Wine musical ? Is it worth it?

Hadacareer

11 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

I saw in on The Escape and thought that it was funny and well done. The cast was great, the wines were good, and the story was fun too. I recommend it 👍

Do you remember (roughly) what the surcharge was?

1 minute ago, Hadacareer said:

I think it was around $28/person and included lunch, but that was 2018. It may have changed since then. You could use a dining credit I believe too.

We have a cruise on the Getaway booked.  According to what is currently showing (too early to book)

Wine Lovers The Musical

Do You Love Wine? Do You Love Comedy? Then we have the show for you! Hailed as “A great evening out” by the New York Post, Wine Lovers – the world’s first T ...

• PRICE $24.53 USD
  • A 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added at time of payment for entertainment dining.
Too early to book.

Also, Per NCL (USA) online T&C...

Any Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues, The Bake Shop, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, specialty items in the Asian restaurant, Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year's, Christmas, etc.), Jazz Brunch, Wine Lovers and Murder Mystery lunches, and beverages are not included as part of the Specialty Dining Packages.
Guests are permitted to pre-reserve specialty dining with entertainment included online. However, the guest is responsible to pay the full retail value.
If the guest chooses to use the reservation as part of their specialty dining package, they will need to make these arrangements once onboard.
Specialty Dining Packages include one main course per person at Cagney's and Le Bistro restaurants. Additional main courses will be charged at the a la carte price listed on the menu.
There is no minimum or maximum to the number of meals that can be redeemed in a day, however each meal is counted towards the package.

11 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

If you are thinking about it and it sounds interesting to you then why not? Everyone has a different opinion. You are on vacation and on a ship. Have fun with everything!

Thanks!  We are on the getaway 5 dec

I also did it a few years ago and it was AWESOME. There's a bit of crowd interaction which is cool, and the food was actually pretty good. I don't recall if the food was paired with the wine or not, but either way it was worth it IMO. Something different to do. 

Like @Montanagirlalways said: Everyone has a different opinion.

I did this about four years ago with parents and my sibling. The family enjoyed it, but I thought it was okay. I wasn't crazy about the wine selections, but remember the food was comparable to what you'd get in the main dining room. 

We have done it a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It probably wouldn't seem worth the price ($30 or so) unless you are a wine lover, but the show is fun and upbeat, the cast each time we saw it were great, and the audience interaction made for a fun time.  They almost always schedule it for a sea day, so you might find yourself looking for something to do that day, anyway.  Having seen the show twice, we probably won't be going again, but I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys wine and musical theater.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We saw it a few years ago.  Not being a wine drinker, for me it wasn't worth it.  DH drank mine, had too much, and slept the day away.  Nothing special about the food...

Not taking DH with me, thx for the warning lol!

Edited by Hadacareer

We did it 2013 or 2014. Must have been on the Epic or Breakaway, it was fun.  Food was good, not great,  show was fun.  DH doesn't drink any more otherwise we might do it again. If my brother & sil were with us on a future cruise I'd do it again.  It was fun & entertaining.

Edited by lkj1301
correct cruise ship

I saw it on the Breakaway in 2014 on my actual birthday. I don't remember anything about the food or the show itself. I thought it was interactive at first. 

Since I didn't think it was enough wine for someone's birthday, I simply grabbed all the glasses I could and downed them (they weren't going ask them back.)

Then I showed them my ID and said because it was my birthday Mike said I could have some extra.

If you have the UBP I don't know if I would go, but this was pre UBP days

It's a different take on a typical cruise ship wine tasting.  If you like trying different wines it's fun, but don't expect to try any exclusive/rare vintages.  The show is fun, and light-hearted like everyone has said.  The meal is a set menu, that I thought was a bit lackluster. You're really paying for the wine and the show.  The food is more of an afterthought.  I saw it on the Getaway, and would go again.  

13 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

i do know when we sailed on the Breakaway, we were able to exchange one of our speciality dining +$25 for the show  It was very good