Ya'll Are Going to Think I Am a Bit Nuts.......Just booked Muse!

Lois R

Well, maybe if I meet some nice folks on my cruise, I will ask if they want to share my bottle and then it will be consumed at one time😃

• Like 1

Lois- I would be interested to know when you get your notice of your guaranty room. We did the same thing for the cruise that follows yours. I’m hoping for an upgrade, but will be satisfied with a Vista . 

Look forward to hearing how things go on these Muse Alaska sailings. I see they don’t require masks, I’m still not sure if that is a good thing or not with these delta breakthroughs. Crossing fingers. Enjoy!  

1 hour ago, bobolz said:

Lois- I would be interested to know when you get your notice of your guaranty room. We did the same thing for the cruise that follows yours. I’m hoping for an upgrade, but will be satisfied with a Vista . 

Look forward to hearing how things go on these Muse Alaska sailings. I see they don’t require masks, I’m still not sure if that is a good thing or not with these delta breakthroughs. Crossing fingers. Enjoy!  

Hi Bob, well, looking at the calendar, I sail in 20 days.  Countdown is definitely on and will be glad to let you know when they issue me a cabin.

Where did you see no masks? 

Thanks Jolly for sharing. 

Lois- yes the healthy return to sailing info as well as our documents that we just received today states that masks are not required, although they recommend. So just wondering if they continue to find more breakthrough cases, if they will send modifications notice. 

1 hour ago, bobolz said:

Thanks Jolly for sharing. 

Lois- yes the healthy return to sailing info as well as our documents that we just received today states that masks are not required, although they recommend. So just wondering if they continue to find more breakthrough cases, if they will send modifications notice. 

Good morning,🙂 I will be bringing my masks with me. Flying to Seattle they will be a necessity. Will find out soon enough what protocols are in place once you board the ship.  And as we all know, everything continues to be fluid........

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning,🙂 I will be bringing my masks with me. Flying to Seattle they will be a necessity. Will find out soon enough what protocols are in place once you board the ship.  And as we all know, everything continues to be fluid........

Lois- So true. you are lucky you were able to enjoy your cruise with no issues. I’m not hearing any positive covid cases on any Silverseas cruises, only on the mass market ships and thankfully not many , but believe all the earlier Silversea cruises required guests and crew to wear masks, the mass markets did not. The Muse cruises will be the first, I believe, where masks are not required. Hopefully no cases occur. Enjoy your cruise and look forward to your helpful reports. Thanks for sharing, we all appreciate them😊  

Edited by bobolz

Good morning......I am wondering if anyone who chats on here is sailing on the Muse now......her first cruise just embarked on 7/29.........hope everyone is having a good time.😃

47 minutes ago, CJANDH said:

Covid willing, I will be on Muse on August 8 from Seattle. I will post impressions of embarkation protocols.

Hi😃 welcome to the SS Forum and thank you! So I will be getting on board as your are disembarking🙂.  Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Got my cabin assignment..........940 Panorama deck........window. I was told I could upgrade to a balcony for 1500.00.  No thanks. I will stay where I am.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Got my cabin assignment..........940 Panorama deck........window. I was told I could upgrade to a balcony for 1500.00.  No thanks. I will stay where I am.

I agree. When you factor the 125% solo rate, this is almost the rack rate difference from the lowest category to basic veranda. Not a deal at all IMHO.

3 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I agree. When you factor the 125% solo rate, this is almost the rack rate difference from the lowest category to basic veranda. Not a deal at all IMHO.

I am good with the window. And I was happy with the price I paid for it.👍

2 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Reason I did the math as I was hoping for an upgrade deal on our Dubai to Mumbai this Nov. It looks like SS is stingy on upgrades even on ships with many empty cabins. Oh well!!

I wasn't sure what they were going to do......but I am good with this cabin. I have never had a cabin up on 9 so this will be a new experience. Actually, when I look at the deck plans, it looks like the Owner's Suite is next door.

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I wasn't sure what they were going to do......but I am good with this cabin. I have never had a cabin up on 9 so this will be a new experience. Actually, when I look at the deck plans, it looks like the Owner's Suite is next door.

Make some friends and get invited to their parties!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Back in the day, we used to get the OS on the very aft section of the Oceania R-ships. And yes we had some fun parties!

Hi JP, I bet you did😃

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Those floor-to-ceiling windows are lovely, Lois. I think you'll like the view up there much better than what you would have gotten from the 4th deck Vista. And you still get to stay nice and warm!

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Unibok said:

Those floor-to-ceiling windows are lovely, Lois. I think you'll like the view up there much better than what you would have gotten from the 4th deck Vista. And you still get to stay nice and warm!

Enjoy!

Ahhh....thanks for that information!😃 I didn't realize they are floor to ceiling!

I just went to the deck plans and now I see it!  Thanks again!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobolz said:

Hi Lois- glad you got your room and are happy with it. Nice center location! Enjoy ! How were you notified ? by email or did you receive your tags by snail mail? 

No luggage tags.......

Actually, I called about something else and while I was on the phone asked about it. (this was yesterday).  I got my answer today...received a phone call and an email.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I didn't realize they are floor to ceiling!

I just went to the deck plans and now I see it! 

One does not need a balcony when cruising in Alaska.  One ought to be "out and about" when the ship is in areas of scenic cruising.  

44 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

One does not need a balcony when cruising in Alaska.  One ought to be "out and about" when the ship is in areas of scenic cruising.  

I know....I think that topic was brought up earlier. Some folks would never cruise without a balcony, no matter what the itinerary.

Others? Well, I normally always go with a balcony but in this case, I will be fine.🙂

• Like 1