Ya'll Are Going to Think I Am a Bit Nuts.......Just booked Muse!

Lois R

On 8/27/2021 at 6:11 PM, CJANDH said:

In terms of "cost cutting" there did seem to be some inventory reduction going on. They ran out of several popular beer brands and a few wines early in the cruise. Understandable that they want to reduce capital outlay and not a problem for us. Plenty of acceptable options available!!!

Appreciate this follow-up and these details from the Silver Muse.  Very interesting and helpful!!  It is also understandable given the re-starting process and the limited numbers on these initial sailings during this re-opening period.  Great sharing by all on this thread.  Keep up the great efforts.    

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Summer 2019 Calgary, Jasper/Banff National Parks, Western Canada Rocky Mountaineer rail adventure, Vancouver, sailing up to Alaska on Silver Muse, post-cruise excursion to Denali, etc.  Many visuals and details from our first in these scenic areas!  Live/blog: 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2682584-live-terryohio-silver-muse-alaska-canadarockies-pix’s/

Hi folks. Sitting at the gate in the Seattle airport and I must say I really had a great cruise😀

My flight leaves at 11 with a 3 hour layover in Denver and I get home tonight at 11:15😯

Not sure I will do a review this time but I will say my favorite ship is the Moon😀 with Muse close 2nd.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:27 PM, CJANDH said:

I spoke to the Cruise Director on Muse last week. He commented that at 200 passengers they are barely paying for the gas. If cruising continues at these levels the financial health of the company has to be at risk. Hopefully, there will be no outbreaks of the virus on any of the ships sailing and customer confidence will start improving.

Also, there was a strong rumor going around the crew that Muse would be heading for Japan after Alaska as the ship has apparently been chartered for a private cruise.

We were booked on the October 5 Muse cruise of Japan but canceled when it became doubtful the ship could dock in Japan. There is an empty week in the schedule after that cruise and I assume it is a private charter.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi folks. Sitting at the gate in the Seattle airport and I must say I really had a great cruise😀

My flight leaves at 11 with a 3 hour layover in Denver and I get home tonight at 11:15😯

Not sure I will do a review this time but I will say my favorite ship is the Moon😀 with Muse close 2nd.

Lois, Glad you had a great cruise.  Have a safe flight home, and be thankful you are flying back to Florida and not Louisiana.  This time the hurricane visited elsewhere. Neil

Just now, Stumblefoot said:

What is it about the Moon that set it apart from your #2 Muse?

#1 Factor is The SALT concept😀😀😀I love it!

Also Iike The Dolce Vita set up better on the Moon too. But I would sail Muse again without hesitation😁. I just thoughtThe Moon was so fabulous!

• Like 2

#1 Factor is The SALT concept😀😀😀I love it!

Also Iike The Dolce Vita set up better on the Moon too. But I would sail Muse again without hesitation😁. I just thoughtThe Moon was so fabulous!

Thanks a bundle, Lois!  Love the perspective.  

We really fell in love with the Muse during our South American voyage from Santiago to Buenos Aires.  Fell head over heels for the Arts Cafe.  So, as you can imagine, I can hardly wait to experience S.A.L.T..  Also, the new Dolce Vita too.  Based on the schematics I’ve seen, I think SS really improved that space by reimagining and relocating the bar.  So, I’m glad to hear you like the setup better.

• Like 1

Just now, seaver said:

Lois...... Can you please tell me about your Panorama Suite.

Thanks

Hi😀sure. I was in 940. It had floor to ceiling windows and the lovely walk in closet per usual😃 I had plenty of space. My Butler was Anu who was really nice👍

12 hours ago, travelnap said:

Lois, Glad you had a great cruise.  Have a safe flight home, and be thankful you are flying back to Florida and not Louisiana.  This time the hurricane visited elsewhere. Neil

Hi Neil😀 thanks so much. I got home late last night. Looks like Ida hit the Gulf area HARD.

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi😀sure. I was in 940. It had floor to ceiling windows and the lovely walk in closet per usual😃 I had plenty of space. My Butler was Anu who was really nice👍

Did you like it better than a Vista suite?  If so, why?  

I’ve always wondered about the Panorama suite.  Sounds like you lose the couch from your description, so I assume they must be smaller than a Vista as there is only room for two chairs, instead of a couch and two chairs.

45 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Did you like it better than a Vista suite?  If so, why?  

I’ve always wondered about the Panorama suite.  Sounds like you lose the couch from your description, so I assume they must be smaller than a Vista as there is only room for two chairs, instead of a couch and two chairs.

Hi, I have never stayed in a Vista suite and don't recall ever seeing one in person either.  So I cannot give a comparison but what you said is correct. There is no couch but I can only speak from my own experience and since I sail solo I found more than enough space in the Panorama🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

My Butler was Anu who was really nice👍

I'm guessing it's the same Anu who was our Butler on the Silver Spirit in 2018 and we thought he was a gem amongst many.  We lost track of him last year but your mention brought back great memories of his attentiveness and good conversation.   Thanks Lois!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fortunate2 said:

I'm guessing it's the same Anu who was our Butler on the Silver Spirit in 2018 and we thought he was a gem amongst many.  We lost track of him last year but your mention brought back great memories of his attentiveness and good conversation.   Thanks Lois!

You are welcome🙂...he is from India. Was always asking me if I needed anything🙂.....only the first night.

I needed different pillows and a blanket rather than a duvet.  I would see him every morning before I left cabin......he would take my temp every day.

• Like 1

OMG...I just wrote a review on a new thread and it disappeared😢...........yikes....I really don't want to write it all over again👎

Sorry to hear that.  Although it won’t help you now, what you experienced is why so many of us use a word processor or text editor to compose our reviews and/or “live” blogs to avoid what you encountered.  Sometimes lessons learned really suck.

Good morning........I will try to post some new thoughts later today.  You are right, sometimes it does suck. Being back home is not so great either LOL

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear of your problems with the website.For the past three weeks each time I log on a message comes up to inform me I have 129 new notifications..Cannot get rid of it !Probably just website problems that will disappear soon.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lois R said:

You are welcome🙂...he is from India. Was always asking me if I needed anything🙂.....only the first night.

I needed different pillows and a blanket rather than a duvet.  I would see him every morning before I left cabin......he would take my temp every day.

We had an Anu as our butler in 2014 on the Wind in the Med.  I suppose with the masking it would be difficult but he was known as “the man with a million dollar smile”.  He was absolutely fantastic.