Here you go, 107 nights! But, yes, not ideal to do in the middle of winter. Not just the Great Australian Bight but also the South Island of NZ and Tasmania. 

Perhaps Tassie would add King Island, or Queenstown, Strahan on the wild west coast. From Queenstown could do those fabulous Gordon River Cruises 💕 Would/could Have some amazing cruising days 🌊

Mind boggles as to just how many fabulous places there are in this country and NZ that we could visit, if cruise ships were allowed.

23 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Will this switch by these two cruise lines sway our politicians / authorities to allow cruising to restart?
Without the need for passports 😉

You may still need passports - I noticed on the Cunard board that even on their "staycation" trips the Brits need theirs.  Maybe because you in international waters???