Anyone cruise out of Florida on Carnival recently?

curiousguy

Wondered if they are requiring passengers to show a completed vax card in order to board with the law passed recently in FL?  Just trying to find out what requirements related to covid are needed for passengers to have in possession to board?

2 hours ago, curiousguy said:

Wondered if they are requiring passengers to show a completed vax card in order to board with the law passed recently in FL?  Just trying to find out what requirements related to covid are needed for passengers to have in possession to board?

So the way Carnival has done this is one way of approaching the issue, and while this has been discussed to death here, in short:

Carnival asks you to state whether you are fully vaxxed or not.  If not, you can apply for an exemption.  If you don't get the exemption due to the available slots being full, you get a refund or chance to re-book.

If you state you are fully vaxxed, there is an expectation you will prove that claim at the port when you board.  Failure to prove it means you will be denied boarding because the unvaxxed slots are full (and you get a full refund, I think).

That dances around the FL law - you aren't required to prove it, but if you don't you are assumed to be unvaxxed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

So the way Carnival has done this is one way of approaching the issue, and while this has been discussed to death here, in short:

Carnival asks you to state whether you are fully vaxxed or not.  If not, you can apply for an exemption.  If you don't get the exemption due to the available slots being full, you get a refund or chance to re-book.

If you state you are fully vaxxed, there is an expectation you will prove that claim at the port when you board.  Failure to prove it means you will be denied boarding because the unvaxxed slots are full (and you get a full refund, I think).

That dances around the FL law - you aren't required to prove it, but if you don't you are assumed to be unvaxxed.

This is good information.  Do you happen to know what measures Carnival is taking to ensure authenticity of the vax card?

Carnival doesn't deny boarding based on vaccination status, but based on lack of exemption status. No exemptions are granted at the pier, they must be applied for and approved in advance.

Carnival is making copies of all vaccination cards.

20 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Has to be an original

Yes has to be an original and in the exact name as on the travel documents.  My wife had to get another one because her card was in the name she goes by, but it has her full name on her passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, curiousguy said:

Just got back from an 8 day cruise out of Miami on the Freedom . Although people who had digital items I went thru the security line much faster with paper copies. You dont even get to go into the terminal without having your paperwork checked. They went over my stuff while using my passport for my personnal info . You get 2 different stamps put on your boarding pass and they are checked for the stamps . The lady doing my checks said she wished everyone did paper copies . It was much easier . I had my paperwork in plastic sheets in a duotang .

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, BlerkOne said:

Carnival doesn't deny boarding based on vaccination status, but based on lack of exemption status. No exemptions are granted at the pier, they must be applied for and approved in advance.

Carnival is making copies of all vaccination cards.

Been on two cruises and I don’t recall them taking copies of the vaccine cards.  They just do a check to make sure you have it and then stamp your boarding pass.