Ya'll Are Going to Think I Am a Bit Nuts.......Just booked Muse!

Lois R

17 hours ago, travelnap said:

Hi Lois, It sounds like you are having a good cruise.  Hope once you leave Juneau you are able to find some sunshine to enjoy.  It seems every time I have gone to Juneau or Ketchikan it is always raining or misting.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Neil

This is one of those things that I hate the most - when I finally get a chance to go on vacation and I have to deal with bad weather, rain, overbooking and full beaches.. 

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi😀no testing at all and we are on here 1 week now.

Chatted with Rico for a while and he is a great guy and does a good job as well😀

We are in Icey Straight tomorrow. We left Juneau at 6 PM but at 7:30 the Capt came on and announced he had to turn around and go back as there was a medical emergency. Hope whoevever it was will be ok.

Thanks Lois and there was no proof of negative test required 72 hours before sailing. Some of us are confused by what this person posted. Interesting you are doing icy point after Juneau, Juneau and Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm were our last stop. I do hope that person with the medical emergency will be ok. . Continue Safe and healthy journey to you all .

Edited by bobolz

Muse has gone from Green to Yellow on the CDC chart, which means that a case has been reported on board. It only takes 0.1% of guests to test positive to trigger this move. With the low number of guests on Muse, that would be just one person. Link to CDC web page:  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

If you are around Lois, any announcement from the bridge?

Just now, CJANDH said:

Muse has gone from Green to Yellow on the CDC chart, which means that a case has been reported on board. It only takes 0.1% of guests to test positive to trigger this move. With the low number of guests on Muse, that would be just one person. Link to CDC web page:  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

If you are around Lois, any announcement from the bridge?

Nope, I have not heard about any cases on board. I went to Guest Relations about this and they were not aware of this status change. They said they would tell the appropriate people. I showed them the link.

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

...which means that a case has been reported on board.

This statement is inaccurate.  Yellow could also indicate that the state or local health department notified the CDC of passenger COVID-19 cases that occurred within 5 days of disembarkation.

Edited by Stumblefoot

On 8/24/2021 at 12:33 PM, TLCOhio said:

Appreciate this great news and follow-up.  Good other that Silversea's is not "cutting corners" with the "extras" that make a positive difference. 

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

In terms of "cost cutting" there did seem to be some inventory reduction going on. They ran out of several popular beer brands and a few wines early in the cruise. Understandable that they want to reduce capital outlay and not a problem for us. Plenty of acceptable options available!!!

Hi CJ, It could mean the CDC was made aware someone was lifted off the ship. From what I was told there are no positive cases on board this sailing.

• Like 1

Hi Lois; first sad that a passenger passed on your voyage.

Please, if u get the chance, tell Marco Sangiocomo, Ida and I said hello.  We know we won't see him on the Silver Dawn in November, but we really enjoy cruising with him.

Lois- sorry to hear about the death of the passenger. Any death is so tragic, regardless the cause. Well as mentioned by Anchorbuoy our cruise will require testing to board, so something changed to trigger that protocol. Will cross our fingers that we pass. Continue to stay healthy and safe. Once again thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

Your posts are very much appreciated, Lois and Highplanesdrifters, as there are many eyes on this thread as it relates to future travel. Many, many thanks. I am booked on the last voyage of the season on the Muse and protocols seem to change frequently. It feels particularly difficult trying to get to Seattle from Canada with airline testing requirements. Thank you again. 

Edited by KMACKCANADA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KMACKCANADA said:

Your posts are very much appreciated, Lois and Highplanesdrifter, as there are many eyes on this thread as it relates to future travel. Many, many thanks. I am booked on the last voyage of of the season on the Muse and protocols seem to change frequently. It feels particularly difficult trying to get to Seattle from Canada with airline testing requirements. Thank you again. 

I agree! Thanks again to Lois and all who have posted regarding current travel conditions.  I'll do my best to update with a new thread. 

• Like 1